Nowadays everybody is busy with their work. Office pressure disturbs you mentally and unhealthy diet makes you lethargic, slow and fat. This slow process can make you prone to various health problems. It is necessary to keep a check on your health. To stay all day active and energetic, you need to eat healthy that will increase your metabolism. By taking healthy food, you will get perfect metabolism. If your metabolism is slow, then you might have to face lots of problems. So you need to speed up your metabolism to get a healthy body. But, how to increase metabolism? Here, you can find some quick and easy tips to increase metabolism.
The conversion of food into energy in your body is known as “Metabolism”. It is a biochemical process where nutrients play vital role in the functioning of your body. These nutrients when combined with oxygen, releases the energy. Breathing, adjusting hormone levels, circulating blood, growing and repairing cells is the basic functions of your body. The number of calories which your body need to carry these functions is known as the basal metabolic rate.
Types of Metabolism:
- Anabolism- Building up all compounds or molecules needed by the cells.
- Catabolism- Breaking down large molecules into small molecules.
Symptoms of Metabolic Disorder:
- Changes in vision
- Weakness in the muscles
- Low blood sugar
- Difficulty with thinking, memory, talking, reading and writing.
- Weakening and thinning of the bones.
- Enlarge liver, heart and kidney.
Causes of Metabolic Disorder:
- The metabolic disorder develops when your normal metabolic process is not healthy or maintained.
- The chronic disease like diabetes affects your body’s ability to use sugar for energy.
- Consumption of Alcohol
- Respiratory failure, pneumonia or collapsed lung.
- Bacterial blood infection
- Ingestion of toxins or poison, including alkali, bicarbonate, excessive aspirin or methanol.
Remedies to Increase Metabolism:
1.) Add Some Spice to Your Meal to Increase Metabolism
- Adding some spice to your diet is one of the best ways to speed up metabolism.
- Instead of using salt shaker use chilly powder or hot sauce to your food.
- The chemical compound in chilly pepper has a thermogenic effect.
- This helps the body to burn up 90 calories following a meal to boost up your metabolism.
2.) Aerobic Exercise to Increase Metabolism Naturally
Aerobic exercise is the best way to burn calories.
- You should give 15 minutes to aerobic exercise such as cycling, walking and swimming in a day.
- By doing 30 minutes of exercise five days a week, you can improve metabolism. To make it easier, you can do the exercise in small intervals 5, 10 or 15 minutes session.
- You need to change your diet to lose more weight and exercise should be more than 150 minutes in a week. It will help to boost your metabolism.
3.) Keep Yourself Hydrated to Increase Metabolism Fast
- Drinking water is one of the best ways to maintain your metabolism.
- You should drink 8 to 10 glasses of water in a day to keep yourself hydrated.
4.) Eat Fish to Speed Up Metabolism
- Eating fish is one of the best foods to increase metabolism.
- To control your appetite, you need to eat tuna and salmon fish. These fish contain oil which increases leptin in your body.
- Leptin helps in regulating the metabolism speed. So, include fish in your daily diet.
5.) Ginger to Rev Up Metabolism Naturally & Fast
- Ginger is helpful to speed up your digestion system by twenty percent.
- So you can add ginger to your juice or with veggies also.
- Alternatively, you can mix 1 tsp of ginger juice with half tsp of honey and take it 2-3 times a day.
6.) Drink Green Tea to Increase Metabolism Fast & Naturally
- Green tea is one of the beneficial natural remedies to rev up your metabolism.
- Green Tea is helpful to rev up your metabolic rate.
- Green tea contains antioxidant properties which help to detoxify your liver.
- So you should drink about 4 to 5 cups of green tea in a day to see better results.
7.) Vitamin B to Speed up Metabolism Fast
- Vitamin plays an important role to increase your metabolism.
- To maintain a healthy metabolism, take protein as much as you can in your diet.
- Because protein contains vitamin B which is essential for high metabolic rate.
- You can add small amounts of nuts, lean chicken, fish and beef in your diet. Legumes are also a great source of vitamin B.
8.) Increase Vitamin C in Your Diet to Increase Metabolism
- Calcium and vitamin C both are partners to increase your metabolic rate.
- Calcium is helpful to increase your metabolism while the vitamin C helps the body to absorb mineral. So both creates an overall win-win situation.
- Include Vitamin C such as broccoli, kiwifruit, tomatoes, bell peppers, peas, papayas, berries and citrus fruits in your diet.
9.) Drink Kombucha Tea to Increase Metabolism
- This tea is made up by Kombucha black mushroom which is essential for various health ailments.
- It is helpful in easing arthritis and also helps to detoxify the liver.
- The detoxifying nature of this tea is helpful to maintain a healthy metabolism.
- Prepare this herbal tea by adding tea bags or leaves to a cup of boiling water. Then drink this tea to maintain your metabolism.
10.) Workout in the Cold to Increase Metabolism Naturally
- Doing cardio exercise in the cold may increase the capacity of brown fat in the body to work at maximum level.
- As you may know, brown fat helps efficiently in burning the white fat in your body, which is known as unhealthy fat.
- So, doing a workout in the cold helps to boost up your metabolism fast and naturally.
11.) Sun Bath to Increase Metabolism Fast & Naturally
- Taking a sun bath is the best way to maintain your metabolism.
- When a person spends lots of time in dull and darkened environment, it stimulates the physiological functions in the body which resulting in weight gain and slows down the metabolism.
- So, take a brisk walk outside in daylight hours like 11 am to 3 pm to rev up your heart rate, which will help to maintain and improve your metabolism.
12.) Eat Constantly to Boost up Your Metabolism
- If you are not feeding your body frequently, then it will slow down its basic functions.
- So choose snacks like fiber crackers, low-fat cheese, veggies, fruits etc. thus, healthy and proper diet helps to increase your metabolism.
13.) Avoid alcohol to Increase Metabolism
- The day after drinking is very crucial for your metabolic rate.
- Alcohol decrease your metabolism and after that, the hangover will do a double disaster. As a result, don’t drink alcohol.
14.) Distress Yourself for Healthy Metabolism
- Stress rev up the amount of cortisol in your body.
- Cortisol is a hormone that helps the body to hold fat in a stressful situation.
- Hence, yoga and meditation are the best way to distress yourself. It will also clear your mind which makes you healthy.
15.) Switch off Your Phone to Boost Your Metabolism
- Exposure to blue light emitted by your computers, smart phones, and tablets before and after dinner increases your hunger.
- That will impact on your glucose metabolism.
- So try to minimize the usage of such devices in order to increase metabolism.
Some Other Useful Tips:
- Don’t skip your breakfast.
- Get proper sleep as lack of sleep will reduce your metabolism.
- Drink a cup of coffee regularly as coffee helps to boost your metabolism.
- Don’t take stress as stress may hamper your metabolism.
- Don’t take over the counter supplements to maintain your metabolism.
- Don’t starve yourself as it will decrease your metabolism.
- Avoid intake of calories and make a diet plan accordingly
- Eat a diet which is rich in Vitamin B, C, protein, calcium, fiber, and iron.