There are few things that disrupt your day like food poisoning. Food poisoning is also known as a foodborne illness. Food poisoning is the result of having food or water that contains viruses, bacteria, parasites, or the toxins which are made by these toxins. Most of the people have suffered from food poisoning once in a while. Due to this problem people have to face many problems such as vomiting, nausea, cramps, headache, and diarrhea. Food poisoning affects nearly 75 million Americans in a year. When you are suffering from food poisoning you lose more water than normal. It should not be avoided. So to overcome this problem keep yourself hydrated by drinking more water. This article will tell you the ways to recover from food poisoning fast:
Symptoms of Food Poisoning:
Causes of Food Poisoning:
- Keeping cooked food without a refrigerator for a long period.
- Not cooking food properly.
- Not storing food that needs to be chilled at below 5 degrees Celcius.
- Eating food that has been used or touched by someone who is ill.
- Cross- contamination
How Long Does it Take to Recover From Food Poisoning?
Most of the people recover from food poisoning within 12 to 48 hours. Food poisoning should be treated on time. There are some remedies for treating food poisoning.
Best Ways to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast:
1.) Drink Water to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast
During food poisoning, you lose more water through vomiting which resulting dehydration. So drink plenty of liquids to replace lost fluids. If you are not able to drink a lot, then take several small sips frequently. Drink fluids such as water, decaffeinated tea or juice. You can also have juice which is good to get fluids and nutritions.
2.) Medications to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast
By taking paracetamol or ibuprofen, you can eliminate pains and aches. If you are experiencing fever or a headache, then take the recommended dosage of paracetamol or ibuprofen. Avoid anti-diarrhea medicine. If you are not getting relief, then consult a doctor immediately.
3.) Garlic to Get Relief From Food Poisoning Fast
Garlic is very beneficial in fighting food poisoning due to its antibacterial and antifungal properties. It also relieves symptoms such as abdominal pain and diarrhea.
Steps to Use Garlic to Treat Food Poisoning Naturally:
- Consume one fresh garlic clove with water. You can also have garlic juice.
- Alternatively, prepare a mixture of soyabean oil and garlic oil and rub it gently on your stomach.
- Use either of these remedies which helps to relieve in food poisoning.
4.) Lemon to Recover From Food Poisoning Instantly
Lemons contain antibacterial, antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties due to which it can give you instant relief. The acid in lemons helps to kill bacteria causing food poisoning.
Steps to Use Lemon to Get Relief from Food Poisoning Fast:
- Add a pinch of sugar to 1 tsp of lemon juice and drink it 2 to 3 times a day.
- To clean out your system, you can sip lemon juice with warm water.
5.) Ginger to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast & Naturally
Ginger is an excellent remedy for treating all types of digestive problems including food poisoning.
Steps to Use Ginger to Treat Food Poisoning Quickly:
- After having lunch or dinner, drink 1 cup of ginger tea to stop nausea, heartburn and other symptoms of food poisoning.
- To prepare a ginger tea, boil 1 tsp grated ginger in one cup of water for a few minutes.
- Add a little honey or sugar to it. Now drink ginger tea.
- You can also chew raw ginger slices.
6.) Basil to Get Relief from Food Poisoning
Basil is an excellent herb to treat the abdominal discomfort which is caused by food poisoning. It helps to fight the micro-organisms due to the presence of antimicrobial properties.
Steps to Use Basil to Get Rid of Food Poisoning Naturally:
- Extract the juice from basil leaves and add 1 tbsp of honey to it. Drink this basil juice several times a day.
- Another option is to add a few drops of basil oil in 4 cups of drinking water. Drink this water slowly throughout the day. It kills the bacteria causing stomach ache and other problems.
7.) Fenugreek Seeds to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast
Fenugreek seeds help to treat abdominal pain. Yogurt contains antimicrobial and antibacterial properties that help to fight the bacteria causing food poisoning.
Steps to Use Fenugreek to Treat Food Poisoning Instantly:
- Take 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds and 1 tbsp of yogurt.
- Combine them and swallow the fenugreek seeds but don’t chew them.
- Both the ingredients will give you relief from vomiting and stomach ache.
8.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Relief from Food Poisoning
Apple cider vinegar is one of the best home remedies for treating food poisoning. Due to the acidic nature of apple cider vinegar, it helps to improve metabolism. Thus, it eliminates all the food poisoning symptoms.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Food Poisoning:
- Take 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar and a cup of hot water and mix them.
- Drink this ACV mixture before having a meal.
- You can also drink 2 to 3 tsp of undiluted ACV.
9.) Cumin to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast
Cumin seeds are one of the beneficial home remedies for recovering food poisoning. Cumin seeds ease the abdominal discomfort and stomach problem due to food poisoning.
Steps to Use Cumin to Treat Food Poisoning Instantly:
- Boil 1 tsp of cumin seeds in 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 tsp of coriander juice and a little salt to it.
- Drink this solution 2 times a day for some days.
- You can also make an herbal tea from cumin seeds, asafoetida, and salt. Drink it 2 to 3 times a day. It will clean your system and relieve the symptoms of food poisoning.
10.) Banana to Recover From Food Poisoning Fast
Bananas are easy to digest and are rich in potassium that helps to cure vomiting and diarrhea.
Steps to Use Banana to Cure Food Poisoning:
- Eating 1 banana daily will help to restore your energy level.
- You can also eat a ripe banana or can have a healthy banana shake 2 to 3 times a day.
Other Useful Tips:
- Take proper rest to recover from food poisoning quickly.
- Drink lots of fluids.
- Sip an oral rehydration solution, if vomiting and diarrhea last more than 24 hours.
- Before cooking and eating wash your hands properly.
- Keep food surface and utensils clean.
- Cook beef, chicken and pork properly.
- Eat only light foods such as bread, rice, bananas and saltine crackers.
- Avoid eating sweet, fried, greasy and spicy foods.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol.
- Don’t intake dairy products, caffeine, fatty foods and nicotine.