In this article we will discuss different ways to improve eyesight at home. Eyes, one of the most important part of the human body, make us able to see, distinguish between people, place and things. Without eyes, the world is nothing but a black hole where you can’t see and distinguish anything. Imagine yourself without eyes, just close them and try to walk 10 steps ahead. You will notice how difficult it is to do so without eyesight. Have you ever noticed when you meet an accident, the first thing you do is close your eyes unwillingly. Because, your brain tries to protect them every time it feels any threat to the body. Eyes are very sensitive part of the body. They need proper care to maintain a proper eyesight. Once you get weak eyesight, it’s not easy to get it back the way it used to be. Very few people are born with defective eyesight. This is because of the casual lifestyle, people suffer from poor eyesight. According to a study, more than 60% of Americans suffer from different eye problems and uses spectacles and contact lenses to correct their vision. So, it is better to improve your eyesight timely in order to avoid spectacles or lenses. Below we have made a list of ways to improve your eyesight, but let us know about the types, causes and symptoms associated with poor eyesight.
Type of Eyesight Defects:
Myopia is also known as nearsightedness. It is an eyesight defect where a person can clearly see objects nearer to him than those which are far from him/her. In simple terms, myopia is a condition in which a person is not able to distinguish objects far from him/her. Such person have a blurred vision of those objects.
Hypermetropia is a vice versa of Myopia. A person suffering from hypermetropia is not able to see nearby objects clearly, but can see far-away objects properly.
Presbyopia is a form of hypermetropia only. This problem affects people due to age. As they grow old the muscles in the eyes weakens and causes defects in their nearsightedness abilities.
- Watery eyes
- Dry eyes
- Inflammation in the eyes.
- Itching In eyes
- Pain in shoulder, neck and back.
- Tiredness in eyes
- Dark circles around the eyes.
Home Remedies to Improve Your Eyesight
- Home Remedies to Improve Your Eyesight
- 1.) Relaxation Exercise to Improve Your Eyesight Without Glasses
- 2.) Protective Sunglasses to Improve Your Eyesight
- 3.) Eat Healthy Foods to Improve Your Eyesight
- 4.) Splash Water in the Eyes to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
- 5.) Near and Far Focus to Improve Your Eyesight Fast
- 6.) Morning Splash to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally and Fast
- 7.) Zoom in Zoom out Technique to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
- 8.) Yoga Exercise to Improve Your Eyesight
- 9.) Blink Eyes to Improve Your Eyesight
- 10.) Water Bucket to Improve Your Eyesight
1.) Relaxation Exercise to Improve Your Eyesight Without Glasses
You must relax your eyes regularly in order to improve your eyesight naturally. For this, you need to follow the below mentioned exercise.
- Sit in a relax position. You can sit on a chair, on the ground too or whichever position you feel comfortable in.
- Take a deep breath and close your eyes.
- Rub your palms together for a while to generate some heat.
- Now, gently place your palms over your eyes and hold it for a while.
- Do it 5 to 10 times.
- The warmth of your palm will help in relaxing your eyes.
- Repeat this process in every 3 to 4 hours daily.
2.) Protective Sunglasses to Improve Your Eyesight
Large amount of exposure to sunlight can also lead to vision loss. This is because too much sun exposure affects retinal part of the eye. Sunlight contains harmful UV rays (Ultraviolet Rays) which can affect your vision seriously, and can even cause cataracts.
- Always try to avoid direct exposure to sunlight as much as you can.
- Also wear UVA and UVB protection sunglasses.
- This way it will prevent from further ruining the condition and also help to improve eyesight.
3.) Eat Healthy Foods to Improve Your Eyesight
Along with proper care of your eyes externally, you need to focus on your eye health internally as well. Meet your daily nutrient requirement in order to improve your eyesight fast and naturally.
- You may include banana, nuts, citrus fruits like oranges, sweet lime, lemon, papaya.
- Vitamin and omega-3 fatty acids rich diet also helps to improve eyesight. Include foods which contain a rich amount of Vitamin A, Vitamin C, fish etc.
4.) Splash Water in the Eyes to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
Nowadays, many people spend their time on computers, mobiles, TV and other gadgets. Peeping for too long into these gadgets strain the eyes a lot and causes defective visual. This is becoming a serious factor for poor eyesight.
- You must refrain yourself from spending a lot of time on these gadgets and should let your eyes rest.
- If it’s unavoidable to do so, you can take a 5 to 10 minute interval in between and splash some cold water into your eyes gently. It helps relax your eyes nerves and keep them clean all the time.
- Repeat this process daily as much as you can to improve your eyesight.
5.) Near and Far Focus to Improve Your Eyesight Fast
This is one of the easiest and very effective exercises to be included as an exercise to improve the health of your eyes. You can do it anywhere, anytime, for any period. To do this, follow below mentioned steps.
- Just sit on a chair or ground wherever you feel comfortable.
- Take 2-3 deep breaths and relax, now stretch out your arm and make a thumb up sign in front of your face leveling your eyes.
- Now, focus on your thumb and take a deep breath, then with the next breath, focus on an object 20-30 feet far from you.
- With each breath you take, switch between focusing your thumb and the object 20-30 feet in front of you.
- This will surely help to improve your eyesight fast.
6.) Morning Splash to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally and Fast
Splashing water in the eyes is also an effective way to improve eyesight. This helps to strengthen the muscles of your eyes and promote blood circulation. Doing it in morning is considered ideal. Here are the steps to do it.
- Start your morning with splashing water on your eyes.
- When you wake up in the morning, take some lukewarm water, fill some water in your mouth and splash the rest of it on your eyes.
- Spit out the water and repeat this again for 4-5 times.
- You can do it in the evening also, after your office or school.
7.) Zoom in Zoom out Technique to Improve Your Eyesight Naturally
Another exercise which is helpful to improve your eye health is zooming technique. To perform this exercise you just need a pen. Here is the method to do it.
- Sit in a relax position, hold a pen in your hand vertically and stretch your arms out straight in front of your face leveling your eyes.
- Now focus on the tip of pen, bring it close to your eyes until it is 4 inches in front of your face.
- Now again, keeping focus on the tip, move the pencil away from your face fully stretching your arm.
- It makes eye muscles strong and recovers focusing skills.
- Repeat the process 10-15 minutes at regular intervals every day to improve eyesight.
8.) Yoga Exercise to Improve Your Eyesight
Yoga to improve eyesight is another fast and effective way. If done regularly and properly, you can get rid of poor eyesight fast. here are the steps you need to follow.
- Just sit in a padmasana position (lotus position) with back, neck and head aligning straight.
- Breathe and relax while looking in front at eye level.
- Now move your eyes slowly in the upward direction and hold for 3 seconds.
- Now, move your eyes slowly to downward direction and hold for 3 seconds.
- Close the eyes for 2 seconds, now look left as far as you can for 3 seconds and then left for 3 seconds.
- Look in the front again and close your eyes for 8-10 seconds.
- Repeat this again for 3-4 times and slowly increase, as you get used to it.
Blinking seems to be a normal action and you may overlook this method to improve eyesight. But have you ever noticed how many times you blink when you are glued to your computer screens, smart phone, laptops, tabs? Follow the below listed steps.
- Simply for the next 3 minutes, blink every 30 seconds.
- Make a note of it how your eyes feel dry, strained, relaxed.
- Now for the next 2 minutes try to blink every 4-5 seconds and feel the difference.
- When you blink your eyes the tears spreads across and cleanses the cornea.
- It reduces stress and relaxes them.
- It keeps them fresh and makes you able to focus longer without straining them much.
10.) Water Bucket to Improve Your Eyesight
This process helps to reduce stress and strain in your eyes. It relaxes them and helps to improve eyesight fast and naturally.
- Fill a bucket with water and dip your face into it with eyes closed.
- Open your eyes inside water and slowly move your eyeballs. Roll them everywhere you can.
- Move your face out of it and repeat this process 4-5 times.
- You may feel the difference in how your eyes feel.