There are various natural ways to get rid of white spots on skin. White spots on skin can cause embarrassment and it is a blow to the self-confidence of a person. The white spots on the skin are caused by different reasons, either by the bacterial or fungal infections that can eat away the skin and inhibit the production of melanin to replace the lost skin cells. Although they are known as white spots on the skin, they are usually more reddish in color and depending upon the skin complexion of the person suffering from the problem. Here are the natural ways to get rid of white spots on the skin.
Causes of White Spots on Skin
- Family history
- Exposure to industrial chemicals
- Stress or sunburn
- Destruction of melanocytes in the skin due to disorder of the immune system
- Deficiency of vitamin B12
- Fungal infections such as eczema or psoriasis
Natural Ways to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin:
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Apple cider vinegar contains acidic properties that restrain bacterial growth. This because ACV is said to have natural antibacterial properties which help to fight and eliminate the responsible bacteria from your skin. This makes it as an effective natural remedy to get rid of white spots on skin.
- Apply diluted apple cider vinegar above the white patches can help eliminate the infection and decrease the appearance of the patches.
- Blend water and apple cider vinegar in the ratio 2:1 and apply the mixture over the white patches in the regular period during the day.
- You can also use the solution to wash the infected skin.
- Alternatively, you can add a few drops of apple cider vinegar to a warm bath and soak in it for about 20 minutes.
- Repeat this every day to get rid of white spot on the skin naturally.
2.) Cabbage Juice to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Applying cabbage juice over the white spot on the skin can reduce their occurrence and stop recurrences. This is because Cabbage is known pretty well to improve the vitiligo skin spots. This makes it as an effective home remedy to get rid of white spots on skin.
- Grind a some cabbage leaves, extract the juice.
- Apply it over the white patches for around 15 minutes at a regular period during the day.
- Alternatively, you can also boil some cabbage leaves in water for 15 minutes.
- Use the resultant solution to cleanse the infected skin.
- Better yet, you can make a few holes in the leaves and put them directly over the white spot on the skin.
- Keep it for about 20 minutes, twice every day for fast and better results.
3.) Copper to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Copper ions are known to excite the increased generation of melanin in the body which in turn can effectively diminish the occurrence of white spot on the skin and stop the recurrences. This makes it as one of the effective home remedies to get rid of white spots on skin.
- Pour some water in a copper flask any other copper vessel also used.
- Leave the water overnight.
- Drink the water the first thing in the morning to get rid of the white spots on the skin.
- Remark that you need to place the vessel at room temperature and not in any refrigerator.
- As doing this would kill the efficiency of the copper ions.
4.) Turmeric to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Turmeric has natural anti-bacterial properties which helps to get rid of the responsible bacteria and fight the infection. It is also helpful in boosting the immune system and thus helping to get rid of the white spots on the skin.
- Blend 5 teaspoons of turmeric in 250 ml of mustard oil and form a paste.
- Apply over the discolored skin area.
- Keep on using this natural remedy for a year to get rid of white spots on the skin permanently.
5.) Radish Seeds to Cure White Spots on Skin
Radish seeds are highly efficient in regenerating melanin in human skin. They are popularly known as a very valuable ingredient to treat white spots on skin.
- Grind 50 grams of radish seeds into fine powder.
- Blend it with 50 ml of vinegar to form a fine paste.
- Apply the radish seed powder paste on the white spots every day.
- Leave it for at least 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Repeat this remedy for six months and you will witness the white spots, gradually disappearing with time.
6.) Ginger to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Ginger is a one of the best home remedies for white spots on the skin or vitiligo. The principal job of ginger is to encourage the proper blood circulation in the body and improve the production of melanin in the skin. These qualities make it as a vital natural home remedy.
- Take a few ginger slices and place the slice directly over the spotted areas.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day.
- You can also extract the juice from one big ginger root and a few fresh mint leaves.
- Drink it daily for a few weeks to get rid of white spots on the skin.
7.) Coconut Oil to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Coconut oil is a perfect remedy to treat the problem of white spots on the skin. It comprises of natural moisturizing properties along with several other types of benefits. Coconut oil will essentially help in the process of re-pigmentation.
- Apply some pure coconut oil on the affected areas to treat white patches naturally.
- Repeat the remedy till the problem is cured completely.
8.) Red Clay to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
As we have already discussed above that copper is very useful to treat the white spots on skin naturally. Red clay contains some particles of copper which can cure the problem same as copper does. The content of copper makes it perfect to provide sufficient melanin.
- Add little ginger juice to some red clay and mix it properly.
- Apply the blend to the affected areas, leave it for some time.
- As soon as it gets dry, clean with water.
- Repeat the remedy daily for better results.
9.) Honey to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
If none of the remedies working for you, then handover the case to honey, it will effectively cure the problem. Honey can nourish the skin to obtain its melanin content and eliminate the white patches. Honey can be used in different ways to get the desired results.
- Apply some honey on the affected white spots on the skin.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get effective results.
- This will surely help to get rid of the white spots on your skin.
10.) Sandalwood Powder for White Spots Treatment at Home
Sandalwood is yet another home remedy to treat white spots on the skin. This will encourage the formation of melanin in the skin. Sandalwood powder has the ability to cure the problem effectively if applied the paste regularly.
- Prepare a paste by mixing some sandalwood powder and honey together.
- Apply the paste on the white spots on the skin to treat the problem fast and naturally.
- This will eventually prove to an effective sure for your problem.
11.) Psoralen Seeds to Treat White Spots on Skin
Psoralen herb is one of the effective home remedies for white spots on the skin. The psoralen seeds are used to treat the white spots on the skin. Psoralen seeds not only help you to treat white spots on the skin but, can help you to get a flawless and perfect skin when used regularly over time.
- Just soak 20 grams of tamarind and two teaspoons of Psoralen seeds in water for 4 days.
- Dry the seeds and grind them into a coarse paste using the same water that has used for soaking.
- Now, directly apply the paste on white spots for a month.
- Allow the paste to work on spots for half an hour and then wash it off.
- Repeat the process twice daily to get rid of white spots on the skin.
12.) Margosa Leaves for White Spots Treatment
Margosa is an excellent natural remedy for the treatment of white spots on the skin. Its leaves are also believed to aid restore skin pigmentation. It also works as an excellent blood purifier and immune booster when taken internally. The sterile property of margosa helps to overcome the spots, in case these are caused due to an infection.
- Mix some crushed margosa leaves and buttermilk to make a fine paste.
- Now, apply the paste on your white spots and leave it on until it gets dry completely.
- Then, simply wash it off.
- Repeat this natural remedy at least for a few weeks.
- Another option is to daily apply margosa oil on the skin after diluting it.
- Add a few drops of margosa oil in 1 teaspoon of coconut oil or any other carrier oil and then apply on the white spots on the skin.
- Moreover, a paste of margosa leaves and turmeric can also be applied to the targeted areas.
13.) Frankincense Essential Oil to Treat White Spots on Skin
This oil is a major ingredient in unani and ayurvedic medicine, which is used to treat skin conditions like white spots, eczema and psoriasis. It evens out the skin discoloration by maintaining the melanin production in the skin. It is one of the most effective remedies for white spot treatment.
- Take one tablespoon of carrier oil.
- Mix a few drops of frankincense essential oil.
- Apply this mixture of oils on the affected areas of the skin.
- Do this daily once to get rid of white spots completely.
14.) Vitamin E Oil to Reduce White Patches
The skin rejuvenating properties in vitamin E oil will speed up the recovery process if you have white patches on the skin. Itching and irritation are the curses that are accompanied by white patches. Vitamin E oil keeps the affected area hydrated and prevents you from these curses.
- Take pure vitamin E oil and massage it on the white spots of the skin.
- Leave it for 30 minutes so that the oil is completely absorbed by the skin.
- After 30 minutes, clean the area with lukewarm water.
- Make sure that you apply vitamin E oil throughout the day at regular intervals of time.
- Do this daily until white spots diminishes completely.
15.) Lilac to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
Lilac is one of the most effective remedies when it comes to skin infections and problems. It minimizes the autoimmune disorders of the skin. It not only speeds up the healing process but also helps you to get a clear skin.
- Take one teaspoon of lilac powder that contains flowers, fruits and leaves.
- Mix it in one cup of water.
- Drink this daily for a couple of weeks to get rid of white spots on skin.
- Alternatively, apply paste of lilac leaves on the affected areas of your skin. Do this daily until white spots diminishes completely.
16.) Aloe Vera to Cure White Spots on Skin
This is one of the most effective and safest remedies to treat white spots on the skin. The nutrients present in Aloe Vera will help you to get rid of white spots. It also speeds up the healing process and keeps the skin hydrated and nourished.
- Cut an Aloe Vera into half.
- Take a spoon and extract the gel out of it.
- Massage this gel on the affected areas of the skin.
- After a few hours, wash the area with water.
- Repeat this 2 to 3 times daily to cure white spots on skin.
17.) Black Pepper Essential Oil to Get Rid of White Patches on Skin
The presence of piperine in black pepper essential oil can do wonders for your skin. It activates the inactive melanocytes. Melanocytes are cells that produce melanin, which helps in restoring the color of the skin. All you need to do is massage combination of black pepper essential oil and carrier oil on the affected areas of the skin. Make sure it is absorbed by the skin completely. Apply this combination of oils daily to completely cure white spots on the skin.
18.) Carrots to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
The psoralens present in carrots play an important role in treatment of white spots. It is also rich in antioxidants and pigments, which are very beneficial for the skin. Carrots help in repigmentation and protects the skin from sun rays. All you need to do is drink one glass of fresh carrot juice on a regular basis. Drink this continuously for 5 to 6 weeks to see promising results.
19.) Basil to Treat White Spots on Skin
Fungal infection is one of the main causes behind white spots on skin. Basil contains anti-fungal properties and kills spores that cause skin discoloration. It is an effective remedy if the white spots are caused due to leucoderma. All you need to do is eat raw basil leaves or make a tea out of it. Stress is also an important cause behind white spots on skin. Basil also helps to reduce stress.
20.) Papaya to Get Rid of White Spots on Skin
The presence of carotene in papaya will help you to cure white spots on the skin. It helps to restore the skin color in the hypo-pigmented areas. All you need to do is mash some papaya pieces and apply it on the white spots of the skin. After 10 to 15 minutes, wash the area with cold water. Repeat this daily for promising results.