In this article, we will discuss different ways to increase hemoglobin level. Do you experience weakness, difficulty in breathing, headache, dizziness and several other health problems in your day to day life? And, wondering what could be the reason? Well, your hemoglobin condition can be responsible for it. Although these symptoms can be for many other conditions too. But, if your low level of hemoglobin is reason behind it, this article can be a good help to increase your hemoglobin level safely and effectively. Before dicussing remedies to treat this condition, let us know a little bit about the hemoglobin.
There are three types of cells present in our blood. These are RBCs (Red Blood Cells), WBCs (White Blood Cells) and platelets. Our red blood cells contain an iron-rich protein, which is known as hemoglobin. Hemoglobin’s function is to carry oxygen from the lungs through the bloodstreams to all the body cells. It also carries back carbon dioxide from these cells into the lungs. So, after knowing the vitality of hemoglobin in our body system, it becomes mandatory to maintain the appropriate levels of hemoglobin. For leading a healthy life, the normal levels of hemoglobin are listed below.
- For adult men, hemoglobin level should be 13.5-17.5 grams per deciliter.
- For adult women, hemoglobin level should be 12.0-15.5 grams per deciliter.
Beyond this level, (whether its below or above the normal level) it can have adverse effect on your health. It can also be a symptom of an underlying health problem. Below we have also mentioned some of the causes and symptoms of hemoglobin.
Causes Of Low Hemoglobin:
- Deficiency of iron in the body.
- Deficiency of vitamin in the body.
- Any kidney disease
- Fewer RBCs (red blood cells).
- Loss of RBCs more than its production.
- Blood loss due to an injury.
- Heavy menstrual bleeding during periods.
- Frequent Blood donation
Symptoms of Low Hemoglobin:
- Pale skin
- Shortness of breath
- Heart problems
- Pain in chest
- Restless leg syndrome
Home Remedies to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level:
1.) Apples to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level Naturally
Apples are a rich source of iron and various other essential nutrients. Including an apple to your diet help to sustain healthy hemoglobin level. It is said “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. So, eat at least 1 apple every day to keep hemoglobin problems at bay. Here are the ways to consume apple.
- You can include apple in your fruit salad.
- Also, you can go for apple juice as well.
- Just mix 1/2 glass of apple juice and 1/2 glass of beetroot juice together.
- Add 1/2 lemon juice also and drink it.
- Green apple is preferable.
- Drink apple juice 2 times a day for positive results.
2.) Vitamin C to Raise Your Hemoglobin Level Fast
Deficiency of Vitamin C is one of the causes of low hemoglobin level. Including Vitamin C rich food in your diet will help increase hemoglobin level. As our body cannot store excess of Vitamin C, it becomes necessary to take Vitamin C food at regular intervals.
- Vitamin C rich foods include Oranges, sweet lime, oranges, lemon, tomatoes, broccoli, spinach, grapefruit, strawberries, etc.
- Consuming these food have other added benefits too.
- You can also go for Vitamin C supplements to meet your daily requirement of Vitamin C.
3.) Iron to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level Quickly and Naturally
Lack of iron is one the most common cause of low hemoglobin level. Iron is very essential for the production of hemoglobin in the body. Lack of iron is also responsible for causing anemia. So, it is very necessary to maintain the right level of iron in the body.
- Almonds, lentils, spinach, dates, cereals, oysters are some of the examples of food rich in iron.
- An iron supplement is another way to meet the daily requirement of iron in your body.
- Consult your doctor before taking such supplements.
4.) Pomegranate to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level in Blood
Pomegranate is one of the best home remedies for low hemoglobin level treatment. Pomegranate is a rich source of iron, proteins, fibers, calcium, and carbohydrates. All these nutrient are very helpful and effective, not only for increasing the hemoglobin level, but also for other health benefits. Pomegranate helps to recover a low hemoglobin level much faster.
- Eat half pomegranate every day.
- You can also drink 1 glass of pomegranate juice twice a day.
- Alternatively, you can take 1 tsp of dried pomegranate seeds with a glass of warm milk 2 times a day regularly.
- Regular consumption of pomegranate help get rid of low hemoglobin fast.
5.) Vitamin B9 to Raise Your Hemoglobin Level
Vitamin B9 is another name of folic acid. It is one of the B vitamin which helps to produce energy. Folic acid helps in production of RNA and DNA. It also helps in making red blood cells and regulating the iron activities in the body.
- Foods such as rice, sprouts, broccoli, bananas, dried beans, peanuts are rich in folic acid.
- You can also take folate supplements to meet your daily need of folic acid.
- Regular consumption of Vitamin B9 food will help get rid of low hemoglobin level fast.
6.) Apricots to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level
Apricot is an excellent source of many beneficial nutrients. These nutrients are quite useful for treating low hemoglobin condition. Eat 100 gram of apricots every day. It can meet 50% of your daily requirements of iron. Benefits of apricots for low level of hemoglobin are listed below.
- Apricots are an excellent source of iron.
- It contains excellent antioxidant properties.
- Apricots are rich in fibers as well. Fiber helps to regulate blood sugar level in the body.
- It has copper too, which helps to absorb iron fast.
- Consuming Dried apricots before meals helps in digestion.
- It is one of the best home remedies to increase your hemoglobin level.
7.) Nettle to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level Naturally and Fast
Nettle is another one of the most effective home remedies to increase hemoglobin level in your body. Nettle contains substance like iron, Vitamin C and other essential Vitamins. These are very useful for maintaining the right amount of hemoglobin level in your body.
- You can prepare nettle tea using nettle leaves.
- Mix 1 tsp of fresh nettle leaves into 1 glass of boiled water.
- Let it steep for a few minutes.
- Add honey for an added benefits and rich taste.
- Drinking 3 to 4 cups of nettle helps to increase hemoglobin much faster.
8.) Beetroots to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level
Beetroot helps to promote and maintain the production of hemoglobin in the body. It contains high amount of iron, folic acid, potassium and fiber. These nutrients together helps effectively to increase red blood cells count in the body.
- Roast 2-3 beetroots and eat them after peeling.
- You can also prepare a delicious, healthy drink.
- Mix 1/2 glass of each carrot juice and beetroot juice.
- Add 2 tbsp of tomato juice to it.
- Drink it 2 times a day to raise your hemoglobin level fast.
9.) Tomatoes to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level Fast and Naturally
An adult’s daily requirement of iron is 18mg. 100 grams of tomatoes contain 9 mg of iron. This indicates that tomatoes alone offer you 50% of your iron requirement for the day. Sun dried tomatoes are more effective than the normal one.
- You can add tomatoes to your cooking.
- You can include it in your salad as well.
- Other than that, you can drink 1 glass of tomato juice as well.
- Add 1 tsp of lemon juice to it) every day to increase your hemoglobin level.
10.) Watermelon to Increase Your Hemoglobin Level Fast and Naturally
Watermelon is another one of the excellent home remedies to increase hemoglobin level. It helps in hemoglobin production effectively. Watermelon is 90 % water. It is also a rich source of iron. Iron is essential to increase hemoglobin production in the body. Vitamin C in Watermelon helps to absorb iron faster and effectively.
- Eat 2 to 3 servings of watermelon regularly.
- You can include it in your fruit salad also.
- Other than that you can drink watermelon juice.
- You can even prepare delicious smoothies with it.