This article is about natural remedies that will help you to stop smoking. We all know how much smoking is bad for our health. So there is no use of discussing it in the length. What actually we should discuss is different ways to give up smoking. Giving up smoking is all about how much control do you have on yourself. The first and foremost thing that will help you to quit smoking is only and only your willpower. And, when you have finally determined yourself to stop smoking, you can take help of below listed natural remedies to stop smoking.
Natural Remedies to Stop Smoking:
1.) Licorice to Stop Smoking
If you have finally made your mind quit smoking then licorice herb will help you a lot. Being a demulcent and expectorant, licorice is one of the best home remedies for quitting smoke. It has a slight sweet taste which helps you to control the craving of smoking. It will also treat the smokers cough. The advantages of this herb do not end here. It is an adrenal tonic, therefore, balances the cortisol levels, retains the energy and reduce fatigue. To stop smoking with Licorice all you have to do is:
- Chew a small stick of this root whenever you crave for smoking.
- Alternatively, boil a cup of water and add Licorice to it. Drink this tea 2 times a day or whenever you feel the urge to smoke.
- P.S- If you are diabetic or have high blood pressure then avoid this remedy.
2.) Ginseng to Stop Smoking
Another remedy that can relieve you from passive smoking is ginseng. It reduces the frequency of craving for smoking. It maintains the balance of cortisol in the blood. It also keeps a check on adrenal glands. Moreover, it overcomes your body from withdrawal symptoms of quitting smoke. In addition, it reduces the physical, mental and emotional stress that on goes through after quitting smoking. And, not to forget it improves your concentration and reduces anxiety as well. To stop smoking with Ginseng all you need to do is:
- Add a teaspoon of powdered ginseng to your meals especially in cereals. You can also add it to your glass of milk.
- Alternatively, chew the dried ginseng.
- P.S – Avoid this remedy if you are suffering from diabetes, heart problem, hormone sensitive condition or auto-immune disease.
3.) Green Oats to Stop Smoking
Green oats can also help you to quit smoking. The wild oats or Avena sativa as green oats are popularly known, do not have any side effects. It is one of the ideal herbal remedies to stop smoking. It reduces the urge to smoke nicotine and treats the withdrawal symptoms. Moreover, it speeds up the detoxification of nicotine once you have quit smoking. In addition, it has a tonic and sedative effect on the nervous system so it can help you to bid adieu to smoke. All you have to do is:
- Consume 300 mg capsule of green oats regularly.
- However, consult your doctor first.
4.) Lobelia to Stop Smoking
Lobelia can also help you to quit smoking. It has lobeline, that reduces nicotine’s effect on the body. It reduces the production of the neurotransmitter dopamine. You can consume lobelia in the following ways:
- Add 30-40 drops of Lobelia to your meal. Consume this 3 times a day.
- Make sure that your dosage, in the beginning, is low. Gradually increase the dosage.
- P.S- Consult the doctor. Children, pregnant, and nursing women should avoid this remedy.
5.) Cayenne Pepper to Stop Smoking
Cayenne pepper helps to make respiratory system strong that get damaged during smoking. Also, it has antioxidant properties that help to cure the damaged lungs. You can use it in any form. All you need to do is:
- You can use it in the form of ground pepper powder, fresh pepper, cayenne pepper tea or capsules.
- Alternatively, add the dash of cayenne pepper in a glass of water. Drink this regularly, especially when you have an urge for smoking.
6.) St. John’s Wort to Stop Smoking
St. John’s Wort is a medicinal herb. It will also help you to stop smoking. It contains calming properties that help to reduce your mental, physical and emotional stress. Moreover, it also helps to relieve the nicotine withdrawal symptoms that are anxiety, depression and stress. To stop smoking with St. John’s wort all you have to do is:
- Start consuming the capsules of St. John’s wort capsules 9-12 weeks before you decide to give up smoking.
- P.S- Do consult your doctor first.
7.) Passion Flower to Stop Smoking
Passion flowers help to cure all withdrawal symptoms such as irritation, anxiety, insomnia, restlessness and etc. It is one of the most effective remedies that helps to stop smoking without any side effects. All you have to do is:
- Passion flower is available in numerous forms such as tincture, capsule, and tea. You can take it in any form.
- To prepare passion-flower tea all you have to do is: Boil a cup of water, add a passion-flower to it. Let It Brew for some time. Then strain the solution and drink it.
- P.S- Consult your doctor before following this remedy.
8.) Ear Massage to Stop Smoking
A gentle massage around the ears can also help you to quit smoking. It helps to relieve the craving for smoking. Ears are vital body parts that help to stop smoking. During a massage, the acupuncture points are stimulated. This will help you to reduce smoking prangs. All you have to do is ask your friend or your partner to give you a nice ear massage for 2-3 minutes. Ear massage is the best ay to stop smoking. Make sure that you do it regularly.
9.) Valerian to Stop Smoking
Valerian is an anti-anxiety supplement and natural sedative. It is one of the best remedies that supports quitting smoking. It interacts with the brain receptors and soothes the brain during a craving for smoking. Moreover, with the regular intake of this herb the person is able to have a sound sleep. All you need to do is:
- Consume a capsule, tincture or powder of Valerian.
- Do consult your doctor first.
10.) Acupuncture to Stop Smoking
Acupuncture is also a great way to quit smoking. However do not perform it yourself. Consult a therapist or specialist for this. It will treat the withdrawal symptoms of smoking. Also, it promotes detoxification process.
11.) Cold Turkey Method to Stop Smoking
Cold Turkey method is one of the most effective method. However, it is too difficult to follow. All you need to do is decided to quit smoking and you do not have to rely on its substitutes as well. It has major effect on your body. You will suffer with withdrawal symptoms. However, consult your doctor to cure the withdrawal symptoms. For this remedy you have to be well determined and avoid all those places and people who remind you of smoking.
12.) Meditation to Stop Smoking
Apart from following above remedies, meditate 2-3 hours a day. It will relax your brain and reduce the smoking prangs. Moreover, it will help you to deal with after effects of quitting smoking. In addition, it will boost your confidence and encourage you to give up smoking.