This article deals with different ways to stop snoring. Snoring is a common reaction which occurs during sleep. It is caused when air flow vibrates the soft tissues of your throat. Snoring can be a nuisance for your partner or the person when sleeping beside you. Every few minutes your partner would be shaking you to stop snoring. It feels very irritating and annoying as it not only hampers the other person’s sleep but also yours. Although, snoring does not possess a serious threat, but it can be a symptom of an underlying health condition. It is better to prevent such problem as early as you can. But, how to know the ways to stop snoring fast? This article will help you get rid of snoring. With a few lifestyle changes and following below listed methods, you can solve your snoring problem and can sleep happily with your partner.
Causes of Snoring:
- Alcohol consumption
- Sleep apnea
- Nasal problems
- Narrow air passage
- Breathing through the mouth.
- Sleeping postures
Symptoms of Snoring:
- Irritating noise while sleeping.
- Sore throat
- Difficult breathing
- Chest pain during night
- Lack of concentration
- Too much daytime sleepiness.
- High blood pressure
Ways to Stop Snoring Fast & Naturally
1.) Change Seeping Position to Stop Snoring Immediately
Whenever you lie and sleep on your back, your tongue and soft palate move to the back side of the throat. It causes a vibration in the soft tissues of your throat, resulting in loud and irritating snoring sound. In such case, you just need to change your sleeping position in order to prevent yourself from snoring. For this, do following things.
- Try sleeping on your side rather than on your back.
- Sleeping on side will prevent your tongue from collapsing, which is the common reason of snoring.
- It is difficult to alter your sleeping position habit in one night. You can keep a long pillow behind your back. This will stop you from lying on your back.
- Try this method to stop snoring naturally and immediately.
2.) Lose Weight to Treat Snoring Naturally
Increased weight can be one of the reasons that you might be snoring. But, this does not mean slim people don’t snore. There can be a case that you started snoring after you gained weight. In such cases, losing weight can help you stop snoring naturally. When your weight increases, it increases in overall part of the body. So, an increased weight around your neck can make your throat collapse, resulting in snoring. So, try to lose weight so that your snoring issue could be solved.
3.) Quit Alcohol to Prevent Snoring
Alcohol is also one of the reasons responsible for snoring. Alcohol and sedative intake disturb the soft palate of your throat and make them collapse. This collapsing of throat is more likely to make you snore. Drinking alcohol few hours before sleeping can make your snoring worse. Drinking alcohol can make those people also snore who normally doesn’t.
- Avoid or reduce the intake of alcohol in order to stop snoring.
4.) Take Adequate Sleep to Stop Snoring Permanently
Like alcohol, poor or inadequate sleep is another reason responsible for snoring. When you work for long hours without resting or sleeping and even try to suppress your sleep can cause you to snore. When you are completely exhausted, you sleep very deep and hard. Such deep sleep makes your muscles flabby and thus result in snoring.
- Try to sleep adequately.
- Never work for too long as it not only prevent snoring, but also prevent your eyes from straining.
- Sleep on the same time regularly.
- Take a sleep for at least 8-10 hour on regular basis.
5.) Clear Nasal Passage to Stop Snoring Naturally
Sometimes your nose can be the culprit behind snoring. Clearing the nasal passage can work as an ideal solution. This is because clear nasal passage allows air to pass through slower. When a fast moving air is passed through narrow or clogged nose, it is likely to produce snoring.
- Taking shower can help clear nasal passage.
- Neti pot is another option to get relief from nasal blockage.
6.) Stay Hydrated to Stop Snoring
Keeping yourself hydrated all the times is a must thing. It is important, not only for snoring condition, but also for many other health concerns. Dehydration tends to make secretions of your nose and soft palate dry and stickier. This can result in snoring.
- Drink as much water as you can.
- Statistically you should drink no less than 8 glasses of water in a day.
- You can drink juices, herbal tea as well to keep yourself hydrated all the time.
- But, do not drink too much water before you sleep as it may make you spend most of your night in the bathroom.
7.) Quit Smoking to Stop Snoring Naturally
Smoking cigarette affects the lining of the nasal passage and throat. Smoking can cause swelling in your nasal passage and make it congested. This congestion can make difficult to breath through the nose because of less flow of air.
- Avoid smoking and especially during the night as it can disrupt your sleep as well.
8.) Keep Your House Clean to Stop Snoring
Sometimes, allergen in your house can be the reason behind snoring. Common allergen such as dust, mites, pet dander can be the reason for your snoring. Dust mites in your pillow can cause allergy in your nasal cavity leading to snoring. Pet in your bed makes you breathe in their dander. If you feel this problem during the night only, these must be the things contributing to your snoring.
- Clean your house frequently and change your pillow timely and restrict your pet from entering to your bedroom.
- These few changes can help you to stop snoring.
9.) Moderate Exercise to Reduce Snoring
Including mild exercise to your daily routine can be much more beneficial for different health reason, including snoring problem. Exercising will help to maintain your weight which will help prevent snoring problem.
Benefits of Exercise:
- It will help in proper sleep.
- It will boost immunity against nasal ailments and other health issues too.
- Moreover, it will keep you healthy overall.
10.) Steam to Stop Snoring Fast and Naturally
Snoring can be caused by nasal congestion as well. In that case steaming can be fruitful to stop snoring. Inhaling steam will help relax your throat’s muscle and clear nasal passage from congestion. Here is the method to do it.
- Just take some boiled water in a bowl and inhale its steam 2-3 times a day, especially one before you sleep.
- Adding peppermint oil or leaves will give added benefits. As peppermint is known to have soothing properties, it can help soothe your throat and give relief to your nasal passage.
- You can drink peppermint tea as well to stop snoring.