Do your nails look dull and unhealthy and you want to make your nails stronger? Do they break very often? Not worry every women experience the same. This is a common problem among women. For every beautiful woman who dresses perfect for having best makeup to jewelry or footwear. Having neat and shiny nails is as important as other things for them.
Nails are laminated layers of a protein known as keratin. Healthy nails are same in color, smooth without pits and grooves. Healthy nails should be uniform in consistency, discoloration and free of spots. Weak nails are fragile in nature, they tend to break easily and break slowly. Weak nails tend to look yellow and discoloration. All these happen cause of improper care and negligence. When they are weak they become brittle and dry out quickly. The main reasons of weak nails are long-term exposure to chemicals and water, such as nail polish, detergents etc. Read these related articles How to get rid of yellow nails? and Home remedies to get shiny nails naturally on our website.
Causes of Weak Nails:
- You’re low on iron.
- You text and type nonstop.
- You only apply hand lotion in the morning.
- You leave polish on for way too long.
- You prep with a base coat.
- You can’t leave your cuticles alone.
- You’re supplement reluctant.
- You’re not picky enough about polish remover.
Remedies to Make Your Nails Stronger:
- Remedies to Make Your Nails Stronger:
- 1.) Use Olive Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 2.) Use Tea Tree Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 3.) Use Green Tea to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 3.) Use Petroleum Jelly to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 4.) Use Flaxseeds to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 6.) Vitamin E Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 7.) Use Beer to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 8.) Increase Biotin Intake to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 9.) Use Coconut Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
- 10.) Use Lemon to Make Your Nails Stronger
- Some Useful Tips:
1.) Use Olive Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
Olive oil is one of the best remedies to make your nails stronger. It nourishes and moisturizes the nails. It also helps soften the nails and helps repair damage. Which results in stronger and healthier nails. Daily massage your nails with some warm olive oil. Keep it for 10-15 mins then rinse it off with water. Do this process for 2-3 times daily for better results.
2.) Use Tea Tree Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
Tea tree oil is another beneficial remedy to help grow stronger nails. It consists of antiseptic properties which make them prevent from fungal infections. It also aids get rid of yellow nails and discolored. Take few drops tea tree oil in warm water. Soak your nails in this solution for 3-5 mins. For a few weeks to get stronger and healthier nails.
3.) Use Green Tea to Make Your Nails Stronger
Green tea is also a good remedy to make your nails grow stronger. Green tea is rich in antioxidant properties which help prevent fragile and brittle nails. Moreover, green tea also reduces yellow discoloring. Boil a cup of tea and let it cool down. Soak your nails in this solution for 10-15 mins. Do this process 2-3 times a week.
3.) Use Petroleum Jelly to Make Your Nails Stronger
Petroleum jelly is one of the traditional remedies for nails. It can do wonders at times. Simply just massage your nails with petroleum jelly before you go to sleep and after every bath. It helps prevent nails from becoming brittle and helps regain the moisture of your nails. Moreover, making them strong and look naturally bright.
4.) Use Flaxseeds to Make Your Nails Stronger
Flax seeds also make your nails stronger. It contains micronutrients like vitamin B, zinc, potassium, lecithin, protein which are beneficial for healthy and strong nails. Take some flax seeds and rub them on your nails before you go to sleep. Or else you can add some amount of flax seeds to your diet.
6.) Vitamin E Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
Vitamin E oil is an essential remedy to grow nails stronger. It moisturizes your nails and keep them healthy and hydrated. Take vitamin E capsule. Break them to extract the oil. Apply this oil on your nails and gently massage for 5-7 mins. Do this process for about 2-3 weeks before going to sleep.
7.) Use Beer to Make Your Nails Stronger
Beer is rich in silicon. Which helps treat weak and brittle nails. It contains potassium, biotin, and selenium to help your nails grow stronger and healthier. Take some amount of warm olive oil and mix a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and beer. Mix it well. Soak your nails in this solution for 15 mins. Repeat this process for a few days to make your nails stronger.
8.) Increase Biotin Intake to Make Your Nails Stronger
Increase your biotin intake for beautiful and strong nails. It contains water soluble vitamin B which helps build nails hardness and thickness while reducing the probability of splitting. Lack of biotin intake leads to brittle nails and excessive dryness. Consume foods rich in biotins like egg yolks, soybeans, sweet potatoes, lentils, almonds, and corn.
9.) Use Coconut Oil to Make Your Nails Stronger
Coconut oil is rich in nutrients and other essential fats. It offers several benefits to our skin, nails and hair. It helps prevent from fungal infections as well as make your nails stronger and shinier. Massage your nails with coconut oil before going to bed. Do this process for a few days to make your nails stronger.
10.) Use Lemon to Make Your Nails Stronger
Lemon consists of vitamin C. Which is essential for nail growth. Lemon makes nails stronger and helps treat yellow and brittle nails. Take a teaspoon of lemon juice and olive oil. Slightly warm the solution. Soak your nails in this solution for 10 mins. Repeat this remedy before going to bed for a few days to make your nails stronger.
Some Useful Tips:
- Treat your nails with care as if wet nail polish is applied to them.
- While polishing your nails, try to apply minimum layers.
- Never use your nails to peel or scratch anything off, because it will lead to weaker nails.
- Use cuticle cream to push back the cuticle to make your nails look longer.
- Cut your nails properly.
- If you have a habit of biting nails, then must check the length of your nails.
- If you have a habit of biting nails, distract yourself from doing so.
- You can stop biting by painting your nails with Cutex.
- Chewing bubble gum, it will help you get distracted.
- Get proper intake of protein.
- Garlic is also effective to grow nails stronger.
- Washing dishes can lead to brittle nails.
- Trim your nails regularly.
- Moisturize your nails regularly.
- Avoid biting your nails.
- Avoid using the chemical.
- Get a good nail remover.