Remedies to reduce pimple redness is a common search when one experience a zit or a pimple. Like a pimple, redness of a pimple is painful and embarrassing too. It highlights a pimple more and can make you look unattractive. Well, if you too are looking for remedies to reduce pimple redness then the following article will definitely provide you aid.
Different Ways to Reduce Pimple Redness:
1.) Keep the Affected Area Clean
Clean the affected area of the skin. The dust particles and oil accumulated around a pimple can increase the redness so it’s better to clean the area. For cleansing, use soap-free face wash. Do not wash your face with a soap as it dries the skin and makes a pimple more prominent. Use a gentle face wash to wipe off the excess oil and dust. After rinsing the face, use a gentle washcloth to pat dry the area.
Later, dab a cotton ball into the skin toner and apply it on the affected area. The skin toner should be mild otherwise, you might experience burning sensation. Skin toner refreshes the skin, shrinks the pores and cure the redness around a pimple. Avoid scrubbing. The granules present in the scrub, when rubbed leads swelling and worsen’s the condition, so don’t use a scrub.
2.) Ice pack to Reduce Pimple Redness
Also known as the cooling treatment therapy, ice is one of the essential pimple redness relievers. The inflation caused by a pimple can also be easily reduced by dabbing cold compress or ice pack on the affected area. All you have to do is prepare an ice pack. Keep The pack on the affected area for a minimum period of 10-15 minutes. Do it regularly 2-3 times in a day for instant relief from pimple redness.
- Take a clean and soft cloth and put few ice cubes in it, wrap the cloth, your home made ice pack is ready!
- Dab the ice pack over the affected part for few minutes and then leave it.
- Don’t dab it for a long time.
- Alternatively, you can keep few metal spoons in the freezer
- Then, use these spoons to cool the affected part. Replace the spoon with another spoon when the old spoon gets warm.
- The cold spoon will reduce the swelling and redness around a pimple.
- You can also put the metal spoon in the ice water instead of the freezer.
3.) Toothpaste to Reduce Pimple Redness
While this may sound stupid at first but guess what? White toothpaste has long been known to cure burns and inflammation. The antiseptic, antibacterial and cooling properties of toothpaste can cure redness of a pimple as well. A component present in the toothpaste, known as fluoride dries a pimple and eventually reduces the redness.
- Apply the toothpaste directly on the pimple and let it remain there a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Wash it off later to notice skin enhancement and overall skin recovery.
- However, use only white toothpaste other toothpaste might worsen the condition.
- P.S – Do not leave the toothpaste on the affected area for a longer time as it dries the part. Also, avoid toothpaste which contains granules since they can rupture a pimple and leads to bleeding. Such condition can be painful and scary for lifelong as it leaves a pimple mark behind.
4.) Lemon Juice to Reduce Pimple Redness
Use lemon juice to treat the redness around the pimples. Citrus has long been known for its healing properties. It contains inflammatory properties, which helps to reduce pimple redness. And, the citric acid tightens the pore and reduces the swelling around a pimple.
- Dip a cotton swab in the lemon juice and dab it around a pimple.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and then rinse the area.
- However, if your skin is sensitive then you can dilute the juice by adding water to it.
- Alternatively, you can add baking soda in lemon juice. Apply this paste around the pimples.
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes and rinse it.
- After rinsing apply a gentle moisturizer at the zit. It will hydrate the skin and provide you relief from the itching.
5.) Aspirin to Reduce Pimple Redness
Yes aspirin, you heard it right! Though doctors recommend to avoid the use of aspirin, however, the medicine is beneficial for treating skin related problems like acne, pimples, zits and etc. The ant anti-inflammatory properties present in the medicine cures the zittiness around a pimple. Moreover, it also contains salicylic acid, which reduces the swelling.
- Crush 1-2 aspirins and mix a few drops of water in it to make a fine paste.
- Apply this paste over the affected area with a Q-tip and rinse it when it dries.
- Follow this remedy regularly to get rid of the pimple and acne redness.
- But do not use more than 4 aspirins as it will lead to blood thinning.
6.) Eye Drops to Reduce Pimple Redness
Eye drops contain tetrahydrozoline hydrochloride, which removes the redness not only in eyes about around pimples also.
- With the help of a Q-tip apply the eye drops oN the affected area.
- For maximum advantage, soak the Q- tip in the eyes drops and freeze it.
- Apply the cold Q-tip over the infected area. It will cool the affected part and reduces the swelling.
- Do not rub it over affected area, just gently dab the Q- tip over the redness.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Reduce Pimple Redness
The most renowned of all the home remedies, make sure to keep it at your home. Apple cider vinegar has healing properties and is commonly used to treat burns as well. For the very same purpose, it is characterized to reduce redness of pimples too.
- Dip a cotton ball in the ACV and dab it over the redness.
- The solution will burn the affected part for a while but don’t touch it. Let ACV work.
- Alternatively, you can add baking soda in the ACV.
- Mix both the ingredients properly and apply over the redness, Rinse the affected part when the mixture dries.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to get rid of the redness from the face as well.
8.) Green Tea-Bag to Reduce Pimple Redness
Your favorite green tea which you sip for a fit body can also help you to bid adieu to the redness around a pimple. Cold green tea bags are a boon for redness as it cools down the inflammation which eventually reduces the redness around a pimple.
- Dip a green tea bag in the boiling water.
- Let the water absorb the color of the tea. Drink the water and store the tea bags in the freezer to cool them.
- After 2-3 hours, gently dab the cold green tea bags over the redness for a few minutes.
- Repeat the remedy to reduce the redness around a pimple.
9.) Aloe-Vera to Reduce Pimple Redness
Aloe- Vera is known for its anti-inflammatory and cooling properties. Apply Aloe gel over the redness regularly and see the difference in a weak. You can use natural Aloe- Vera plant gel or aloe gel available in the local market.
10.) Egg Whites to Reduce Pimple Redness
Eggs are an essential source of proteins. What more do you want to know? Eggs are used for face packs and in many beauty products all over the world. Do you need one more reason to use it.
- Mash them up and apply them over the affected area.
- Leave it there for a minimum of 45 minutes and wash it up to finally get rid of the problem.