Whether you want to concentrate on your work or enjoy the party with your friends, you can only do this if your cells get enough oxygen to function properly. When your cells do not get enough oxygen they are unable to function due to which your heart rate increases, you feel dizzy and loose your breath. Hypoxemia is one word to define the low levels of oxygen. The effects of low blood oxygen depend on the mildness or severity of hypoxemia. If it’s not severe then you can a goodbye to this problem forever. A diet change can help you to get enough oxygen in your blood. In this article, we will discuss different oxygen rich foods. Before you read about the food items, it is necessary to know the main causes and symptoms of hypoxemia.
Causes of Low Levels of Oxygen or Hypoxemia
Symptoms of Hypoxemia
Other than a blood transfusion, regular exercise, oxygen therapy, and several foods can help enhance levels of oxygen in your blood naturally. In this article, we will suggest you a list of oxygen rich foods. However, you must consult a doctor to get rid of your condition as it is mainly for the informational purpose. Keep reading this writing to know the list of oxygen rich foods in more detail.
In order to get more oxygen in your blood, make sure that around 80% of your meals consist of alkaline foods. This is because alkaline foods help promote the oxygen levels in your blood. Some of the benefits of alkaline foods are listed below.
Benefits Of An Alkaline-Rich Diet
- Alkaline rich foods promote oxygen levels in the bloodstream.
- It helps prevent the formation of lactic acid, which can be harmful to your health.
- An alkaline rich diet stimulates many functions and processes in your body.
- It also helps restore and renew the process of your body.
- This diet helps in maintaining body’s pH levels.
- It helps organs in your body to function properly.
- An alkaline rich diet enhances the efficiency of your body’s ability to absorb different minerals and vitamins.
List of Oxygen Rich Foods
1.) Lemons as an Oxygen-Rich Food
- Lemon is one of the top oxygen rich foods.
- Although lemon is acidic in nature, but it turns alkaline inside the body.
- Lemon has fine electrolytic properties which make it one of the best alkalizing food.
- It helps quickly in relieving from cold, cough, flu, hyperacidity, heartburn and other body ailments associated with viruses.
- Plus, lemon is an excellent tonic for the liver as it helps in energizing and cleansing this vital organ.
2.) Seaweed, Asparagus, Watercress as Oxygen Rich Foods
- Seaweed, Asparagus, and Watercress are some of the fine oxygen rich foods.
- These foods have a pH value of 8.5 which is great.
- This group of food helps reverse poison levels in a body.
- For example, watercress has plenty of Calcium and Iron and asparagus has a high amount of asparagines, which is an amino acid, profitable for the body.
3.) Watermelon as Oxygen Rich Food
- Watermelon is a great alkaline food with a pH value of 9.
- Because of a high fiber and H2O content, watermelon works as an amiable diuretic.
- It is also a rich source of beta-carotene, lycopene, and Vitamin C.
- This amazing fruit is the best appetite and life-supporting dishes.
4.) Avocados, Rip Bananas, Celery, Berries, Carrots, Garlic Currants, and Dates as oxygen rich foods.
- These foods are known to have excellent antioxidant content, and they are very beneficial for health.
- The pH value of this food is 8.
- Berries, dates, and garlic have qualities which help in maintaining blood pressure.
5.) Apricots, Alfalfa Sprouts, and Apricots as Oxygen Rich Foods
- This set of foods is rich in fiber content.
- They have a pH value of 8 and are very easy to digest as well.
- They also contain loads of friendly enzymes, which helps maintain hormonal balance.
- You should include these foods to boost your blood oxygen levels.
6.) Passion Fruit, Sweet Grapes And Pears, Raisins, Pineapple and Vegetable Juices as Oxygen Rich Foods
- This group of foods includes one of the most amazing oxygen rich foods.
- These foods have a pH value of 8.5.
- These are high in Vitamins A, B and C and antioxidants as well.
- The foods of this group maintain the blood, which in turn helps reduce blood pressure and lower the chances of heart disease.
- Vegetable juices are very important for cellular detoxification as they are high in iron content.
7.) Melons, Mango, Limes, Papaya and Parsley as Oxygen Rich Foods
- The foods in this set have a pH value of 8.5 which is excellent.
- These foods work best as kidney cleansers.
- Papaya helps in colon cleansing and maintains bowel movement.
- When parsley is eaten raw, it helps significantly in getting rid of harmful toxins from the intestines and works as a fine diuretic, cleaning the kidneys.
- Melons, mangoes, and limes are high in Vitamins and also form alkaline at the time of digestion.
8.) Capsicum (Cayenne), Cantaloupe as Oxygen Rich foods
- These foods come into the group with a pH value of 8.5.
- Theses foods are loaded with enzymes, which are very necessary for the endocrine system.
- Capsicum has a high amount of Vitamin A present in it. Such quality of capsicum is essential in fighting free radicals which are responsible for stress and illness. It also has fine antibacterial properties.
- Cantaloupes are a rich source of fiber and are low in sugar.
9.) Organic Gelatin as Oxygen Rich Food
- This food is also considered among the most excellent oxygen rich foods.
- It is one natural substitute for gelatin that is made solely from seaweeds.
- This organic gelatin contains a high amount of Iron and Calcium.
- It has an amazing amount of dietary fiber.
- It is also easy for your body to digest.
- It’s surely worth including in your diet if you want to enhance blood oxygen levels.
10.) Chicory, Kiwis and Fruit Juices as Oxygen Rich Foods
- The bunch of these foods scores a pH value of 8.5.
- These foods are rich in flavonoids, which is one chemical compound found in natural foods with the antioxidants.
- They contain natural sugar, which doesn’t create acidic compounds when food is digested.
- Therefore, they have qualities which boost alkaline-formation and provide more energy to your body.
- These some of the top oxygen rich foods listed above should be made an integral part of your regular diet.
- They will surely help in enhancing the levels of oxygen in your bloodstream.
- These foods will help keep your body free of disease and encourage the processes and functions of the different body systems.
- Alkaline, or oxygen-providing foods, are necessary to health and prevent low levels of oxygen or hypoxemia.
- Other than consuming loads of dark and leafy green vegetables and fruits, you shouldn’t forget to drink plenty of water (about 8 to 10 glass).
- Apart from drinking plenty of water, exercise regularly to provide your body with the oxygen it needs to keep a healthy system.
- With more oxygen reaching into your body, you will feel healthier and more energized than you have been ever.
- These foods will also help protect you against the various diseases which usually come with a modern lifestyle.
Other Tips to Increase Oxygen Levels:
- Make sure that you plant a lot of trees in and around your house. Plants decrease the carbon dioxide and increase the levels of oxygen.
- It is necessary to make an exercise routine. One hour of exercise will improve your respiration ability.
- Meditation is an effective way to increase the oxygen levels in the blood. It reduces the stress and anxiety.
- You may not know this but your oxygen level is highly affected with your body posture. When you walk in a slouched posture it obstructs your breathing process due to which your body gets less oxygen. Therefore, kepp your back erect while standing, sitting or walking. A good posture will help you to inhale more oxygen.
- Smoking and consuming drugs and alcohol can decrease the level of oxygen in your blood. It is necessary to dicard such bad habits that can spoil your overall health and life.
- You can follow some deep breathing techniques to restore the oxygen levels in the body. Try some deep and slow breathing methods to increase oxygen levels in the blood stream.
- It is necessary to stay hydrated if you want to maintain the oxygen levels in the blood. Water has many magical properties and it is good for your overall health. Fresh fruit juices can also help you to stay hydrated. The antioxidants, vitamins and minerals in fruit juices will help you a lot to increase the oxygen levels.