This article is about the ways to raise low blood pressure. Low blood pressure is also known as hypotension. It is considered too low when it is less than 90/60 mmHg. However, normally blood pressure is low when it is lees than 120/80 mmHg. When your blood pressure is too low that means it can not deliver enough blood to the organs of the body. Due to this, organs don’t work properly and may get temporarily or permanently damaged. There are numerous reasons which are associated with low blood pressure such as nutritional deficiencies, pregnancy, dehydration, prolonged bed rest, a decrease in blood volume, heart problems, neurological conditions and endocrine disorders. Due to having low blood pressure you may go through the symptoms like dizziness, nausea, fainting, fatigue, cold, clammy skin, palpitations, difficulty in breathing and blurred vision. If you want to improve or raise low blood pressure then follow some guidelines which are mentioned below.
Symptoms of Low Blood Pressure:
- Feeling sick
- General weakness
- Heartbeat becomes more noticeable
Causes of Low Blood Pressure:
- Nutritional deficiencies
- A decrease in blood volume
- Endocrine disorders
- Neurological conditions
- Prolonged bed rest
- Heart problems
Best Remedies to Raise Low Blood Pressure:
1.) Drink Plenty of Water to Improve Blood Pressure
Low blood pressure leads to dehydration, so you need to raise your blood pressure by drinking plenty of water. Target to drink at least 8 to 10 oz cups of water per day. You should avoid high sugar content drinks. Health drinks with electrolytes can help to improve low blood pressure.
2.) Salt to Raise Low Blood Pressure Fast
Due to the presence of sodium, salt helps to treat low blood pressure. Don’t take salt in excess amount as it makes you unhealthy. Increasing salt in your diet can raise your blood pressure to a healthier level. You can drink salt water or you can eat canned soup to improve the blood pressure level.
3.) Lemon Juice to Raise Blood Pressure Naturally
Lemon juice is very effective in treating low blood pressure as well as high blood pressure. Drink lemon juice mixed with a little sugar and salt. Lemon juice energizes your body by stimulating the liver function. You can also have a glass of sugarcane juice which is mixed with a tsp of lemon juice and salt.
4.) Carrot to Increase Low Blood Pressure
Carrot is one of the best home remedies for increasing low blood pressure. Start your day with fresh carrot juice mixed with a little honey is an effective and easy way to treat low blood pressure.
Steps to Use Carrot to Treat Low Blood Pressure Fast:
- Prepare a glass of carrot juice and add 2 tbsp of little honey to it.
- Drink it on an empty stomach in the morning and in the evening.
5.) Almonds and Milk to Raise Low Blood Pressure Overnight
Almonds is another traditional and beneficial home remedy for treating low blood pressure.
Steps to Use Almonds to Cure Low Blood Pressure:
- Soak 5 to 6 almonds in water for the whole night.
- In the next morning, peel off the almond skin and grind it into a smooth paste.
- Then boil this almond paste in a cup of milk.
- Drink a cup of this almond milk in the morning.
6.) Rosemary to Raise Low Blood Pressure
Rosemary helps to stimulate the central nervous system and improves blood circulation that’s why it is useful in normalizing low blood pressure.
Steps to Use Rosemary to Increase Low Blood Pressure Fast:
- Take 10 ml of rosemary tincture per day.
- Adding this herb in your diet is very useful.
- Or you can also add 3 to 4 drops of rosemary essential oil in your diffuser for aromatherapy benefits.
7.) Licorice Root to Raise Low Blood Pressure Naturally
Licorice root is another effective home remedy for improving low blood pressure which is caused by low levels of cortisol.
Steps to Use Licorice Root to Improve Low Blood Pressure:
- Prepare a cup of licorice tea by steeping 1 tsp of this herb in a cup of boiling water for about 5 minutes.
- Take it daily for some days.
- You can also take 400-500 mg of licorice supplements for a few days.
8.) Coffee to Raise Low Blood Pressure Fast
Drinking a cup of strong coffee, cola, hot chocolate or any other caffeinated beverage can temporarily increase your blood pressure.
- Drink a cup of coffee in the morning if you are frequently suffering from low blood pressure.
- Or you can have it with meals. But don’t make it habit because the long-term effects of caffeine are not good.
9.) Raisins to Raise Low Blood Pressure
Raisin is an Ayurvedic remedy which is excellent for treating hypotension.
Steps to Use Raisins to Treat Low Blood Pressure:
- Soak 30 to 40 raisins in a cup of water for the whole night.
- In the morning, eat them before having breakfast.
- You can also drink the left out water in which the raisins were soaked.
- Follow this remedy for a month or for a few weeks.
10.) Exercise Regularly to Raise Low Blood Pressure
Doing regular exercise, benefits your health but it also helps to stimulate healthy blood flow.
- Take 20 minutes brisk walk daily which can help your physical and mental well-being.
- Don’t do heavy lifting exercises which can lead to injury or strain.
11.) Holy Basil to Raise Low Blood Pressure Naturally
Holy basil is beneficial to improve low blood pressure because it is high in vitamin C, potassium, magnesium and pantothenic acid. It also reduces stress and balance the mind.
Steps to Use Basil to Treat Low Blood Pressure Fast:
- Take 10 to 15 basil leaves and extract the juice from it.
- Now add 1 tsp of honey in this juice.
- Drink it on an empty stomach.
- You can also chew 4 to 5 basil leaves daily.
12.) Beetroot Juice to Raise Low Blood Pressure Naturally
Raw beetroot juice is helpful for treating high and low blood pressure. For low blood pressure, have a cup of beetroot juice twice a day for about 1 week. You can also try other natural fruit juices. This is one of the most effective ways for raising low blood pressure.
Other Useful Tips:
- The hot showers and spas can expand your blood vessels which can lead to low blood pressure. So avoid long hot showers.
- Wear compression stockings that will help to maintain your blood pressure.
- Regular exercise helps to encourage and regulate healthy blood flow.
- Don’t cross your legs while sitting as it can restrict your blood circulation.
- Take herbal remedies such as ginger tea, cinnamon and pepper that will help to maintain your blood pressure.
- Don’t consume alcohol if you have problems with low blood pressure.
- Consume caffeine drinks that can increase your low blood pressure.