This article is about the ways to reduce bloating and gas. Bloating and gas are common problems. They restrict you to do work and participate in recreational and social activities. Bloating and gas are the natural phenomena of the body’s digestion breaking down food. Bloating is a condition in which your stomach is full and becomes tight due to building up of gas in the small intestine. It makes the stomach area visible swollen. Bloating and gas are accompanied by symptoms like pain, diarrhea, cramps, belching, lower back pain and shortness of breath. The best way to relieve the symptoms of bloating is to allow the gas to pass and a bowel movement. Read the article carefully to know the remedies that will help you to reduce bloating and gas.
Symptoms of Bloating and Gas:
- Shortness of breath
- A fast or even pulse
- Dizziness or lightheaded
- Nausea or vomiting
- Chest pain or pressure
- Bloody stools
- Pain in abdomen
Causes of Bloating and Gas:
- Eating too fast
- Swallowing air
- Weight gain
- Hormonal flux
- Some medications
- Intolerance to dairy products or other food items
Best Ways to Reduce Bloating and Gas:
1.) Warm Lemon Water to Reduce Bloating and Gas Fast
Drinking a glass of warm lemon water daily keeps the doctor away. Lemon is good to ease the gas pain. It has acid that stimulates the production of HCL which helps to break down our food. If the HCL is more then the chances of increasing bloating and gas will be less. Moreover, the water flushes all the toxins from the stomach and maintains your digestive tract.
Steps to Use Lemon Water to Reduce Stomach Bloating Naturally:
- Take 1 to 2 tbsp of lemon juice and a cup of warm water.
- Mix them, and drink it before having a meal in the morning.
- Drink it daily to get satisfactory results.
2.) Mint Tea to Treat Bloating and Gas Naturally
Peppermint is one of the beneficial herbs for stomach bloating and gas treatment. It helps to cure all the stomach problems including bloating and gas.
Steps to Use Mint Leaves to Cure Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Boil 1 cup of water and add 4 to 5 mint leaves to it.
- Allow it to steep for 5 minutes.
- Now add sugar or honey to add taste to it.
- Strain the mint solution.
- Drink 2 to 4 cups of mint tea daily to get relief from bloating and gas.
3.) Pumpkin to Reduce Bloating and Gas Fast
The foods which are high in fiber such as beans causes gas since fiber foods are hard to digest. When food doesn’t break down in the small intestine then it goes into the large intestine where natural bacteria reside on it. To avoid this, consume vegetable that is not high in fiber and pumpkin is the best example of it. Pumpkin is helpful to reduce the buildup of gas and bloating.
Steps to Use Pumpkin to Prevent Stomach Bloating and Gas:
- Eat 1 cup of pumpkin with your meal to release the gas.
- You can also have it steamed, baked or boiled pumpkin.
- You can also drink a glass of pumpkin juice to reduce bloating and gas.
4.) Chamomile Tea to Reduce Boating and Gas Naturally
Chamomile tea has soothing and relaxing effects that reduce bloating and gas. It is one of the most well-known remedies against acid reflux, bloating. It even reduces the discomfort from overeating. You can prepare chamomile tea at home or you can purchase pre-packaged teabags. Chamomile tea is an excellent alternative to black coffee or tea.
Steps to Use Chamomile to Prevent Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Boil a glass of water. After a few minutes, add chamomile in it.
- Let it brew for some more time.
- Strain it and then drink it. You can alternatively add honey to it.
5.) Chew Properly to Reduce Bloating and Gas
When you eat fast and have large bites then you are moving towards indigestion which resulting gas and leads to bloating. By chewing fast, you swallow more air which is one of the causes of bloating. Don’t talk while having a meal or eating.
6.) Avoid Foods that Causes Bloating and Gas
Figure out the foods which lead to bloating and gas in your abdomen. Maintain a diary of foods which helps to treat bloating and gas. Foods like milk and dairy products, beans, nuts, pulses, root vegetables, whole grains, eggs, fatty foods, dried foods, fermented foods and raw vegetables cause bloating and gas. Don’t avoid all of them but try to avoid some of them.
7.) Ginger Tea to Cure Bloating and Gas Fast & Naturally
Ginger also helps in digestion and reduces the bloating and gas. Ginger is also a muscle relaxant and thus relieves gas and flatulence.
Steps to Use Ginger to Treat Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Take a 2-inch piece of ginger and add it to the 1 cup of warm water.
- Cover the water and allow it to steep for five minutes.
- Strain it and add honey and lemon to it.
- Drink this ginger tea twice or thrice a day.
8.) Carom Seeds to Reduce Bloating and Gas Fast
This remedy is an Ayurvedic remedy for treating bloating and gas.
Steps to Use Carom Seeds to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating and Gas:
- Take ¼ of ginger powder, ¼ tsp of carom seeds, half tsp of lemon juice and a pinch of salt.
- Mix them well. Keep them for 10 to 15 minutes and put it into a cup of warm water.
- Have this drink 2 times a day to get relief from bloating and gas pain.
9.) Fennel Seeds to Reduce Bloating and Gas
Fennel seeds are the most effective home remedy for bloating and gas. Fennel seeds are natural antacid and mouth freshener. Chew fennel seeds after having meals to aids digestion.
Steps to Use Fennel Seeds to Cure Bloating and Gas Fast:
- Boil 1 cup of water and add half tsp of fennel seeds to it.
- Then boil it again for five minutes.
- Keep the solution covered.
- Strain the tea and allow it to cool down.
- Drink this tea 2 times a day for better results.
10.) Clove Oil to Get Rid of Bloating and Gas Fast
Clove oil is good to use for bloating and gas. It helps in digestion and also give you relief from all gastric problems like gas, diarrhea and bloating.
Steps to Use Clove Oil to Get Rid of Stomach Bloating:
- Take 1 glass of water and add few drops of clove oil to it.
- Mix it well and drink this water.
- Do regular exercises to reduce stomach bloating and gas.
- Eat bananas and mango to prevent bloating and gas.
- Eat fermented food that can digest properly.
- Chew food properly so that it will reduce the chances the food will ferment that cause gas.
- Use hot compress to get relief from stomach pain which is caused by gas.
- Do not hold gas inside.
You can also read the article on our website how to get rid of diarrhea fast and overnight?