Getting stung by a bee is not a big problem for most of the people and it is not a fun as well. It is really painful, itchy and irritating. The effects of a bee bite differ from person to person for some it might not a big deal, but for some, it is like a big nuisance. When a bee bites it need instant treatment. But how to treat a bee sting? This article is all about treating a bee sting.
When a bee bites a person, it leaves its sting on the skin. That sting contains venom which affects skin cells. A bee sting can promote a serious allergic reaction, including anaphylactic shock. That should be removed to prevent infection. These stinging insects are most active during the warmer months. Wasps and bees use their stingers for self-defense. People experience symptoms like a red welt with a small white spot at the center, burning pain and swelling at the sting area. Mild symptoms can go away within some days. There are some best remedies that will help you to treat a bee sting.
Symptoms of Bee Sting:
- Blurry vision
- Difficulty while talking
- Rashes appear
Causes of Bee Sting:
The only cause of bee sting is a protein in the venom which affects your immune system and skin cells. As it causes swelling around the sting area and pain.
Best Treatments to Treat a Bee Sting:
- Best Treatments to Treat a Bee Sting:
- 1.) Mud to Treat a Bee Sting Fast
- 2.) Lavender Oil to Cure Bee Sting Fast
- 3.) Medications to Treat a Bee Sting Fast
- 4.) Garlic to Treat a Bee Sting Naturally & Fast
- 5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Prevent Bee Sting Infection
- 6.) Soap and Ice to Prevent a Bee Sting Fast
- 7.) Onion to Treat a Bee Sting Fast & Naturally
- 8.) Treat a Bee Sting with Baking Soda
- 9.) Hydrocortisone Cream to Get Rid of Bee Sting Fast
- 10.) Aloe Vera Gel and Papaya for Bee Sting Treatment
Bee sting should be treated as it causes pain and swelling. Here are the treatments to prevent infection.
1.) Mud to Treat a Bee Sting Fast
Mud is helpful for the treatment of bee sting. If you are not getting anything to treat stings then mud is the best way for initial pain.
Steps to Use Mud to Get Rid of Bee Sting:
- Take some dirt or mud and water.
- Mix them well to make a thick mud.
- Apply this mud on the sting.
- Let it dry and wash it with water.
2.) Lavender Oil to Cure Bee Sting Fast
Lavender oil is one of the best home remedies for treating a bee sting. Lavender oil gives a soothing effect and also reduce itching and swelling.
Steps to Use Lavender Oil to Get Rid of Bee Sting Naturally:
- You need to take one drop of lavender essential oil and a small amount of liquid neutral oil.
- Apply one drop of lavender oil directly on the affected area.
- Stinger should be completely out before applying lavender oil.
- You can also add neutral oil with lavender oil, but it should be 50:50 ratio. Apply it twice a day and one time on the next day.
3.) Medications to Treat a Bee Sting Fast
Taking medication is also very effective to treat a bee sting.
- You can take Benadryl for itching and Motrin or Tylenol for pain relief.
- You can also place an antibiotic ointment on the affected area. But wash it first before placing antibiotic on the sting.
4.) Garlic to Treat a Bee Sting Naturally & Fast
Garlic is one of the effective natural remedies for treating bee sting infection. Garlic is well known for an antibiotic agent for many diseases and also it prevents infection, which is caused by the bee sting.
Steps to Use Garlic to Prevent Bee Sting Infection:
- Take a garlic clove, peel it, then crush it well.
- Apply this crushed garlic on the affected area.
- It gives relief from pain and swelling as well.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Prevent Bee Sting Infection
Apple cider vinegar is highly effective for treating all types of infection including bee sting infection. Apple cider vinegar has several properties to heal many skin related problems.
Steps to Use to Cure Bee Sting Fast:
- You just need to take some apple cider vinegar and a cotton ball. Soak a cotton ball in apple cider vinegar.
- Then dab it on the sting by using a cotton ball.
- This will eliminate the pain and itching, which is caused by the bee sting.
6.) Soap and Ice to Prevent a Bee Sting Fast
Soap and ice both work well for bee sting treatment. When you are stung by the bee, rub a mild soap on the affected area and wash it with water thoroughly. As it will lessen the effect of the infection.
Steps to Use Ice Cube to Heal a Bee Sting Fast:
- You can also use an ice cube by putting in a handkerchief.
- Then place it on the affected area for at least 20 minutes.
- This will give relief from the swelling, pain and inflammation which is caused due to the bee sting.
7.) Onion to Treat a Bee Sting Fast & Naturally
Onion is very effective and best home remedy for treating onion. Due to containing anti-bacterial and antioxidant properties it is really helpful to reduce pain and inflammation.
Steps to Use Onion to Get Relief from Bee Sting:
- Take an onion and peel it.
- Then blend it to squeeze the juice.
- Apply this onion juice on the sting area to get relief from pain.
8.) Treat a Bee Sting with Baking Soda
Baking soda is also known as sodium bicarbonate, which is a great remedy for a bee sting. The baking soda will relieve itching and swelling.
Steps to Use Baking Soda to Get Rid of Bee Sting:
- Add some water in a baking soda to make a paste.
- Then spread it over the affected area.
- If the sting is on your hand, then cover it with a bandage. Use clean and cool water to wash it.
9.) Hydrocortisone Cream to Get Rid of Bee Sting Fast
- Hydrocortisone is a cream which is most effective for bee stings.
- And easily available in the market.
- This cream gives relief from itching, swelling, pain and inflammation, which is caused by the bee sting.
10.) Aloe Vera Gel and Papaya for Bee Sting Treatment
Aloe Vera gel is very effective as it gives a soothing effect from the inflammation and pain which is due to a bee sting.
Steps to Use Aloe Vera Gel to Treat a Bee Sting on Foot:
- Take an Aloe Vera and extract some gel from it, then apply it to the sting area. It is really helpful to treat the bee sting.
- You can also use papaya to prevent infection.
- Take a fresh papaya and cut it into slices, then put this slice on the affected area stung by a bee. It gives relief from its symptoms.
- You can treat a bee sting with white toothpaste.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you see bees flying around you and slowly walk away from the area.
- Don’t scratch the affected area as it can increase the risk of infection.
- Cover your food tightly while eating outside to prevent attracting insects like wasps and bees.
- Consult a professional, if you see beehives near your home.