Cavities are the most common oral health problems that everyone experiences once in a while. Cavities are also known as caries and small openings or holes in the teeth, which are caused by tooth decay. There are many reasons of getting cavities. Cavities are created when bacteria in your mouth meet with the refined sugars and fermentable carbohydrates such as sweets and soda, which promotes acid production. It can also occur, due to the build-up of bacteria and plaque on the surface of the teeth, poor dental hygiene and lack of the minerals in the diet. If cavities are not treated on time then it can lead to a toothache, infection, and even tooth loss. First try to take good care of your teeth and maintain good oral hygiene. This article will give you some guidelines to treat cavities.
Symptoms of Cavities:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Pain when you bite down.
- Black, brown and white staining on the surface of a tooth.
- Visible holes in your teeth.
- Mild to sharp pain while eating or drinking.
Causes of Cavities:
- Poor dental care.
- Low fluoride.
- Tooth defects.
- Dry mouth, where the body does not make enough saliva.
Best Remedies to Treat Cavities Fast & Naturally:
Cavities create many problems like pain in tooth, tooth sensitivity etc. So, follow these methods to get rid of these symptoms.
1) Fluoride to Treat Cavities Fast
Fluoride treatment is an effective way to the early stage of cavities. Fluoride treatment consists of a gel varnish, foam fluoride or liquid solution, which is used to coat and strengthen the tooth’s enamel. When you will undergo fluoride treatment the dentist applies the fluoride onto your tooth. This treatment takes nearly 3 minutes to complete.
2) Turmeric to Get Rid of Cavities Naturally & Fast
Turmeric is one of the best natural remedies for treating cavities. Turmeric is used to treat cavity pain. It contains antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties that keep your teeth healthy and prevent tooth decay.
Steps to Use Turmeric to Cure Cavities Naturally:
- Apply, some turmeric powder on the infected teeth.
- Leave it for a few minutes and then wash it off with warm water.
- You can also add half tsp of turmeric powder to a little mustard oil.
- Massage your teeth with this paste.
- Keep it for ten minutes and spit it out.
3) Licorice to Treat Cavities Fast & Naturally
Licorice root is a herb which works great for cavities. Licorice root helps to keep your teeth healthy. Licorice root contains 2 effective compounds that are liquorice and lycoris flavan that can prevent the growth of cavity.
Steps to Use Licorice Root to Cure Cavities Fast:
- Brush your teeth with dried licorice root powder on a regular basis.
- You can also use a soft stick of licorice to brush your teeth.
4) Garlic to Get Rid of Cavities Naturally
Garlic is the best and effective natural remedy for curing cavities. Garlic is rich in antibacterial and antibiotic properties. It is mostly recommended for tooth decay and cavities. It also promotes healthier teeth and gums.
Steps to Use Garlic to Avoid Cavities Fast & Naturally:
- Take 3 to 4 garlic cloves and one-fourth tsp of rock salt.
- Now, crush the garlic cloves and make a paste by adding rock salt to crushed garlic cloves.
- Apply, this paste on the infected tooth.
- Leave it for ten minutes before using a mouthwash.
- Do this 2 times a day for a few weeks to reduce cavities.
5) Oil Pulling to Get Rid of Cavities Naturally
Oil pulling also reduces cavities, bleeding gums and bad breath. It also helps to clean the mouth of harmful bacteria, which are responsible for various types of dental problems.
Steps to Use Oil Pulling to Prevent Cavities Fast:
- Take 1 tbsp of sesame oil and put it in your mouth.
- Then swish it around 20 minutes.
- Spit it out and avoid swallowing the oil.
- Wash your mouth with warm water.
- Brush your teeth and do it daily in the morning on an empty stomach.
6) Salt to Treat Cavities Fast
Salt is the best and effective home remedy to treat cavities without the dentist. Salt contains antiseptic and antibacterial properties which help to treat cavities effectively. It can reduce pain, inflammation and prevent the growth of bacteria in the mouth.
Steps to Use Salt to Get Relief from Cavities Fast:
- Mix 1 tsp of salt in a glass of warm water.
- Swish with this solution in your mouth for 1 minute.
- Follow this treatment 3 times a day until the symptoms is gone.
7) Clove to Get Rid of Cavities Fast & Naturally
Clove is the most important ingredient for treating dental issue such as cavities. The analgesic, anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of clove help to eliminate pain and prevent the cavity.
Steps to Use Clove to Prevent Cavities Naturally:
- Dilute 2 -3 drops of clove oil with ¼ tsp of sesame seed oil.
- Dab a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the affected tooth.
- Repeat it every night before bedtime.
- You can also chew clove to extract the oil.
- Keep it under your tongue for few minutes.
8) Indian Lilac or Neem to Treat Cavities Naturally
Indian lilac is also known as neem as it is a popular remedy for getting rid of cavities. The medicinal properties help to destroy cavity causing bacteria and maintain healthy and strong teeth.
Steps to Use Indian Lilac to Prevent Cavities Fast:
- Use toothpaste that contains neem oil or neem paste and brush your teeth daily.
- You can also use Neem twigs or sticks to rub your teeth as it will help to treat cavities and tooth decay.
- Follow this neem remedy once or twice a day.
9) Indian Gooseberry (Amla) to Treat Cavities at Home
Indian gooseberry is a herb, which helps to reduce cavities fast. It is high in antioxidants and vitamin C, it fights with bacteria and infections.
Steps to Use Indian Gooseberry to Cure Cavities Naturally:
- Eat 1 fresh amla daily.
- You can also take half tsp of dried amla powder with half glass of water daily.
- You can take a capsule if amla powder or amla is not available.
10) Wheatgrass to Get Rid of Cavities Fast
The antibacterial properties present in wheatgrass helps to fight cavities and tooth decay as well as reduce the pain causing cavities. Wheatgrass is a highly concentrated source of vitamins A, E, and minerals such as calcium, magnesium, and iron, which are necessary for strong and healthy teeth.
Steps to Use Wheatgrass to Reduce Cavities Naturally:
- Take some wheatgrass leaves and make a paste by grinding them. Then, strain the juice.
- Drink half glass of wheatgrass juice daily before having a meal.
- You can also chew some wheatgrass slowly, which is a healthy exercise to make the teeth and gums strong.
- You can treat cavities with baking soda at home.
- Brush your teeth daily to prevent cavities.
- Avoid sugary snacks that can develop plaque.
- Use an antibacterial mouthwash that will kill the bacteria and remove plaque and prevents cavities.
- After every drink or snack, wash your mouth with warm water.
- Eat cheese daily to get relief from the cavities.
- You can also take Vitamin D supplement to cure cavities.
- Drink cranberry juice to daily to improve the oral hygiene.
- Drink black tea and green tea daily to combat the production of plaque and reduce the growth of bacteria.