After writing, how to brush your teeth?, how to get rid of bad breath?, how to stop teeth grinding?, and home remedies for toothache, we are now writing how to get whiter teeth fast and naturally at home? A smile adds charm more than anything in your personality. A smiling person looks better than any other person. But, if you are not having white teeth, then don’t you become quite hesitant while smiling. Yellow teeth is a common condition among all age group. It is not as a result of bad hygiene only. There are other factors as well also, which contributes yellow teeth. The good news is that you can treat the condition without going for teeth whitening treatments. Below we have listed some amazing home remedies that will help you to get whiter teeth and you can have a hefty amount in the dental clinic. Read more, to know the ways to get whiter teeth at home.
Causes of Yellow Teeth:
- Drinks like coffee and red wine are considered to be the major cause of yellow teeth. Also, drinks containing artificial sugar like coke and other different drinks may also cause yellow teeth. You must also avoid drinking drinks that are high in acidic content to avoid getting yellow teeth.
- Colored candies may also cause staining in your teeth. Even healthy foods like raspberries and cranberries can cause yellow teeth. Poor dental hygiene is also a reason.
Ways to Get Whiter Teeth Fast and Naturally at Home
1.) Baking Soda Will Help For Sure
You may get whiter teeth fast by using baking soda. It is a great ingredient to get rid of yellow teeth. To use this remedy, you may mix a pinch of baking soda with your daily toothpaste quantity. Now, use this mixture for brushing your teeth and then wash your teeth using warm water. Use baking soda maximum 2 times in a week, if you use more it may develop sensitivity in teeth.
You can also combine baking soda with lemon juice, and hydrogen peroxide. Prepare a mouthwash by mixing one teaspoon of baking soda with half teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide and a cup of water. Rinse your mouth using this mouthwash 2 times in a day to get whiter teeth fast.
2.) Use The Lemon Bleaching Properties
The exfoliating and bleaching properties of lemon helps a lot in removing stain and dirt from your teeth. The easiest way to get the original white color of the teeth is gargle with lemon juice and rub lemon peel on the teeth.
Mix a pinch of common salt with a few drops of lemon juice. Spread this mixture on the teeth uniformly. Then rub it over the teeth and gums, gently massage the area with your fingers. Later, rinse your mouth with water. Follow this 2 times a day until you get white teeth back.
3.) Make The Strawberries Paste
Strawberries are a good source of vitamin C and helps in getting rid of yellow teeth. It contain citric acid, which cleanses the teeth and gives you whiter teeth. Just take a few strawberries and mash or grind them and prepare a paste. Now, apply this paste on your teeth and rub it. Gently rub the paste of strawberries on your teeth with help your fingers. After few minutes, wash your teeth using warm water. Apply this remedy twice in a day to get whiter teeth fast. Rub the paste 2 times in a week to remove the pale color of the teeth.
Alternatively, mix baking soda with the pulp of the strawberries and apply this mixture uniformly on your teeth. Leave it on for a few minutes and then rinse your mouth. Then brush your teeth to avoid any type of residue.
4.) Rub The Orange Peel
Orange peel will act as a cleansing agent or a scrub that will help a lot in reducing stain from your teeth. Regularly cleaning teeth with orange peel will reduce the yellowness of the teeth and give you whiter teeth. The citric acid present gives you white teeth. To use this remedy, take the fresh orange peel and rub on the teeth. The vitamin C and calcium present in the peel will kill the micro-organisms that lead to yellow teeth.
You can brush your teeth with powder of orange peel. Keep a handful of orange peels in the sunlight for a few hours. When they are dry enough, grind them to get thick powder. Either mix this powder in your toothpaste or use the powder only to clean the teeth. Do this regularly until you get whiter teeth.
5.) Use The Common Salt
Salt had been used from ages to treat various teeth and gum problems. It is one of the best dental cleaning agents. It restores the lost mineral contents of the teeth that help to get back whiter teeth. Salt can be used in plenty of ways. You just have to choose one method. which is convenient for you. Instead of toothpaste, use salt to brush the teeth on a regular basis to remove all the stains from your teeth. Another way of using salt is to mix it with charcoal and use it as a toothpaste. You can also mix baking soda and common salt and rub it on the teeth. Be gentle with gum while using the salt as it can hurt the gums
6.) Hydrogen Peroxide Gargle
Hydrogen peroxide also has bleaching properties that will help you get rid of yellowness or stains accumulated on the teeth. Regularly gargle with mouth wash containing hydrogen peroxide. However, do not swallow it might be harmful. You can make a paste of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Brush your teeth gently with the mixture and rinse your mouth with water. After rinsing brush your teeth with your regular toothpaste.
7.) Mix Holy Basil In Your Toothpaste
The holy basil leaves contain whitening properties and protect your teeth from various problems like pyorrhoea. To use this remedy, put few holy basil leaves under the sunlight for few hours. When these leaves get dry, just grind them and prepare a powder. Now, mix this powder with your toothpaste. You may even prepare a paste of holy basil leaves and mustard oil to clean your teeth.
8.) Replace Toothbrush With Margosa
Margosa twigs are used to brush the teeth from the ages and when toothbrush are not there. It works as the astringent and its antiseptic properties will help you to get white teeth. In addition margosa oil treats bad breath and dental cavities as well. Regularly use margosa twigs as a toothbrush to clean the teeth. Alternatively, you can chew margosa branches to get whiter teeth at home. Also, you can mix margosa oil with your toothpaste while brushing the teeth.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar Rinse
Apple cider vinegar is the remedy that has been used to get rid of a number of health related issues. It is also used for skin problems, hair related issues and weight loss. You can also use it to get whiter teeth fast. You just have to prepare a rinse with it. Take a glass of water and add a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to it. Use this water to rinse your mouth. You can also use it after brushing your teeth.
10.) Charcoal Will Help
Yeah, you heard it right! Charcoal will also help you to get whiter teeth at home. The crystal based chemical present in the charcoal makes it an effective remedy for yellow teeth. Mix your toothpaste with some charcoal powder and gently brush the teeth. Follow this remedy daily until you get sparkling white teeth.
11.) Start Eating Apple
An apple a day not only keeps the doctor away, in fact, it gives you whiter teeth also. A crunchy apple will help you to get rid of the yellowness accumulated on the teeth. An apple helps in providing an exfoliating effect to your teeth. Chewing apple is a great way to get whiter teeth fast. When you eat such crunchy vegetables and fruits, they provide the best impact on your teeth. Their fibers act on your teeth and helps in removing the stain from it. Moreover, the acid present in the fruit combats with the microorganism, which leads to discoloration of teeth. Eat 1-2 apples regularly. Chew it completely so that the acid present in it can work effectively.
12.) Make Use Of Banana Peel
Banana peel is also one of the wonderful household remedies for yellow teeth. It removes the plaque and gives you white teeth. Rub the inner layer of the banana peel on the teeth for a few minutes. Leave it on for a few minutes. Then brush your teeth with your toothpaste. Do this regularly to get white teeth.
13.) Coconut Oil Pulling
Yes, coconut oil will also help you to get white teeth. Ii removes the plaque or yellow layer accumulated on the teeth and gives you the original color of your teeth. Coconut oil also helps to remove all the stains from the teeth as well. It treats your gum disease as well. All you have to do is swish around the virgin coconut oil and spit it. Do this regularly to get whiter teeth.
14.) Regularly Brush And Floss
It is a very important step to get whiter teeth. Just start brushing and flossing your teeth twice in a day. Also, choose the right kind of brush that contain the soft and medium size of bristles so that it do not cause any damage to your tooth gums. Even brushing and flossing both are very important part of maintaining a healthy teeth health. So, always use floss for flossing your teeth as it helps a lot in removing the stain from your teeth.
15.) Use Teeth Whitening Strips
Using whitening strip is a great option to get whiter teeth fast. You may find these whitening strips at any drug store or inside a supermarket. Remember whatever strip you use must be approved by American Dental Association (ADA). Also, it must not contain chlorine dioxide as this ingredient is very harmful to your teeth enamel. Always keep in mind that these whitening strips must be made up of polyethylene. You will get two strips one is for your lower teeth while other is for the upper one. The average cost of these strips is $30.
16.) Babool Tree to Get Whiter Teeth
The tannin and astringent properties of babool tree makes it one of the most tooth friendly tree. It is an excellent choice to turn your colored teeth into white one. Okay, before you get confused let me tell you that you need to use a twig from the babool tree that is neither too soft nor too hard. Follow the directions given below to whiten teeth at home.
- Take a babool twig and wash it well in order to avoid infection.
- Next, place this babool twig at one side or corner in the mouth.
- Keep chewing the twig until it scatters and fiber in it starts coming out.
- Rub this on your teeth for the next 15 to 20 minutes.
- Throw this twig afterwards and rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Repeat this method per day to get whiter teeth at home.
17.) Aloe Vera, Vegetable Glycerin and Baking Soda to Whiten the Teeth
The combination of these three ingredients is excellent choice to clean the teeth and make them look whiter. Aloe Vera not only whitens teeth but the anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties in it also treats oral problems and gum diseases. It also reduces the risk of cavities and root canal. When all these three ingredients are mixed together, you get whiter teeth quickly. Follow the directions given below to get whiter teeth.
- Mix one tablespoon each of Aloe Vera gel or juice and vegetable glycerin.
- Add half tablespoon of baking soda in it and mix the ingredients well to make a consistent paste.
- Rub this mixture on your teeth and let it stay for the next few minutes.
- Swirl your mouth with clean water.
- Repeat this method every day to satisfactory results.
18.) Sugar Free Gums to Get Whiter Teeth
This is one of the best methods to get whiter teeth. The xylitol present in sugar free gums makes it an effective home remedy to get whiter teeth quickly. Sugar free gums are natural sweeteners that fight plaque and kill the bacteria present in the mouth. It maintains the pH levels in the mouth and increases the saliva production. Follow the directions given below to whiten your teeth naturally.
- Always keep two to three sugar free gums in your pocket.
- Chew this sugar free gum after having your daily meals.
- Repeat this remedy every day after having each meal.
19.) Lilac or Margosa to Get Whiter Teeth At Home
This is one of the most effective remedies to get whiter teeth at home. The antibacterial, astringent and antiseptic properties of lilac makes it an effective remedy for dental problems like bad breath and make teeth healthy and white. Follow the directions given below to whiten your teeth.
- Mix half teaspoon of margosa oil in enough amount of toothpaste.
- Brush your teeth with this toothpaste.
- Swish your mouth with this water afterwards.
- Repeat this method 2 times daily to get naturally white teeth.
- Take a lilac twig and place it on one side of the mouth.
- Chew this lilac twig few times until it scatters and the fibers in it come true.
- Now, brush your teeth with this fiber for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Throw this twig afterwards and don’t use it next time.
- Repeat this treatment once every day to whiten teeth naturally.
20.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
This is one of the excellent remedies to get whiter teeth at home. The anti-fungal and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil keeps the gums healthy and keep the dental problems at a bay. The bad bacteria in mouth encourage tooth decay and discoloration. Tea tree oil also helps to get rid of plaque and tartar that is responsible for causing yellow teeth. It also stops the growth of germs in the mouth. Follow the directions given below to whiten teeth naturally.
- Mix two tablespoons of coconut oil with three teaspoons of tea tree oil.
- Put this oil mixture in your mouth.
- Swish it inside your mouth for a couple of minutes.
- Make sure this oil reaches every corner of the mouth.
- After 10 minutes, rinse your mouth with clean water.
- Avoid eating anything for the next one hour.
- Repeat this remedy on a regular basis for about 2 weeks to get whiter teeth.
21.) Sesame Oil to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally
This is one of the best techniques used to whiten your teeth naturally. Sesame oil removes the plaque and debris that is responsible for causing discoloration. The antiseptic properties of sesame oil soothes down the cuts in the mouth. Swirling with sesame oil for a few minutes can give you effective results. Follow the directions given below to get whiter teeth at home.
- You need some cold sesame oil.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this cold sesame oil and put it in your mind.
- Swirl this oil in your mouth for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Spit it out after a few minutes and rinse your mouth with lukewarm water.
- Do not eat anything for another 1 hour.
- Use this oil pulling technique two times in a week to avoid dental problems.
22.) Herbs to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
There are a variety of herbs that help to get whiter teeth at home. Licorice and sage are two excellent herbs to help to get rid of yellow teeth. Licorice root is very commonly used in Africa to get clean and bright teeth. All you need to do is chew licorice root 2 to 3 times in a day to get rid of yellow stains.
Sage is another excellent herbal remedy to whiten teeth naturally. The anti-fungal and antibiotic properties of sage help in cleaning and whitening the teeth. Either you can use sage toothpaste or you can mix sage leaves in one tablespoon of baking soda. Rub this mixture on your teeth to remove the yellow stains and get pearly white teeth.
23.) Celery to Get Whiter Teeth
This is one of the most effective remedies to get whiter teeth. Celery prevents gum disease and problems like gingivitis. All you need to do is chew celery to promote the production of saliva. This, in turn, destroys the bacteria present in the mouth. It removes the stains and helps to get rid of discoloration.
24.) Clove Oil to Get Whiter Teeth at Home
This is one of the best oils to get whiter teeth at home. It has been used for dental purposes since ages. It not only whitens teeth but also reduces toothache. All you need to do is rub clove oil on your teeth for a few minutes. Brush your teeth afterwards to get rid of yellow teeth.
25.) Walnut to Whiten Teeth Naturally
This is one of the best remedies to whiten teeth naturally. Walnuts stop the bacterial growth and eliminate yellow stains. All you need to do is take 2 to 3 walnuts and crush them to make a paste. Rub this paste on your teeth for a few minutes and then brush your teeth normally.
Do’s and Don’ts
- Brush your teeth atleast twice a day.
- While brushing use warm water.
- After having any acidic food, rinse your mouth properly.
- Consume more citrus fruits in your diet.
- Avoid black tea, red wine and stop smoking.
- Consume a diet that is rich in calcium and vitamin D.
- Include foods rich in fiber in your daily diet.
- Do not scratch your teeth with your nails.
- Don’t consume excess sugary products.
Interesting Facts You Know While Cleaning Your Teeth:
- Always Try to Angle Brush Towards Your Gum: Going back and forth is not going to clean your teeth properly. Hence, it is really important to angle your brush towards your gum as the plaque lives underneath the gum. Also, do flossing to clean your dirty teeth completely.
- Flossing Helps in Keeping Your Teeth White: Though, people avoid flossing their teeth after brushing due to lack of time or may be due to the lack of interest. But, it is the best way to get whiter teeth. So, try flossing as it helps in keeping your teeth white.
- Never Brush Immediately After Consuming a Sugary Food: Always brush your teeth 30 minutes after consuming a sugary product. If you will brush your teeth immediately after having it, then it will drive the substance into your enamel.
- Electronic Brushes Clean Your Teeth Better than Manual Ones: Electronic brushes work much better than manual ones. So, buy it if you haven’t bought it yet. It can polish your teeth better than manual ones. So, give it a try and start brushing your teeth with an electronic brush.
So, apply these natural treatments and remedies to get whiter teeth fast. You may also smile completely and gracefully now without any hesitation.