After writing how to lose weight in your face?, how to get rid of double chin?, how to lose thigh fat?, and how to lose face fat? we are writing the ways to lose arm fat or lose underarm fat. Excess fat is a problem for everyone. Whether it is belly fat or arm fat, fat is fat and it affects your appearance. A little underarm fat can stop you from wearing certain dresses. If you have underarm fat then you don’t feel comfortable and confident when you wear a sleeveless dress or a tank top. The excess arm fat is also known as armpit fat, armpit lump, and armpit bulge. Armpit fat or underarm fat can be due to a genetic trait, overweight, lack of muscle tone and hormonal imbalance and changes. Getting rid of arm fat does not demand any gym equipment. But the best way to burn excess fat under your arms or elsewhere is cardio exercises, calorie control, and resistance exercise. This article will help you to get rid of arm fat naturally and fast.
Methods to Lose Arm Fat or Underarm Fat:
Losing underarm fat is not as difficult as you think. You need to follow some exercises and diet control to get rid of underarm fat.
1.) Perform The Cardio Exercises
Go for cardiovascular exercises to lose arm fat. They are important for burning calories, losing weight and maintaining overall health. You can also do moderate exercises such as cycling, swimming, dancing, and brisk walking. Moderate exercises mean that you are breathing a bit harder, lightly sweating and can talk while exercising. You can also do running/jogging, jumping jacks, squats, jump rope or kickboxing.
2.) On-Arm Triceps Dips
On-arm triceps dips use your body weight and alternate arms to get best results.
- Sit on the floor and put your feet 1 foot away from your bottom. Keep your feet flat on the floor and bend your knees. Now place your hands flat on the ground about 1 foot behind you with your fingers pointing to the bottom.
- Straight your arms and now lift your bottom off the ground. Now bend one elbow to lower your bottom completely to the floor. Straight that arm and repeat with the other arm. Perform 4 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions on each arm.
3.) Perform Some Chair Dips
Chair dips is a very effective fat reducing exercise that tones your underarms. It also works at the back muscles.
- For this type of workout choose a chair or bed which should be little higher to the ground. A soft cushion sofa is not recommended as it will make the toning workout harder to perform.
- Turn your face away from the furniture and put your hands on the chair. Move 3 to 4 steps away from the chair. Keep the upper body straight. Bend your knees to match the chair. Bend your elbows and move your body towards the ground. Come back to your normal position. You should do 3 sets of 20 repetitions each day. This is one of the best exercises to lose arm fat fast.
4.) Lying Chest Fly Exercise
Lying chest fly is another best exercise to lose arm fat.
- Lie on your back with knees and hips at 90-degree angles. By using your lower abs, press your lower back towards the mat.Now raise your arms towards the ceiling so that the palms face each other and keep the elbow joint slightly bent.
- Now keep your torso stable and open your arms outwards until your elbows are about 2 inches from the floor. Again raise your arms towards the ceiling and bring the weights together over your chest. It is count as one rep.
5.) Do Some Shoulder Press
- Stand straight and bend your knees slightly. Hold the pair of dumbbells in your hands and take your hands above your shoulders. By holding the dumbbells stretch your arms straight overhead.
- Hold weights there for just a second. Now put your hands down and bring back to the original position. Take 3 to 4 seconds to bring the hands down. Repeat this for 8 to 10 times to lose arm fat fast.
6.) Perform Some Push Up
Doing push-ups 3 times a day for a week is the best way to reduce underarm fat. Do it once in the morning, afternoon and evening. Start it on your knees and hands. Place your hands under your shoulders and knees should be at hip height. Bend your elbows, lower your upper body part towards the ground. Then push upward to complete 1 push-up.
7.) Do The Scissors Exercise
This simple exercise will help to lose fat from arms naturally, you just have to stretch the arms to the side and bring them back to front in a way right-hand overlap the left hand. This exercise is similar to that of actual scissors. Stretch the arms to the side again and bring them back to front. Next time your left arm should overlap the right arm. Do three sets of 10 reps daily.
8.) Do The Arm Circles
The arm circle is an another wonderful exercise to lose underarm fat. It includes most exercise regimes in order to shape and tone the flabby arms. This exercise can be done with or without weights. It is basically a low impact exercise that can be done while following a meal plan. Hold 500 ml water bottles in both hands each while doing the arm circles.
- Stand with your feet and place the shoulder width apart. Extend arms straight to your sides, raising to the shoulder height.
- Now, do 40 small circles with your hands by rotating in the forward direction. Then switch to 40 small backward circles.
- This arm movement tones all the muscles of the arms including the biceps, triceps, and shoulders.
9.) Reduce Consumption of Calories
From each food group, eat low calories foods. Foods include low-fat dairy, whole grains, lean protein, vegetables, and fruits. These foods contain adequate nutrients and also help to control calories. Reducing calories intake will reduce overall weight including underarms fat without any gym equipment. Avoid fast food, soda, chips, frozen meals, candy, cake and processed snacks. These foods are too high in calories which are not good for your health.
You should reduce the intake of amount of calories to reduce fat from the arms. Reduce the calorie intake to 500 from the amount of calories that you are usually consumed throughout the day. You can take help from the mobile application to check the calories of all food products that you have taken throughout the day. This will give you a brief idea about your calorie intake, when you have already gone overboard or not. Take in food products that are rich in fiber to make you feel full throughout the day. By reducing the amount of calorie intake, you will lose arm fat fast and naturally.
10.) Take Smaller Meals
It is also beneficial to have frequent smaller meals instead of taking a few large meals every day. It helps the digestion process and enables the body to repair after workouts while keeping your blood sugar level at the required value. Taking smaller meals, eliminate the chance of overeating and indigestion and also help in reduce fat from body.
11.) Have Proper Diet
You should not ignore the importance of proper diet while working to reduce fat from arms. Adjustments in calories intake is not the only solution, but a diet rich in protein and consist slow burning carbohydrate and healthy fat should be consumed. Limit the consumption of refined sugar and flour, consume whole grains to lose arm fat.
12.) Have Healthy Breakfast
A healthy breakfast is one of the best ways to lose underarm fat naturally. Balanced and healthy breakfast is essential in order to lose more fat from not only arms but other parts of the body as well. You should eat a substantial breakfast that will keep you full rest of the day.
13.) Do Some Weight Lifting
Select any item from your home to use it as a weight. If you do not have any heavy thing then simply use two liters of cold drink or water bottle. If you have got a pair of dumbbells then it will also work fine. Our target is to get something, which weighs around one kilogram. You should exercise from light weight item to heavyweight, but make sure you do not use any valuable or breakable thing. Weight lifting is best to lose arm fat. Stand straight holding the pair of weights in your hands. Keep your body straight and lower it to the ground by bending the arms at the elbows. After that, raise your body off the ground by extending the arms.
14.) Perform Yoga to Lose Arm Fat
Everyone knows the benefits of yoga for health, there is no doubt that yoga is a pioneer in the treatment of problem-related to mind i.e. Anxiety, mental disorder, hypertension etc. Yoga is also beneficial to strengthen the muscles and builds long streamlined arms instead of fatty bulky muscles. Do yoga 2 days in a week, this is enough. Discipline and dedication are the keys to performing yoga activities. The only exercise will not solve your problems, but a right diet is necessary too. Practice yoga at your home considering the comfort, keep on increasing the time of yoga activity starting from 15 minutes to an hour.
15.) Drink Plenty Of Water
If you want to lose underarms then you need to drink more water. Water helps to flush out tons of toxins and you will lose more pounds. But make sure use only clean and filtered water for fastest results. If you are well hydrated then this will also help you to get rid of fat from the arms. Drink lots of water and keep on drinking throughout the day to maintain a good water level in the body. You should avoid taking caffeinated or alcoholic drinks as they cause dehydration in the body. Fluid intake differs for the different person the easy way is to drink 8-10 glass of water daily to keep hydrated. Avoid drinking water while you are eating, this will dilute the nutrients present in the food.
16.) Green Tea to Reduce Fat From Arms
There is no doubt in the fact that green tea is great for body proper function. It not only boost the immune system but also reduces the chance of panic attack. A cup of green tea every morning jump start our metabolism and can be helpful to reduce fat from arms. Everyone prefers drinking coffee or tea instead taking green tea. Replace your morning beverage to green tea. The process of making green tea is quite simple, soak a green tea bag in a cup of hot water for 5 minutes.
17.) Perform Some New Activities
Try to do a new activity to burn fat fast and naturally.
- Hiking is the best way to burn calories. If you don’t have any hiking trails nearby you then you can go to a local park to move your body.
- Dancing is also a great way to burn fat. You can perform many different forms of dance such as hip-hop, freestyle, ballroom, salsa, bachata and ballet.
18.) Limit Intake of Saturated Fats and Sugars
Foods that are high in sugar content can also have a fat content which can make your losing weight more difficult. High sugar foods include cakes, pastries, candies and cakes. Foods that are high in saturated fats include dairy products, sweets, friend foods, cooking oils and margarine/ butter.
19.) Eat to Lose Fat
If you want to lose arm fat, then you need to use more calories than you consume. You can use more calories by diet and exercise. You can lose 0.5 to 2.0 pounds per week and which requires 500-1000 decrease in overall calories each day. Your diet won’t target a specific part of the body for weight loss; it will reduce overall body fat which also includes fat between the underarms.
You need to create a mindset to encourage the weight loss. Losing weight means committing to a plan and following through with it. The best way to restrict your calories is to calculate your calories intake per day, which is based on your age, your weight and according to your fitness level. Just eat enough calories to do exercise. You need to adjust your calories intake to avoid the overeating and eating empty calories that only add fat in your arms and body.
20.) Create Your Food Diary
Many people do exercise but they won’t get the desirable result because they are unaware of how many calories consume each day. This leads to frustration and inability to lose weight. If you use food diary, that will increase your success to lose weight. Write down the every meal, drinks you are taking and approximately quantities for entire week. Writing down will actually help you to remain mindful what we put into our bodies and acts a motivator to stay healthy.
If you are having smartphone then you can download a food diary application. Many free app exist that count your total nutrition which includes protein, vitamins, protein and fiber in your food. It’s a best way to make sure that you are taking proper diet and maintaining proper nutrition.
21.) Eat When You Are Hungry
Eating in response to emotional problem can end up having big consequence on your health, which results in gaining weight. It’s easy to become emotional eater, but its start retains your body not to turn to food when you get these feelings. Listen to your emotional cues but handle it separately outside of the food.
Start to listen your body cues when you feel hungry. When you get certain indication from your body hear it out. What amount of food will satisfy the hunger? What kind of food does your body want? You can thirty also. If you have craving, then figure out, there must be healthy alternative that satisfied your cravings.
22.) Eat These Foods to Control your Diet
Eating balanced diet will not only gives you low calories nutrition but also suppress your appetite so that you won’t over eat and spoil your plans to lose weight. There are many foods that will keep you full for hours. Try to add these foods in your diet: Grapefruit, Oatmeal, Eggs, Ginger, Potatoes, leafy greens, Spicy foods, and Dark chocolate.
You can go with varied diet which includes more fruits and vegetables. You can add variety of grains and protein to maintain a healthy weight. You need to be creative in adding fruits and vegetables in your diet. You can make your diet delicious and interesting. Just make a fruit smoothie in the morning or pack of sandwiches high with veggies. Treat your with fruits in desserts. You can eat variety of grains such rice, quinoa and oats. You can mix up protein by adding tofu and beans.
23.) Go for Healthy Nutrition
While preparing your meal, get the most bang your buck. If you for food with low nutrition then consider replace it with higher nutrient alternatives. You can do some research online to find the replacement. You can find it with simple search. You can go for some alternative like instead of making spaghetti; you can prepare spaghetti squash which have similar taste and have consistency to spaghetti.
If you have cravings of ice-creams you can make banana ice creams. You can blend a frozen banana in a food processor or blender until it gets creamy. You will be shocked, how much frozen banana resemble like ice cream.
24.) Wear Properly Fitting Clothes
Cloths with tight fighting draw attention to the area where you don’t want it. These situations mostly happen when you wear too tight cloth or your body has fat that comes out when you wear cloth. Just make sure, they fit around the arms and armpit area. If you are self-conscious, then do not wear clothes that are stretchy or elastic material near the armpits area.
Think before buying cloths. You need a good fitting of clothes to look more attractive and beautiful. You can buy dresses that cut near or around the armpits. If it is too tight then it may pull skin around your armpits and making the skin bulge.
25.) Go For Properly Fitting Bras
If you are not wearing properly fitting bra then it can cause bunching of the skin near or around the armpit. A properly fitting bra means that you are giving proper support and comfort to your body. The bra is foundation of your wardrobe and if it’s not fit then the cloth the placed on the wardrobe won’t get fit well.
Just go to a specialty of bra and request for a bra fitting. You just have to pay attention, how bra fits in the underarm regions. And how the underarms appear when the cloths are worn. Size may be different from stores to stores. So make sure to try a bra before buying it as some stores not allow returns.
26.) Maintain Good Posture
Maintaining good posture not only makes you taller but also more slender. It is best for the bones or muscles. Slouching and bunching really affects your body appearance and make your skin bunch near the underarms. Keep your neck and shoulder upright, you need to take care not to hunch over when sitting, standing or walking. It is easy to hunch your shoulder while working on desk or computer. Do occasionally body check while working or sitting to maintain good posture.
27.) Go For Sauna
If you want to reduce your arm fat or underarms fat then you need to reduce your overall weight. You can get rid of arms fat with a sauna. As sauna may result in a loss of pint in sweat in just an quarter of an hour. It is like the most quick fix treatment that is very helpful in reducing fat as it can cause various kind of excretion. As it will reduce the water weight and make you slim down for day or so. But it is not a permanent weight loss method. Make sure you should drink a glass of water after spending time in a sauna to reduce the risk of dehydration.
28.) Mineral Wrap
Go for mineral wrap which are very effective in weight loss. As some of the mineral wraps claim to have you slim down by literary making you lose inches of your arms, thighs and waist. The process involves mineral based cleanse that is supposed to detoxify your body. This process helps you to shed weight, reduce cellulite and toned your skin instantly. You will definitely get the amazing results if you have done in a right way.
29.) Go For Other Kinds of Wraps
While mineral body wrap is very common and there are other kind of wrap that claim to shed inches from your waistline. Again, this is also not a permanent option for weight loss but yes, it can surely help you slim down for that special day.
- Go for Lipase Body Wrap: You can go for lipase body wrap which is another quick slim beauty treatment that has to follow two-steps phase. In this procedure, the enzyme wrapped is applied to get rid of body fat tissue near the surface of the skin. Then again second mineral is applied to tighten and smooth your skin.
- Try European Body Wrap: European body wrap is another potential way for spa services aimed at dropping inches off of fatty spot. This procedure is done to firm and tone skin. It also reduces the cellulite and stretch mark on the body. It temporary gives you weight loss.
- Hot Body Wrap: Heat based body wrap is one of the well-known spa treatment, designed to detoxifying body and makes your skin toned and smooth. The heat and massage involved in the most of the treatment which aim is to improve the circulation and helping your body to slim down.
- Go for Liposuction: Liposuction is one of the options for fast and targeted weight loss. It is generally recommended to those people who have one or two specific areas where most of the fat gets accumulated otherwise relatively healthy body weight. As it is a surgical treatment so the process is having risk of health and should only performed by a licensed professional.
Additional Useful Tips to Lose Arm Fat:
- Maintaining a good posture is good for your bones and muscles. An ill-fitting bra can affect your underarm fat. A properly fitting bra helps to provide proper support and comfort to your body.
- Always wear properly fitting clothes as tight clothes can enhance your armpit fat. Your clothes should not be tight around the armpit.
- A healthy diet and low calories diet can help to reduce underarm fat. Burn more calories in a day by doing cardiovascular exercises. Do exercises for at least 150 minutes in a week to reach the goal.
- Walk whenever possible to burn underarm fat. Do crunches or jumping jacks while watching TV. You can also do jogging, walking, kickboxing, brisk walking, climbing stairs, swimming laps, high impact dance etc. Avoid sugary and sweet foods.