In this article, we will discuss about yellow nails and how to get rid of yellow nails? Yellow nail syndrome is an unusual medical syndrome that includes lymphedema, pleural effusions, and yellow dystrophic nails. It is also associated with constant coughing and chronic sinusitis (inflammation of nasal sinus). It typically affects adults. Approximately 40% will also contain bronchiectasis. Read more, to find out about yellow nails and home remedies for yellow nails.
Causes of Yellow Nails:
- Bacterial infection.
- Staining from nail varnish or cosmetic products.
- Fungal infection is a more common cause of stain nails.
- If you paint your nails or your toenails yellow, red, or orange.
- Your nails may be discoloured after removing the polish.
- Nails can be stained due to chronic problems and conditions as well, such as fungal infection, fungus, lung disease, diabetes, thyroid disease.
- In rare cases, the change in color can stem from a condition called yellow nail syndrome.
Home Remedies to Get Rid of Yellow Nails:
- Home Remedies to Get Rid of Yellow Nails:
- 1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 2.) Lemon to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 4.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 6.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 7.) Hydrogen Peroxide Solution to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 8.) Listerine to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 9.) Juniper Berries to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
- 10.) Avoid Nail Polishing to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
1.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Baking soda works effectively for removing yellow nails. It helps to eliminate stains from the nails through its bleaching and exfoliating properties. Baking soda works effectively to lighten the yellowness of the nails. Use this remedy to get whiter nails.
- Take one tbsp of baking soda, one tsp of lemon juice and one half tsp of olive oil.
- After adding all the ingredients make a thick paste of it.
- Then, rub the thick paste on your nails. You can use a soft toothbrush for rubbing your nails gently.
- Leave the paste for 5-10 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Apply this procedure every two weeks.
2.) Lemon to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Lemon works as an agent for reducing yellowing of the nails. It works as an astringent. It also contains a natural bleaching agent that helps to clear the yellow stains from your nails. Use this astonishing home remedy to reduce the yellowness of your nails by following this method.
- Take some fresh lemons.
- Extract the lemon juice and fill it in a bowl halfway.
- Then, soak your stain nails into the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Then, use a soft toothbrush to scrub your yellow nails gently.
- Wash off your hands with warm water.
- Apply moisturizing lotion to refill significant moisture.
- Apply this procedure two times a day until you won’t get results.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Apple cider vinegar is a useful home remedy, which contains antifungal property that helps to treat nail infections. It helps to reduce all kinds of nail infection that leads to discoloration. In apple cider vinegar acetic acid and malic acid help in reducing the discoloration of the nails. Use this antifungal remedy for better results by using this method.
- Take one-half cup of apple cider vinegar and one-half cup of lukewarm water.
- Mix them well and soak your nails in the solution for 15 minutes.
- Then, pat dry your nails properly with a soft towel.
- Apply this method at least 2-3 times a day until you won’t get results.
4.) Orange Peel to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Orange peel is known as one of the best remedies for staining. Orange peels remove the discoloration from your nails. It contains high amount of vitamin C that helps effectively in reduction of stains. Use this best home remedy at your home for effective results by following this method.
- Take a fresh orange peel and rub it on your stained nails.
- Do this daily for 3 times a day until your stained nails get whiter.
- You can also make a paste of orange peel by adding a little water into the orange peel powder.
- After adding water into the orange peel powder, make a thick paste of it.
- Apply the paste on your strained nails and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, remove the paste by using a soft toothbrush and then wash off your nails with warm water.
- Follow this remedy 2 times a day for 2 weeks.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Tea tree oil has anti-microbial and antiseptic properties that helps to battle with the infection. Its anti-microbial or antibacterial properties also helps in restoring the natural nail color. Tea tree oil is an efficient home remedy, especially if the reason of your yellowish nail is fungus related infection. It has natural fungicide properties that help in removal of the strain. Use this remedy for effective results.
- Take some tea tree oil
- Apply it to your nail beds. Leave it for a few minutes.
- Then, wash off with warm water.
- You can also apply olive oil and tea tree oil in equal quantity on your nails
- Do this process twice a day regularly for 2-3 months.
6.) Toothpaste to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Remove your stains by using whitening toothpaste, which contains hydrogen peroxide or any whitening element. Toothpaste not only helps in making your teeth whiter, it also helps in removing your stain nails effectively. Use this home remedy for making your nails whiter.
- Take some whitening toothpaste and cotton balls soaked in warm water.
- Apply a little whitening toothpaste on your stains and leave it for 10-15 minutes.
- Scrub and clean your nails by use of nail brush.
- Then, rinse off the toothpaste with cotton balls.
- Do this method 2 times per week.
7.) Hydrogen Peroxide Solution to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Hydrogen peroxide solution helps you to get whiter nails. It makes your stain nails whiter. It helps to get rid of yellow nails. Use this hydrogen peroxide solution for getting whiter nails.
- Take a one-third cup of water and three caps of hydrogen peroxide solution.
- After adding them steep your fingers in the solution for two to three minutes.
- After that, use a soft toothbrush or brush to scrub your stain nails.
- Then do not forget to moisturize your fingers with some cuticle oil.
- Do this remedy at least 3 times a week for greater effects.
8.) Listerine to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Listerine contains dynamic antifungal ingredients such as eucalyptus, thymol, menthol and methyl salicylate. Listerine has worked as an effective solution for strained nails caused by fungal infections. Use this method to get rid of yellow nails.
- Take Listerine and vinegar in equal amount.
- Mix them well and soak your stain nails in this mixture for half an hour.
- Do this procedure daily for a few days until you won’t get whiter nails.
9.) Juniper Berries to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Juniper berries work effectively on stained nails caused by any fungal infection. It acts as a strong antiseptic and treats amazingly yellowish nails. Use this home remedy by this method.
- Take 1 bowl of warm water and 1 tsp of crushed juniper berries.
- Add the crushed juniper berries in warm water.
- Soak your discolored nails in it for 10-15 minutes.
- Then, wash off with lukewarm water and apply some moisturizer.
- Use this home remedy once in a day regularly before going to bed until you won’t get greater effects.
10.) Avoid Nail Polishing to Get Rid of Yellow Nails
Avoid polishing your nails daily or keeping nail polish on your nails on regular basis. Keeping nail polish on a regular basis on your nails makes your nails yellowish in color and harms your nails. Lack of nail polishing helps your nails to get oxygen. Nails without nail polish gets easy recovery from the stain and keep away from discoloration. Hence, keep 2-3 consecutive polish free days after every day of applying a nail polish.