In this article, we will discuss how to lose neck fat. Fat always bothers us and if it gets accumulated in our neck, we then call it neck fat. It has got one another name ‘Turkey Neck‘. Neck fat will cause you to develop a double chin if left unnoticed. Some or the other way it tells you that you are becoming obese. You can’t deny the fact that neck fat plays havoc with your looks. Apart from this, neck fat poses some health risks too like it can cause sleep apnea and in some cases, it is closely related to heart problems.
Neck fat lies just beneath to your neck skin. Losing fat from a specific area is a tedious thing to do. We usually focus on losing fat from the areas like our belly, thighs and butt but forget our neck. By exercising the neck area and intake of proper balanced diet could prove fruitful in losing neck fat effectively.
Causes of Neck Fat:
Obesity is one of the most important factors in fat accumulation around the neck area. Due to genetic factors and an inherited tendency towards fat storage, some people tend to get fatter than their counterparts. Overeating and bad food habits also cause obesity and unwanted weight gain. Lack of physical activity is another important factor.
2.) Health Conditions
Cushing’s Syndrome, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and Hypothyroidism are some health conditions that can cause fat storage and respective gain in weight. As a result, your neck becomes fatty.
Ways to Lose Neck Fat:
Here you can find some effective ways to lose neck fat efficiently. Altogether favorable results are attainable only if you are taking care of proper diet, exercise and skin care all at the same time.
1.) Exercises to Lose Neck Fat
There are certain exercises which are specifically designed for toning your neck. It is a time taking process and you have to be enough patient until you get the required result. Keep yourself motivated and don’t stop till the goal is clinched. Exercises that target neck and chin area should be taken into consideration.
- Neck Rotation: Rotate your neck from left to right and vice versa. Keep repeating it 10-12 times with a medium pace. This simple exercise is helpful in toning and strengthening neck muscles.
- Neck Rolling: Roll your neck from left shoulder to right shoulder. For this, you need to stand keeping your back straight. Turn your head sideways just to make your chin parallel to the shoulder. Then slowly roll your head downwards and lift it up to the other side. Repeat 10 times.
- Chin Ups: Do Chin ups to strengthen neck and face muscles. For this, stand still. Lift your chin facing towards the ceiling. Keep looking at the ceiling for 10 seconds. You can pucker your lips upwards while doing this. Repeat 10 times.
- Head Tilting: Tilt your head sideways and front to back. For this, stand or sit straight. Tilt your head to the left side, not touching to the shoulder. Be in this position for 5 seconds then tilt to your right side in the similar fashion. Similarly, tilt your head to the front without touching your chest for some seconds and then to the back. Repeat 10 times.
- Jaw and Mouth Stretching: Stand with your spine erect. Pull your lips upwards just to tighten the tendons of your jaw while keeping corners of the mouth downwards. It is just like frowning. Hold on to this position for around 8-10 seconds and then relax. Repeat 10 times.
- Tennis Ball Compression: Take a tennis ball. Hold it between your neck and chin. Slightly apply pressure on it with your chin and then release. Repeat it 10 times.
- Chew Gum: Put a chewing gum in your mouth and start chewing it. No additional effort required. One of the simplest and effective exercises for strengthening jaw and neck muscle. But keep in mind the sugar content in the gum. It should be low or gum should be sugar-free so that you can avoid extra calories.
- With all of the above-mentioned exercises, you can take up other exercises like running, swimming, jogging, biking, etc. This will help in cutting down whole body fat and, in turn, your neck fat would get reduced further.
2.) Dietary Changes to Lose Neck Fat
- You need to make changes to your diet to cut down the extra calorie intake. With commitment and patience, it is achievable. It will reduce your body weight including the fat around your neck.
- Avoid taking high-calorie food and drinks such as desserts, soda, cookies, cakes, sweetened juices, burgers, fries, etc. Salty food should strictly be avoided as more salt content in the body can make you look bloated.
- Add lots of fruits and vegetables to your diet. Fruits and vegetables have very low calories in them and these are loaded with vitamins, fiber and minerals.
- Along with fruits and vegetables, you can have whole grain food such as oatmeal, barley or quinoa, flax seeds, etc. It will help in cutting down overall calorie intake and makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time. At the same time, your body will get enough time to absorb nutrients.
- You can increase protein intake too. Foods such as eggs, legumes, tofu, soya beans, seafood, fish, poultry, etc. are rich in protein content.
3.) Posture Improvement to Lose Neck Fat
To flaunt a toned and sleek neck, you need to take care of your body posture. Try to maintain a straight and firm posture. It can smoothen out the bulges and rolls of the neck area. Holding your head high and keeping your back in a straight position will improvise your fatty neck condition. Moreover, slouching and overbending of the neck for longer duration should be avoided. It can cause wear and tear in neck muscles and make them weak which could increase the fat accumulation in that area.
4.) Drink Ample Amount of Water to Lose Neck Fat
Water is the essence of life. We all are much aware of this fact. To shed that extra fat from your body you need to stay hydrated as much as possible. Water is a zero calorie drink and will help in flushing out the toxic elements from your body. Above all, it provides you the feeling of fullness so that you would not get cravings for food. Drink atleast 8-10 glasses of water a day. Hydrated skin tends to maintain its firmness for the longer period.
5.) Using Creams to Lose Neck Fat
You can use a variety of retinoid-based skin creams to lose neck fat. These creams smooth the wrinkles by enabling collagen formation in that area. You can feel the difference after regular use of the product. It clears out that ugly lines made by those rolls over your neck.