This article is about home remedies to relieve constipation. Constipation is a common digestive problem among children and adults. The root cause of constipation is bad eating habits. So to prevent this condition, eat correct and in case you too are suffering with constipation then follow following remedies to relieve constipation.
Symptoms of Constipation:
- Problem during bowel movement
- Small or hard stools
- Pain or swelling in abdomen
- Lose of appetite
Causes of Constipation:
- Unhealthy eating habits
- Certain medicines
- Excessive use of laxatives
- Lack of water intake
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Lake of fiber intake
- Changes in regular diet
- Overeating of dairy products
- Bad digestion
Natural Remedies to Relieve Constipation:
- Natural Remedies to Relieve Constipation:
- 1.) Olive Oil to Relieve Constipation
- 2.) Lemon to Relieve Constipation
- 3.) Castor Oil to Relieve Constipation
- 4.) Flaxseed to Relieve Constipation
- 5.) Figs to Relieve Constipation
- 6.) Honey to Relieve Constipation
- 7.) Molasses to Relieve Constipation
- 8.) Spinach to Relieve Constipation
- 9.) Grapes to Relieve Constipation
- 10.) Mint Tea to Relieve Constipation
- 11.) Coffee to Relieve Constipation
- 12.) Prunes to Relieve Constipation
- 13.) Raisins to Relieve Constipation
- 14.) Exercise to Relieve Constipation
- 15.) Correct Diet to Relieve Constipation
1.) Olive Oil to Relieve Constipation
Olive oil has a good fat thus it comes handy for treating constipation. It promotes the digestion process. And, when it is mixed with lemon it works like a wonder. All you have to do is:
- Consume a tablespoon of pure olive oil early in the morning with empty stomach.
- Alternatively, add a teaspoon of lemon juice into the 1 tablespoon of olive oil. lemon is also one of the home remedies for constipation.
- Make sure that you consume this solution regularly. Consume it until you get satisfactory results.
2.) Lemon to Relieve Constipation
Another home remedy that can help you in treating constipation is a lemon. You can also have the only lemon to relieve constipation. Lemon juice promotes digestion. It helps to digest the food, bad digestion is one of the main causes of constipation. It is one of the effective remedies for constipation. All you have to do is:
- In a glass of warm water, mix juice of half lemon and half spoon of table salt or a dash of rock salt and half teaspoon of honey to it.
- Drink this solution early in the morning with empty stomach.
- For effective results consume this in an evening as well.
- Consume this regularly until the symptoms of constipation subside.
3.) Castor Oil to Relieve Constipation
You can also use castor oil to get rid of constipation. It is a stimulant laxative. It improves the digestion and bowel movement. It works very fast. Within a few hours, you will notice a difference in your bowel movement. It is very easy to use. All you need to do is:
- Consume a tablespoon of castor oil early in the morning with empty stomach.
- If you do not find it tasty then you can drink it along the fruit juice.
- However, don’t consume it for a long period, it might cause other problem.
4.) Flaxseed to Relieve Constipation
Flaxseed is believed as an ideal remedy for constipation. It contains tons of medicinal properties. Moreover, it is a good source of omega-3 fatty acids and fiber. Also, it is a stimulant laxative. Because of all these advantages, it is one of the best remedies for constipation. All you need to do is:
- In a glass of water, mix a tablespoon of flaxseeds. Leave it for a few hours.
- Consume this solution on a regular basis to relieve constipation.
- Alternatively, consume 2-3 tablespoons of powdered flaxseeds along with water.
5.) Figs to Relieve Constipation
Figs are a good source of fiber. Moreover, they are natural laxative as well. People suffering from chronic constipation must eat figs regularly. You can consume dried or fresh figs to treat constipation. If you are consuming dried figs then do not discard its upper layer, eat it as well. It contains calcium and fiber, which will improve your digestion. To relieve constipation with figs you need to do is:
- In a bowl of water soak a few dried figs and 2-3 almonds.
- Leave it for a few hours.
- After a few hours peel the upper layer of almonds and grind both of them to get a nice paste.
- Consume it with a little honey before going to sleep.
6.) Honey to Relieve Constipation
Honey is also a good natural remedy for constipation. It is a mild laxative. Consume this regularly to get rid of constipation. To relieve constipation with honey all you need to do is:
- Consume 2 tsp of honey 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, in a glass of water mix a tablespoon of lemon juice and honey. Consume this solution every morning with empty stomach.
- Do this regularly to get rid of constipation and other digestive problems.
7.) Molasses to Relieve Constipation
Molasses can also help you to treat constipation. It is considered as a natural laxative. It promotes the movement of the bowel. To cure constipation with molasses you have to do following things:
- Consume a tablespoon of molasses every night before going to sleep.
- If you do not like its taste then you can mix a tablespoon of molasses in a glass of juice or milk. If the problem does not subside then you can increase the intake of the molasses up to 2tbsp.
8.) Spinach to Relieve Constipation
Another home remedy that can help you to get rid of constipation is spinach. Often people do not find it tasty but it is one of the best food that should be included in your diet. It promotes the digestion process. All you have to do is:
- Eat cooked or raw spinach.
- Drink spinach juice 2 times a day regularly until you get relief.
- Make sure that you consume spinach regularly.
9.) Grapes to Relieve Constipation
Yes, grapes can also help you to get rid of constipation. It has an insoluble fiber that speeds up the bowl movement. It accelerates the digestion process. To treat constipation with grapes you have to do is:
- Have a bowl full of grapes daily. Or drink a glass of grape juice.
- Alternatively, boil a glass of milk and add a few dry seedless grapes to it. Let it brew for some time. Cool, this at room temperature. Drink this solution at night before going to sleep.
10.) Mint Tea to Relieve Constipation
Mint is an effective remedy for constipation. It is an ideal home remedy for digestive problems. It has menthol that provides antispasmodic effects and calms the muscles. All you need to do is:
- Boil a glass of water. Let it boil until it is reduced to half glass of water. Then add a few leaves of mint to it.
- Let it brew. Strain it and drink the mint tea when it is till warm. You can also add half teaspoon of honey to it.
11.) Coffee to Relieve Constipation
Coffee stimulates the colon and promotes the bowl movement. Therefore, it is one of the best home remedies for constipation.
- All you have to do is drink a cup of coffee.
- P.S- Don’t drink coffee very often.
12.) Prunes to Relieve Constipation
Prunes are enriched with fiber, therefore, it is one of the best remedies for constipation. It promotes the digestion process. Moreover, it has a compound that improves the intestinal contraction. All you have to do is:
- Consume 2-3 prunes regularly.
- Alternatively, drink a glass of prune juice to cure constipation.
13.) Raisins to Relieve Constipation
Raisins are also a good source of fiber. It has citric acid, which provides laxative effects to the body. To treat constipation with raisins all you have to do is:
- Eat 4-5 raisins in a day.
- Alternatively, you can add crushed raisins to a glass of warm milk and drink this regularly before going to sleep.
14.) Exercise to Relieve Constipation
Regular exercise will help you to prevent constipation and other digestive problems. It promotes the digestion and improves the bowel movement. Even a regular walk will help you to treat constipation.
15.) Correct Diet to Relieve Constipation
Apart from above remedies, make sure that you include a good amount of fiber in your diet. Since lack of fiber is a main cause of constipation. So eat foods that are good source of fiber. Include foods such as carrots, potatoes, brown rice, peace, broccoli and other food enriched with fiber. In addition, drink 8-10 glasses of water every day.