In this article, we will discuss how to get rid of sneezing? People hate sneezing as it is irritating, aggravating and sometimes embarrassing if you sneeze in public places. But, every process in the body occurs due to some reason. Sneezing helps us to expel allergens and irritants from our body. The reason for sneezing could be various, there is not a single agent who is responsible for sneezing. Medicine available around us only masks the sneezing without working on root causes of for the problem. Best season for sneezing is winter, and it is normal in the cold weather.
The most common cause of the sneezing is pollen grains. Around 26 million Americans suffer from sneezing or upper respiratory allergies. The sneeze is not only problematic for the person who is sneezing, but also for the people around him. Basically, it is a way to keep dust, toxic, and other pollutants away from your lungs. To read more, please follow the link home remedies for sneezing on our website.
How to Cover Up Sneeze?
- Turn your head away from the others and use a tissue to cover your nose.
- Clean your hands after discarding the tissue in the dust bin using soap and water for about 15 seconds.
- If you don’t have tissue paper, then use your sleeve to cover your nose.
Causes of Sneezing:
- When the body attempts to get rid of any unwanted materials present in the nasal passages.
- Allergies to dust, molds or pollen grain cause sneezing.
- Contact of the respiratory mucosa with an airborne allergen.
- Change in weather could also trigger the sneezing.
Remedies to Get Rid of Sneezing:
1.) Black pepper to Cure Sneezing
Black pepper contains some wonderful medicinal properties to treat sneezing attack fat. It is one of the best solutions to treat sneezing and a runny nose.
- Heat water in a bowl on a low flame to make it lukewarm.
- Add ½ teaspoon of black pepper to this lukewarm water. Drink the solution, repeat it three times a day.
- For faster effect, you can add pepper to your soup and mix salad also.
- Soup with pepper mix with it could also be beneficial for healing common cold as well.
2.) Garlic to Get Rid of Sneezing
Garlic has natural antiviral and antibiotic properties that do wonders at fighting upper respiratory infections. Garlic can be used either externally or internally to get relief from sneezing due to the common cold. You can either eat raw garlic or add it in your daily cooking.
- Take 4-5 garlic cloves and make a paste in a small bowl by crushing it.
- Inhale the smell of the paste that comes out due to the crushing of garlic cloves.
- By smelling the paste the mucous or toxin in the nasal passage will get clear off, and then you will able to control sneezing.
3.) Steam bath to Get Rid of Sneezing
A steam bath is one of the most useful home remedies for sneezing attack at home. Steam inhalation or steam bath both is capable of controlling your sneezing problem to a great extent. Sneezing is caused due to the foreign invader like dust, dirt or pollen, steam bath boosts your immune system to conquer these allergens. Steam bath not only heals sneezing but common cold and running nose problem. It also reduces inflammation and stuffy nose.
4.) Ginger to Get Rid of Sneezing
Ginger is the vital gift of natural that can be useful to treat numerous health problems. Ginger has been one of the best remedies since ancient times to treat the common cold and sneezing. Its medicinal properties can be used for the treatment of different nasal and viral problems including sneezing and other cold symptoms.
- Take a fresh ginger piece, wash it, peel it and then crush the ginger root.
- Put the crushed ginger root onto a clean piece of cloth and press it to extract the juice.
- Extract at least 1-2 teaspoon of ginger juice and have it twice a day.
5.) Chamomile Tea to Stop Sneezing
A cup of chamomile tea is one of the best home remedies for sneezing attack caused by allergies. The excellent antihistamine properties of chamomile can provide instant relief from a sneezing problem naturally.
- Add 1 teaspoon of chamomile flowers to 1 cup of water and bring it to the boil.
- Boil it on a medium flame for 5 minutes, strain it and then add honey to the tea.
- Drink the tea twice a day.
6.) Bitter Gourd to Get Rid of Sneezing
Bitter gourd has various biological importances and that’s why it can also helpful to the people with the sneezing problem.
- Take 6-8 bitter gourd leaves and soak it in water for some time.
- Take out the leaves and squeeze them, now add warm water to prepare a juice.
- Adding honey to the mix will add some taste to it.
- Drinking the juice help you to control sneezing, but it will also give you many other health benefits as well.
7.) Lemon Essential Oil to Get Rid of Sneezing
Lemon juice works wonders for a sneezing and runny nose. There are other citrus fruits also to treat sneezing such as lime and orange. The remedy is extremely easy to prepare, you just need some fresh lemons and water.
- Add 1-2 drops of lemon essential oil to hot water and then inhale the steam.
- You may also inhale the lemon essential oil directly or diffuse the oil using a diffuser.
- Add lemon essential oil in your daily dietary supplements like in any drinks or water.
8.) Turmeric to Stop Sneezing
The immune system triggers the sneezing if it finds that allergens are invading through nostrils. To control the sneezing, the immune should be boosted. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of turmeric make it a special remedy to get rid of sneezing from the root cause.
- Take honey in a bowl and add five teaspoons of turmeric powder mix it thoroughly.
- Put the mixer in an air tide container and store it. Take the mixture, at least, two times daily for fast result.
- Mixing 1 teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk makes the immune system stronger and boosted.
- Turmeric supplement could also be taken after a recommendation from the doctor.
- Using turmeric in regular cooking items would be beneficial.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Sneezing
Apple cider vinegar can help you to treat sneezing due to its acetic acid content. The acetic acid present in the vinegar has been found to prevent sneezing attack effectively. It not only help to absorb nutrients from the food you eat but also treats digestive issues and fights infections.
- Take water in a bowl and put it on the medium flame to make it warm.
- To this warm water, add 2-3 teaspoons of unfiltered organic vinegar.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon of honey and lemon juice to the solution.
- Drink this solution at least 3 times in a day and keep drinking it until you feel better.
- The solution will help you to reduce symptoms of sneezing, nasal congestion, headaches along with this it also boosts the immune system.
10.) Air Filter to Stop Sneezing
Installing an air filter in your house will reduce the allergens about 90-95%. If you have the problem of sneezing due to allergens then you can’t skip installing an air filter. This will keep your home allergy free by removing pollen causing a sneezing attack. Keep the doors and windows close to prevent foreign particles from the entry in your home. You should prevent yourself to get contact with allergies as it is one of the best ways to get rid of sneezing.
11.) Stinging Nettle to Get Rid of Sneezing
Nettle is capable of soothing sneezing as it has got high iron, calcium, potassium and vitamin C constituents. You can have nettle in any form either capsule or tea. To make nettle tea, steep the herb in hot water and then add honey. Have 2-3 cups daily. You can also take 1-2 capsules of nettle extract. Repeat this after every fourth hour depending upon the severity of your sneezing.
12.) Essential Oil Blend to Stop Sneezing
If you are suffering from chronic sneezing problem then you must try a strong remedy by blending essential oils. Place three drops each of lavender, peppermint, lemon essential oil in the diffuser and then diffuse them. You can also mix them all with raw local honey and then have it. This remedy is outstanding for those who sneeze very often due to seasonal allergies. The essential oil blend is one of the most useful remedies to treat sneezing attack.