This article is about the ways to stay awake all night. As you already know, proper sleep is necessary for our health. But sometimes you need to stay awake all night for many useful things such as working, cleaning, studying and enjoying. Some people are naturally night owls as they have a tendency to be awake for the whole night. If you are staying awake all night, then you are not able to get up early in the morning. And, this is not good from many prospective. However, staying awake all night is not an easy task. But before staying awake all night, you need to get 3 hours of sleep. But don’t make it your routine as it will affect your health. And, you will not be able to work in day time. Some people consume supplements to keep them awake. These supplements are easily available at the drug stores. But supplements are not good at all. If you want to stay awake all night then keep reading this article. You will get some useful tips to stay awake all night.
Best Ways to Stay Awake All Night:
Following are the best ways which will help you to stay awake all night.
1.) Take a Nap Beforehand To Stay Awake All Night
- If you are planning to be up all night then take a nap during the day. Try to take the nap six or seven hours before your bedtime.
- You can take a half hour or an hour nap which will help you to lose sleep. Now you can do your work easily at night.
2.) Move Around to Stay Awake All Night
Exercising before bedtime is a good way to keep yourself awake. Don’t try to do cross fit style and high intensity workout as it will make you tired. So, simply walk or you can do other exercises to stay awake for the whole night. Only ten minutes of light exercise will help you to be awake.
3.) Caffeinated Drinks to Stay Awake All Night
Coffee or other type of caffeinated drinks can boost your energy to get you through the night.
- Drinking coffee can help you to be awake for 3 to 4 hours at night.
- So try to drink a cup of coffee every few hours, you will be awake and energetic.
- Start with a cup of black tea or you can drink other energy drinks like red bull.
- If you don’t want to drink coffee then you can drink cold water. The coldness of water will keep you awake and alert.
4.) Lower the Temperature to Stay Up All Night
- Your body prefers warm temperature to sleep. The warmer the temperature the more you want to fall asleep. Turn on a fan and open the windows.
- If your atmosphere is too hot and you can’t cool it then take a cold shower. That will help you to boost alertness.
- Another way is to apply cold compress to your wrists and head.
5.) Healthy Snack to Stay Awake All Night
Low blood sugar can make you sleepy and foggy. So you should keep your energy level up by having healthy snacks. You need to eat snacks that will give you the energy for a longer time.
- Eat yogurt and granola with peanut butter, fresh fruit and celery.
- You need protein healthy carbs like oats and lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Eat almonds, cashews or pecans.
- Avoid sugar as it can burst energy immediately. It will leave you fatigued and foggy.
- You can have toast with peanut butter to stay up.
6.) Keep the Lights Bright to Stay Awake
Light will slow your biological clock and you sleep more when lights are off. So, keep the lights on as it will hit your receptors which will delay your circadian rhythm and change your biological clock. This is really helpful for you and you can enjoy your night.
7.) Talk to a Friend to Stay Up All Night
If you have someone or your friend to talk then you can stay awake easily. So, when you are planning to have fun or any other work at night then call your friend and enjoy the whole night. Friend will stimulate your brain with conversation and presence and you don’t fall asleep at night.
8.) Get Some Sun To Stay Awake All Night
- Sunlight influences your circadian rhythms which help to govern your sleep-wake cycles. Before you sleep all night, spend at least half an hour in daylight. This will keep your sense revitalized.
- Or drinking lots of water will keep you active. Drinking plenty of water will make you go to the washroom again and again and you will stay awake. Moreover, dehydration will make you feel sleepy and lethargic.
9.) Stimulate Your Mind to Stay Awake All Night to Study
Keeping your mind alert is very important to stay up all night. You have to switch tasks from time to time to keep your mind active.
- Pay attention to notice everything.
- Watch a movie and ask yourself questions to keep your mind active.
10.) Stimulate Your Body to Stay Up All Night Without Being Tired
There are few tricks that you can do to keep your body active and alert yourself at night. You cannot fall asleep if your body is active.
- Stretch your wrists, calves and forearms to make your body feel more active.
- Roll your shoulders forward and backward and move your head from side to side.
- Give yourself hand massage.
- Pinch yourself if you are falling asleep.
- Chew gum or you can suck mint to keep your mouth active.
- Look out a window and gaze a new location, if your eyes are getting tired.
- Find ways to keep yourself busy and occupied.
- Do exercises to stay awake all night.
- You can play your favorite game on your mobile phone to stay awake all night without caffeine.
- Take a cold shower so that you can’t sleep at night.
- By taking a small walk outside you can wake up for the whole night.
- Stretch your muscles so that you feel good instead restricted and slow.
- Talk and have a laugh with your friends or mates. If you enjoy then you will forget about being tired.
- Get fresh air because it really works great to wake you up at night.
- Drink water with ice because dehydration can make your feel tired.
- Wash your face with cold water to stay awake.