Bladder infection, also known as cystitis, is a bacterial infection in the bladder. The problem is very annoying and painful. It is the type of urinary tract infection (UTI ). Bladder infection is more common in women as compared to men. That’s why it is easier for a women’s urethra to be infected with bacteria from the anus. Women sometimes get bladder infections after having sex, which makes it easier for bacteria to come into the bladder through the urethra. Most of the bladder infections are caused by the strains of bacteria, menopause, pregnancy and diabetes. Some common symptoms of a bladder infection include the change in urine color, abdominal pain, frequent urge to urinate, a burning sensation when urinating, passing small quantities of urine, nausea, fever and vomiting. Early treatment is the way to prevent the spread of the infection. If you are not treating it in a right way then it may become a serious problem. This article is about to treat a bladder infection.
Symptoms of Bladder Infection:
- Bladder spasm
- A burning sensation when urinating
- Urine with a strong, foul odor
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Blood in the urine
- Low-grade fever
Causes of Bladder Infection:
- Bacteria can travel from the rectum or the vagina towards the urethra to enter the bladder.
- Women are more susceptible to bladder infections due to their shorter length of the urethra.
- Bacteria can enter the bladder via the urethra from the nearby skin.
Best Remedies to Treat a Bladder Infection:
1.) Hot Water Compress to Treat a Bladder Infection
Hot water compress will help to reduce the bladder pressure. It will give you relief from the pain, which is caused by the infection. It also decrease the inflammation and helps to prevent the growth of bacteria that causes the bladder infection.
Steps to Use Hot Water Compress to Reduce Bladder Infection Fast:
- Take a water bottle and put some hot water in it.
- Place this hot water bottle on your lower abdomen for some time to get relief from the pain.
- You can also use a heating pad instead of using a hot water bottle.
2.) Medications to Treat a Bladder Infection Fast
Doctors prescribe numerous antibiotics for bladder infections such as ampicillin, amoxicillin and ciprofloxacin. Depending on the severity of the bladder infection doctor may place you on a short or longer regimen of antibiotics.
Steps to Use Medications to Cure a Bladder Infection:
- Take all the medication even if your symptoms is gone.
- If you are not taking all the medication, then you are at risk of getting a more serious infection.
3.) Blueberries to Get Rid of Bladder Infection at Home
Blueberries help in the treatment of bladder infection, due to its bacteria-inhibiting properties. Blueberries contain antioxidants, which are good for your immune system. Blueberries prevent the growth of bacteria that causes bacterial infection.
Steps to Use Blueberries to Treat a Bladder Infection:
- Add fresh blueberries to your morning meal.
- You can also take fresh blueberry juice daily.
- Try to have it in the morning and at night for best results.
- Don’t add artificial sweetener to the juice.
4.) Cranberry Juice to Get Rid of Bladder Infection Fast
Proanthocyanidin is a compound, which is found in cranberries to prevent bacteria from reaching the bladder and causing a bladder infection.
Steps to Use Cranberry to Cure a Bladder Infection:
- Drink half a glass of cranberry juice daily to prevent the bladder infection.
- Those suffering from bladder infection should drink nearly 3 to 4 glasses of cranberry juice daily to prevent the infection.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat a Bladder Infection Naturally
Tea tree oil contains antibacterial properties, which help to fight the bacteria that cause a bladder infection.
Steps to Use Tea Tree Oil to Reduce Bladder Infection Fast:
- Add ten drops of tea tree oil in your bath water and use this water to clean the urethra opening.
- An alternate method, you can add tea tree oil in equal amounts sandalwood oil and rub it on the area near the bladder. It is very effective in reducing pain.
6.) Indian Gooseberry to Treat a Bladder Infection at Home
Indian gooseberry is one of the effective home remedies for treating bladder infection. Indian gooseberry is rich in vitamin C, which prevents the growth of bacteria.
Steps to Use Indian Gooseberry to Cure a Bladder Infection:
- Add 1 tsp of Indian gooseberry powder and 1 tsp of turmeric powder to a cup of water.
- Boil this solution until it becomes half.
- Drink the residue 3 times a day for 3 to 5 days.
7.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat a Bladder Infection Fast
Apple cider vinegar is high in potassium, enzymes and other useful minerals that can prevent the bacteria that cause bladder infection from growing. ACV is a natural antibiotic to treat the infection.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Get Rid of Bladder Infection:
- Add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water.
- You can add lime juice and honey to it. Stir it well.
- Drink it 2 times a day for some days.
8.) Pineapple to Treat a Bladder Infection Overnight
Bromelain is an enzyme present in pineapple, which has anti-inflammatory properties that may reduce bladder infection symptoms.
Steps to Use Pineapple to Get Relief from Bladder Infection:
- Eating a cup of pineapple on a regular basis helps to prevent the bladder infection.
- You can also prepare a juice from half a pineapple and drink it.
9.) Water to Treat a Bladder Infection at Home
Drinking plenty of water is the best way to treat a bladder infection. Drink about 8 to 10 glasses of water daily. By drinking plenty of water, you will urinate more. Water is essential for dealing with a bladder infection. Along with water, you can drink vegetables and fruits juices to provide your body with the vitamins and minerals. These nutrients are required to fight the infection.
10.) Baking Soda to Cure Bladder Infection Fast
Baking soda is one of the best home remedies to treat bladder infection without antibiotics. Baking soda will increase the acid-base balance of acidic urine and will give you relief from the pain. To neutralize the acidity in the urine, it will speed up the recovery process. Simply add 1 tsp of baking soda in a glass of water and drink it 2 times a day.
Other Useful Tips to Prevent Bladder Infection:
- Drink 2 to 3 liters of fluids such as water each day.
- Avoid drinking coffee, citrus juices, alcohol and sugary drinks that may irritate the bladder.
- Maintain your hygiene.
- To minimize the discomfort use a heating pad.
- Don’t have sexual intercourse while treating a bladder infection.
- Don’t wear tight-fitting shorts or pants.