Yellow teeth is a common condition. It is not a result of bad hygiene only. There are other factors as well which contributes yellow teeth. The good news is that you can treat the condition without going for teeth whitening treatments. Below we have listed some amazing home remedies that will help you to get rid of the yellow teeth without spending a hefty amount in the dental clinic. Read more, to know the ways to get whiter teeth at home.
Common Factors that Lead Yellow Teeth:
- Poor dental hygiene
- Excessive consumption of tea, tobacco and cigarettes.
- High doses of antibiotics
- Consumption of tobacco
- Cigarettes and alcohol
- Dental infection
Home Remedies to Get Whiter Teeth at Home:
1.) Orange Peel to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Regularly cleaning teeth with orange peel will reduce the yellowness of the teeth and give you whiter teeth. The citric acid present in the rind gives you white teeth.
How to Use Orange Peel?
- Rub orange peel on the teeth before hitting the sack.
- The Vitamin C and calcium present in the peel will kill the micro-organisms that lead to yellow teeth.
- Alternatively, you can brush your teeth with powder of orange peel. Keep a handful of orange peels in the sunlight for a few hours. When they are dry enough, grind them to get thick powder. Either mix this powder in your toothpaste or use the powder only to clean the teeth.
- Do this regularly until you get whiter teeth.
2.) Baking Soda to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Baking soda helps you to get rid of the yellow teeth and other stains on the teeth. It will remove the plaque and give shiny white teeth.
How to Apply Baking Soda on Teeth?
- In a less than a half t-spoon of toothpaste add baking soda.
- Brush your teeth with this mixture and rinse off with warm water.
- You can also make a mixture of lemon juice, white vinegar, and baking soda.
- You can also try homemade mouthwash. In a cup of water mix a tablespoon of baking soda and hydrogen peroxide. Use this mouth freshener to rinse your mouth 3-4 times a day, especially before going to sleep.
- Alternatively, gently scrub your teeth with baking soda. However, do not use it regularly.
3.) Salt to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Salt is an effective remedy to get whiter teeth at home. It restores the lost mineral contents of the teeth that help to get back whiter teeth. Salt can be used in plenty of ways. You just have to choose one method which is convenient for you.
Ways to Apply Salt:
- Instead of toothpaste, use salt to brush the teeth.
- Another way of using salt is mix charcoal with regular salt and use it as a toothpaste.,
- Or, mix baking soda and common salt and rub it on the teeth.
- Be gentle with gum while using the salt as it can hurt the gums.
4.) Strawberries to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Strawberries are a good source of Vitamin C. It contain citric acid, which cleanses the teeth and gives you whiter teeth.
How to Use Strawberries?
- Gently rub the paste of strawberries on your teeth.
- Rub the paste 2 times in a week to remove the pale color of the teeth.
- Alternatively, mix baking soda with the pulp of the strawberries and apply this mixture uniformly on your teeth.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth. Then brush your teeth to avoid any type of residue.
5.) Lemon to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Lemon has bleaching properties which give you whiter teeth. The easiest way to get the original white color of the teeth is gargle with lemon juice and rub lemon peel on the teeth.
Other Ways to Use Lemon:
- Mix a pinch of common salt with a few drops of lemon juice.
- Spread this mixture on the teeth uniformly.
- And then rub it over the teeth and gums. Later, rinse your mouth with water.
- Follow this 2 times a day until you get white teeth back.
6.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Hydrogen peroxide also has bleaching properties that will help you get rid of yellowness or stains accumulated on the teeth.
How to Use Hydrogen Peroxide?
- Regularly gargle with mouth freshener containing hydrogen peroxide. However, do not swallow it might be harmful.
- Or, make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Brush your teeth gently with the mixture and rinse your mouth with water.
- After rinsing brush your teeth with your toothpaste.
7.) Apples to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, in fact, it gives you whiter teeth also. A crunchy apple will help you to get rid of the yellowness accumulated on the teeth. Moreover, the acid present in the fruit combats with the microorganism which leads to discoloration of teeth.
- Eat 1-2 apples regularly.
- Chew it completely so that the acid present in it can work effectively.
8.) Margosa to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Margosa twigs are used to brush the teeth from the ages. It works as the astringent and its antiseptic properties help you to get white teeth. In addition margosa, oil treats bad breath and dental cavities as well.
How to Use Margosa Twigs?
- Regularly use margosa twigs as a toothbrush to clean the teeth.
- Alternatively, you can chew margosa branches to get whiter teeth at home.
- Also, you can mix margosa oil with your toothpaste while brushing the teeth.
9.) Charcoal to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Yeah, you heard it right! Charcoal will also help you to get whiter teeth at home. The crystal based chemical present in the charcoal makes it an apt remedy for yellow teeth.
How to Apply Charcoal?
- Mix your toothpaste with some charcoal powder and gently brush the teeth.
- Follow this remedy daily until you get sparkling white teeth.
10.) Basil Leaves to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Another ideal home remedy for yellow teeth is basil leaves. The leaves have whitening properties and it protects your teeth from dental cavities.
How to Use Basil Leaves?
- Mix a powder of the dried basil leaves with your toothpaste and brush your teeth with it.
- Or, mix powder of dried basil leaves with mustard oil.
- Use the paste regularly to clean your teeth.
11.) Banana Peel to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Banana peel is also one of the wonderful household remedies for yellow teeth. It removes the plaque and gives you white teeth.
How to Apply Banana Peel?
- Rub the inner layer of the banana peel on the teeth for a few minutes. Leave it on for a few minutes.
- Then brush your teeth with your toothpaste.
- Do this regularly to get white teeth.
12.) Coconut Oil to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
Yes, coconut oil will also help you to get white teeth. It removes the plaque or yellow layer accumulated on the teeth and gives you the original color of your teeth. It also removes all the stains from the teeth as well. It treats your gum disease as well. All you have to do is swish around the virgin coconut oil and spit it. Do this regularly. to get white teeth.
Tips to Keep Teeth White:
- Keep your teeth clean
- Brush 2 times a day, especially before going to sleep.
- Avoid consumption of tobacco, cigarettes and alcohols.
- Clean your tongue daily.
- Gargle regularly.
- Avoid foods with sugar.