This article is about the ways to treat a broken tooth. Teeth are strong and play a vital role in our life. Teeth helps to chew food and if you are blessed with strong and white teeth then you look good while smiling. But they can crack or break due to several reasons such as falling, cavities that weaken the tooth, biting down on something hard and having large, old amalgam fillings that don’t support the remaining enamel of the tooth. Due to a broken tooth, you feel pain while chewing. There are two types of crack, one is where the tooth is actually cracked and the other one is the fracture in an enameled line. The Broken tooth doesn’t look good. When you smile you look weird due to broken teeth. So don’t panic, we are here for you, we have come up with the best remedies for broken teeth. Follow them and get white and strong teeth.
Symptoms of a Broken Tooth:
- Facial swelling
- Cuts surrounding the lips and cheeks
- Isolated bleeding from the mouth
- Severe pain in teeth
Causes of a Broken Tooth:
- Sports activities
- Multiple trauma
- Cavities that weaken the tooth
Treatments to Treat a Broken Tooth:
1.) Avoid Chewing Hard Objects to Treat a Broken Tooth
Many people chew on hard objects like pens and ice. These hard objects can break your teeth. So don’t chew hard objects. Also, don’t grind your teeth that means you continuously press your teeth together that will weaken your enamel and your teeth may crack.
2.) Consult a Doctor to Treat a Broken Teeth
When your teeth break, then consult a doctor immediately. Broken teeth are treatable. To prevent the further damage you need to visit the dentist. Save the portion of the broken tooth and take it with you when you visit the dentist.
3.) Salt Water to Treat a Broken Tooth at Home
Salt water is one of the best remedies for treating a broken tooth. When you have a broken tooth, then your injury may get infected due to bacteria. So to avoid the infection rinse your mouth with salty water.
Steps to Use Salt Water to Treat a Chipped Tooth:
- Heat a cup of water and add 1 tsp of salt in it.
- Swish the salty solution around your mouth for 30 to 60 seconds.
- But try to target the injured area. make sure not to swallow the salty solution.
- Repeat it after having meals.
4.) Medications to Treat a Broken Tooth Fast
The severe pain in the cracked tooth can be treated with OTC pain relievers. Ibuprofen products such as Advil and Motrin which are usually preferred, because ibuprofen reduces swelling and also treat pain in the tooth. But if ibuprofen is not available then you can take an acetaminophen product like Tylenol.
5.) Garlic to Treat a Broken Tooth Naturally
Garlic provides immense relief from pain which is caused due to a cracked tooth. Garlic contains medicinal properties which are very beneficial in reducing the pain.
Steps to Use Garlic to Treat a Chipped Tooth at Home:
- Mix a crushed garlic clove with some black salt or table salt and apply it on the affected tooth to remove the pain.
- You can also chew 1 or 2 garlic cloves to get relief.
- Repeat this garlic treatment for a few days.
6.) Cloves to Treat a Cracked Tooth Fast
Cloves have antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties which help to eliminate pain and fight infection. Cloves are one of the most amazing properties to treat a cracked tooth.
Steps to Use Cloves to Treat a Chipped Tooth Naturally:
- Grind 2 cloves and mix it with a little olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Apply it on the affected tooth.
7.) Onion to Treat a Broken Tooth Overnight
Onion has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. It helps to reduce the tooth pain which is caused by broken teeth. It can give relief from tooth pain by killing the bacteria and germs causing an infection.
Steps to Use Onion to Treat a Cracked Tooth:
- To get the relief from tooth pain chew raw onion for a few minutes.
- Or if you can’t chew it, then you can place a slice of raw onion on the tooth.
8.) Guava Leaves to Treat a Broken Tooth Fast & Naturally
Fresh guava leaves contain analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties which help to treat a toothache which is caused by broken teeth.
Steps to Use Guava Leaves to Treat a Chipped Tooth:
- Chew 1 or 2 guava leaves or you can chew raw spinach leaves.
- Another method is to boil water with 4 to 5 guava leaves.
- Let the solution cool down at a warm temperature.
- Add some salt to it. Use this solution for mouthwash.
- This method will help to avoid broken tooth.
9.) Wheatgrass Juice to Treat a Broken Tooth
Due to the presence of antibacterial properties in wheatgrass, it helps to fight infection and relieve tooth pain. It absorbs toxins from the gums, keeps the infection under control and reduce the growth of bacteria.
Steps to Use Wheatgrass Juice to Treat a Broken Tooth Naturally:
- Extract the juice by blending the wheatgrass with water. Then strain it to get the juice.
- You can also chew wheatgrass.
- Wheatgrass juice is also available in the market.
10.) Vanilla Extract to Treat a Broken Tooth Fast
Vanilla extract is one of the popular home remedies to treat tooth pain as it helps to numb the pain.It also has a calming effect.
Steps to Use a Vanilla Extract to Cure a Broken Tooth:
- Dip a cotton ball in vanilla extract and dab it on the affected tooth.
- Do this a few times a day until you get relief from the pain.
Other Useful Tips:
- Consult a dentist, if it is not treated with above remedies.
- Take proper care of your teeth. Poor oral hygiene can weaken your teeth and make them susceptible to damage.
- Wear a mouthguard while playing sports such as baseball, cricket, hockey, football etc.
- Don’t grind your teeth as grinding will weaken your enamel.
- Don’t chew on hard objects such as pens and ice.
- Your tooth may have to be extracted if the tooth has been damaged.
- Have a root canal if the tooth has been badly damaged.
- Your dentist will choose a filling material to fill the crack.