In this article we will discuss how to overcome Anxiety. Anxiety, tension and stress are almost unavoidable because of the busy and competitive lives that we are living at present. Moreover, many people are naturally more prone to nervousness and anxiety as compared to others.
Causes of Anxiety
There are many factors responsible for anxiety. Some of the factors which are responsible for this problems are:
- Lack of sleep or disturbed sleep.
- Deficiency of some nutrition in the body.
- Thyroid disorders
- Adrenal disorders
- Certain medications
Symptoms of Anxiety
Some of the common symptoms responsible for anxiety are:
- Shortness of breath
- Upset stomach
- Dry mouth
- Heart palpitations
- Difficulty falling or staying asleep
Those who experience chronic or chronic anxiety and stress might be headed for severe problems. Anxiety and stress are the two most common factors responsible for a number of health problems. So, it is quite important to regulate the condition, and most of the people find home remedies for anxiety safe, inexpensive and very effective.
Natural Remedies to Overcome Anxiety Fast:
1.) Lemon Balm to Overcome Anxiety Fast
Lemon balm is associated with the mint family. Lemon balm acts as a mild relaxant and nerve tonic. Thus, it has been in use for centuries to get rid of anxiety, improve sleep and promote appetite. When combined with valerian, lavender, green tea, catnip or other herbs, it can be more effective.
- Take 1 tsp of dried lemon balm and mix it in hot water for about 10-15 minutes.
- Ensure that the teapot is covered properly so that the aromatic oils remain intact.
- Drink 1 cup of this tea daily before going to sleep for a few weeks.
- Remember, not to take it for more than 2 weeks at a time.
- On the other hand, you can take this herb in supplement form as well.
- Normally, it is advised to take 400 mg capsules 2 times daily.
- But, consult your doctor for the proper dosage before taking it.
- Avoid using this herb in excess as it can make you more anxious.
2.) Fennel to Get Over Anxiety Naturally
Fennel is a wonderful herb as it calms the nerves and helps ease anxiety quite effectively. Fennel is known to have volatile oils which have an anxiety-relieving effect. Plus, it minimizes gastrointestinal symptoms which usually accompany anxiety.
- Simply, pour a small amount of fennel essential oil on a tissue paper.
- Inhale the smell at regular interval, for about 1 hour.
- Repeat this process every few hours or better result.
- Alternatively, you can drink fennel tea as well.
- Drink it on a regular basis before or after meals.
- Fennel juice is another way to enjoy the benefits of fennel.
3.) Oranges to Overcome Anxiety Fast and Naturally
Oranges have an uplifting smell which is quite beneficial to deal with anxiety problem. Orange peels are useful in calming the nerves. Plus, citrus fragrances are known to help combat depression and enhance immunity.
- Peeling an orange and smelling its aroma will help enhance your mood.
- Keep several orange peels in a pan of water and let it simmer.
- Later, inhale the refreshing smell of it to lower your anxiety.
- Repeat the process if needed.
- Alternatively, drinking a cup of fresh orange juice mixed with 1 tsp of honey and a pinch of nutmeg powder is also quite beneficial.
- Drink it everyday for a couple of days or weeks.
4.) Relaxing Hot Bath to Get Rid of Anxiety Naturally
Hot water baths are proven to be beneficial for anxiety related issues. A hot water bath has relaxing properties which provides quick relief from stress and anxiety.
- Take 1/3 cup each of ginger and baking soda in a bathtub filled with comfortable hot water.
- Soak yourself in it for about 10-15 minutes.
- Relax and enjoy it every other day.
- Apart from above, take 5 to 10 drops of an aromatherapy essential oil such as lavender, chamomile, geranium or bergamot.
- Mix it along with an ounce of carrier oil like jojoba oil.
- Add the mixture to your bath water.
- Soak yourself in it for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat either of these remedies a few times in a week.
5.) Almonds for Anxiety Treatment
Almonds are full of essential nutrients, particularly omega-3 fatty acids which enhance your mood and help lower depression and anxiety. Almonds contain anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, which help fight cellular inflammation, which causes a breakdown in signaling between brain cells.
- Take 5-10 almonds and soak in water overnight.
- Next morning, peel off the skin and grind these soaked almonds.
- Mix this paste with a pinch of nutmeg and ginger in 1 cup of milk.
- Drink it regularly or several times a week until your condition improves.
6.) Chamomile to Overcome Anxiety
Chamomile is very helpful in calming you down and give you relief from anxiety. According to a study, chamomile can help overcome anxiety symptoms in those people who are suffering from mild to medium Generalized Anxiety Disorder. It also boosts relaxation and drowsiness due to its mild sedative action.
- Take 2-3 tsp of dried chamomile and steep in a cup of hot water for 3-5.
- Strain it add honey and cinnamon to it (if you want).
- Drink this tea several times a day for at least one month or until your condition improves.
- On the other hand, you can take this herb in supplement form as well.
- Consulting your doctor for proper dosage is suggested.
- However, adults can take 400 to 1600 mg capsules in divided doses every day, or 1-4 ml of liquid extract 3 times a day.
7.) Lavender to Overcome Anxiety
Lavender helps in giving relaxation and relief from depression. Lavender has a soothing and calming effect on the nervous system because of its bioactive constituents like linalool and linalyl acetate. Some studies suggest that it may be useful in treating anxiety too. Here is the method to use lavender to get over anxiety.
- Take 2 cups of water and boil it.
- Add 2-4 drops of lavender essential oil to the boiling water.
- Inhale the steam to get rid of anxiety.
- Repeat if needed.
- Alternatively, take 3-4 drops of lavender oil and mix it with 1 tsp of olive oil, almond oil or any base oil.
- Use it as a massage oil on your back, neck and shoulders.
- Repeat the process daily or several times a week until the condition improves.
8.) Massage to Get Over Anxiety
Massaging your body, mainly your back, neck, shoulders and the bottoms of your feet, can help effectively in relaxing your body and providing relief from anxiety. Here is the method.
- Massage everyday with any massage oil before taking your morning bath or at night before going to sleep.
- Repeat this for several weeks, or incorporate it in your daily routine if you are prone to anxiety disorder.
- You can use any massage oil or sunflower, sesame, coconut or corn oil for this process.
- Use 6 or 7 ounces of any oil after heating it slightly for better result.
9.) Rosemary to Treat Anxiety
Rosemary is an excellent home remedy for anxiety treatment. It is because of its calming effect. Rosemary help stimulates circulation, soothes the respiratory and digestive muscles,. Plus, it has a positive effect on memory and alertness.
- Take 1 or 2 tsp of dried rosemary and add it to one cup of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, strain and sip it.
- Drink this tea everyday until you notice desired results.
10.) Nutmeg to Prevent Anxiety
Nutmeg is another effective home remedy to treat anxiety. It is an aromatic spice which provides relaxation, lowers depression and acts as an excellent muscle relaxant. Thus, it is great for getting rid of anxiety, depression and stress. It is also believed that nutmeg help enhance sleep quality.
- Just, inhale the smell of nutmeg oil to cheer up your mood and lower brain exhaustion.
- Also, you can add ¼ tsp of nutmeg powder in your food on a daily basis.
- Remember, excessive use of nutmeg should be avoided, especially if you have some psychiatric conditions.