A low platelet count is also known as thrombocytopenia. It is a health disorder in which your blood platelets count has a lower than normal value. Platelets play an important role preventing excessive bleeding by clotting the blood. Platelets are very tiny blood cells that help in blood clotting by forming plugs. The normal platelet counts for a healthy person should be between 150000 to 450000 per microliter. If any person platelet count is lower than the minimum value, then he/she can be at risk. The slightly lower value could not harm the person. However, if the platelets are lower than 60000 then this is a reason for worry. You can also read, how to increase low platelet count on our website.
Main possible causes for Low Platelet Count:
- Some types of anemia, viral infections, and exposure to toxic chemicals. It also decreases by consumption of drugs, alcohol and reduced production of platelets due to leukemia. The deficiency of essential vitamins like vitamin B12 is also a cause for low platelet.
- The presence of platelets in the spleen due to severe liver diseases or cancer. It causes a decrease in the number of platelets counts in blood circulation.
- Increased breakdown of platelets due to reaction to the medicines, bacterial infection in the blood, pregnancy, and autoimmune diseases. The other causes include health problems like thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP) and idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP).
Symptoms of Low Platelet Count:
- Enlarged spleen
- Prolonged bleeding from cuts.
- Easy or excessive bruising.
- Superficial bleeding into the skin that appears as a rash.
- A pinpoint sized reddish purple spots, usually on the lower legs.
- Blood in urine or stools.
- Bleeding from your gums or nose.
- Unusually heavy menstrual flows.
Remedies to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally:
- Remedies to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally:
- 1.) Papaya to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
- 2.) Indian Gooseberries for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
- 3.) Stay Hydrated to Raise Platelet Production
- 4.) Sesame Oil for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
- 5.) Exercise to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
- 6.) Avoid Alcohol for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
- 7.) Pomegranate to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
- 8.) Wheatgrass to Raise Platelet Production
- 9.) Pumpkin to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
- 10.) Spinach for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
1.) Papaya to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
Papaya is the best herb to raise blood platelet level naturally and fast also. Papaya can significantly increase the blood platelet level in a few days. If you are suffering from dengue fever then it can be proven to better than medicine for the treatment of dengue. You can either extract the juice of papaya leaves or simply consume raw papaya. Both the ways are useful in the treatment of dengue fever by increasing platelet in the blood. Consume raw papaya or its leaves extract juice 2-3 times daily, this will surely increase the blood platelet level. You can also add lemon juice to the papaya leaves extract juice to overcome its bitter taste.
2.) Indian Gooseberries for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
Indian gooseberries are widespread ayurvedic remedies for almost every health problem. It also plays an important role in increasing the platelet. The vitamin C contain by the gooseberries helps to increase the production of platelet and it also boosts the immune system. You have eaten 4-5 raw Indian gooseberries every morning on an empty stomach to get its benefits. You can also take the juice of gooseberries by mixing two teaspoons of both the honey and Indian gooseberries each. Consume homemade jam or pickles made of Indian gooseberries, this is also very useful to raise blood platelet level naturally.
3.) Stay Hydrated to Raise Platelet Production
Sufficient amount of water is very necessary for the production of platelet in the blood. Water not only helps in the formation of platelet but it also helps the body to function properly. The average adult should drink 2-3 liters of water daily i.e. 8 to 10 glass water is very necessary. The hydrated body always remains free from the production of toxins in the body. To know that you are hydrated or not, check the color of your urine. Clear urine signifies that you are fully hydrated. The amount of fluid you need also depend upon the temperature and humidity in the environment. Don’t drink cool water as it reduces the digestive process, warm or lukewarm water is best to boost platelet.
4.) Sesame Oil for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
Sesame oil has a great ability to increase low platelet count in the blood significantly. Sesame is a cold pressed oil, which helps to raise the blood platelet level naturally and fast. Sesame oil prevents the body from free radical damage and inflammation along with this it also improves blood circulation. Drink about 2 tablespoons of high-quality sesame oil at least 2 times a day. You can also include sesame oil for daily cooking.
5.) Exercise to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
Better blood circulation and immune system are key to increase the level of platelets. There are different exercises to increase the platelet depending upon platelet counts.
- Perform standing or sitting exercises, walking and gentle stretching when the platelets are 15000 to 20000.
- Use can use light weight when platelet counts are 20000 to 40000, do brisk walking also.
- Perform activities like stationary cycling or golfing when platelets are 40000 to 60000.
- Do aerobics, biking or jogging when the platelet counts are above 60000.
- Don’t exercise if the blood platelets are lower than 15000.
6.) Avoid Alcohol for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
Alcohol is harmful to the body in all aspects, it does not only interfere with the normal platelet formation but also hinder the functioning of the platelet. People who have a low platelet count should not even think of taking alcohol as the immediate effect of it decreases the platelet response within 10 to 15 minutes of ingestion, this can lead to separate health issue also. Reduction in the alcohol consumption restores the proper functioning of the platelet.
7.) Pomegranate to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
There are numerous health benefits of pomegranate apart from being healthy and delicious. It also has antiviral, antioxidant, and antitumor properties. They are also a good sources of vitamins A, C, and E, as well as folic acid. Pomegranates are very helpful to raise blood platelet level naturally as it is rich in high iron content. The fruit can help fight increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption. You can eat pomegranate in raw form or in juice. The fruit is also rich in vitamins which help keep the energy levels steady despite having the blood platelet low.
8.) Wheatgrass to Raise Platelet Production
It has been proven by medical experts that wheatgrass is best to increase platelet count in the blood. The reason that wheatgrass is so effective is due to the presence of chlorophyll and the molecular structure of the wheatgrass is almost identical to that of hemoglobin molecule in the human body. Wheatgrass helps in the production of total white blood cell, hemoglobin, and red blood cell. You have to drink ½ cup of wheatgrass juice daily with lemon juice every day in the morning.
9.) Pumpkin to Raise Blood Platelet Level Naturally
Pumpkin is one of the best home remedies for low platelets count. Pumpkin is rich in vitamin A which is very helpful in improving the low platelet in the blood. Protein regulation is also a major factor in raising the blood platelet level naturally. Take ½ glass of fresh pumpkin juice and mix one teaspoon of honey in it. Drink the juice 3 times a day. You can also include pumpkin in your daily cooking.
10.) Spinach for Treatment of Low Platelet Count
Blood clotting is essential to prevent bleeding and for this vitamin, K is required in the blood in sufficient amount. Spinach has a relatively high value of vitamin K compare to other fruits and vegetable. Those who have low platelet count should start including spinach in their diet on a regular basis. Add 2 cups of water in a bowl, add 4 leaves of spinach in it and bring to boil. Allow it to cool down and then add ½ glass of tomato juice. Drink this 2-3 times a day. Include spinach in salads, side dishes and in soups.