This article is about ways to treat diarrhea at home. Diarrhea is the condition of increased bowel movement that results in watery stools. One suffers from diarrhea mainly in hot seasons. Diarrhea occurrence also depends upon the immune of a person. Some are more prone to it while others are not. It can also hit one twice a year. There are basically two types of diarrhea – acute and chronic. Both have the potential to affect your day to day life. Go through the article to learn more about diarrhea, its symptoms, causes and treatment.
Symptoms of Diarrhea:
- Loose stools
- Watery stools
- Frequent bowel movement
- If you see blood, mucus or undigested food in your stools then it is a symptom of serious diarrhea.
Causes of Diarrhea:
- Foods that disturbs the digestive system.
- Diseases in intestine.
- Allergy towards certain foods.
- Infection by bacteria
- Radiation therapy
- Drinking contaminated water.
- Laxative abuse
- Surgery on digestive system.
Remedies to Treat Diarrhea Naturally & Fast:
Here are the remedies that are used to treat diarrhea. You can easily treat a diarrhea at home at its early stage. There are number of foods present around you that will help you with the purpose. But make sure that you go to a doctor if you see symptoms of serious stage of diarrhea. Here are the remedies that you can take up to treat diarrhea:
1.) Have More Liquid and Break Your Meal to Treat Diarrhea
You have to increase the liquid intake in order to get rid of diarrhea. Just increase the consumption of water and juice. Make sure that you go for water or sips of it very frequently. It will help treat diarrhea fast. And, the second thing you should go for is break your meal down. It doesn’t mean that you decrease the consumption of food, but it actually means that you should break the meal and divide it into smaller portions. Convert you one meal into three and consume it on a regular interval of time. It helps with digestion.
2.) Banana to Treat Diarrhea
It is good to increase the consumption of banana to fight off the symptoms of diarrhea as it helps tackle the problem of watery stools. The fiber and pectin present in banana will help combat diarrhea as these properties of banana absorb liquid. The intestine becomes free from liquid and the stools are no more watery. You can have it directly in your breakfast or follow the way to consume it:
- Take a ripe banana and mash it well.
- Now, add 1 tsp of tamarind pulp to it.
- Mix it well after adding a pinch of salt to it.
- Have it twice a day and it will settle the problem of digestive system.
3.) Yogurt to Treat Diarrhea
It is good to increase the consumption of yogurt in order to cure diarrhea well. What you have to do is have a bowl of plain yogurt daily to treat diarrhea well. It is because of the reason that yogurt is a hub of healthy bacteria known as ‘live cultures’. They are known as gut-friendly bacteria. It is always advised to give up the consumption of dairy products when you stomach is upset, but yogurt is an exception.
4.) Chamomile Tea to Treat Diarrhea
It is good to go for chamomile tea in order to get rid of diarrhea fast. Chamomile tea is rich in herbal content that helps treat diarrhea well. It is also rich in anti-septic properties that will help with diarrhea. What you have to do is prepare a tea and consume it thrice a day. Follow the steps to make the tea:
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Now add 1 tsp of chamomile flowers and 1 tsp of peppermint leaves to it.
- Now allow it to steep for 15 minutes and then have it after straining.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Diarrhea
Apple cider vinegar is an ingredient which is used for treating numerous problems. It is known for its capacity to treat skin problems. It is rich in antibacterial properties that soothes the stomach. It is also rich in pectin that is also good for stomach. What you have to is:
- Take a glass of water and add 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to it.
- Mix it well and drink it twice a day for the best results.
6.) Ginger to Treat Diarrhea
This is one of the best home remedies for diarrhea. Ginger is an ingredient which is rich in numerous properties. It is used for treating various health related problems. When it comes to the over all health of your digestive system, ginger can prove to be a great option. Thus, it is a nice option for diarrhea as well. You can consume it by preparing a tea with it. Consume the tea twice a day and you get rid of diarrhea. You can also consume it in capsule form. Or, what else you can do is:
- Take a spoon of honey.
- Add equal amount of ginger powder and cinnamon powder to it and have it.
- Have it thrice a day for best results.
- Take equal amount of lemon juice and ginger juice.
- Mix it well and add crushed pepper to it.
- Consume the prepared solution three times a day.
7.) Orange Peels to Treat Diarrhea
Orange peels are also among the great options to treat diarrhea. It is known to look after the over all health of your stomach. Follow the steps to consume orange peels:
- Wash the orange properly to remove the dirt and pesticides.
- Now peel of the oranges and chop it well.
- Now, boil a half glass of water and add the chopped peels to it.
- Steep it for some time and add honey to it when it cools down.
- Drink it thrice a day and you get rid of diarrhea.
8.) Blueberries to Treat Diarrhea
Blueberries can also be used as an effective remedy to treat diarrhea. It contains the element known as anthocyanosids. It is rich in antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It is also rich in pectin that is an amazing element for healthy stomach. The best way to use it is chew a few dried blueberries daily and cure the symptoms of diarrhea. What else you can do is prepare a tea using dried blue berries and get rid of diarrhea. To make the tea:
- Take a cup of water and boil it.
- Add dried blueberries to it and steep it for 10 minutes.
- Now, strain the tea and drink it.
9.) Rice water to Treat Diarrhea
Rice water is also an amazing remedy to be used to cure diarrhea. What you have to do is prepare rice water which is high in starch. You can also have bowl of plain white rice. Rice water is a better option. To prepare the rice water:
- Take a bowl of white rice and boil it in three glass of water.
- When the rice is cooked, strain the water and drink it.
10.) Carrot to Treat Diarrhea
Carrot can also prove to be a great help for treating diarrhea. It also help with the recovering process. Consume it in liquid form. It is good to prepare soup with carrot and get rid of diarrhea. For the purpose:
- Take a carrot and cut it into thin slices.
- Now boil it in water for some time.
- Cover it with a lid and steep it for some time.
- Add a pinch of slat to taste and drink the soup.
- Have it twice a day and treat diarrhea.
11.) Guava Juice to Treat Diarrhea
Guava juice is also one of the most amazing remedies to treat diarrhea at home. It is helpful during constipation and dysentery. What you have to do is drink a glass of guava juice. Drink a glass of juice every 4-5 hours.
12.) Mango Juice to Treat Diarrhea
You can also go for mango juice to consume diarrhea. It is great in taste so you wont even feel like consuming a medicine. It is sweet in taste. You can also add ginger to it to to increase its qualities. This is one of the most tastiest way to get rid of diarrhea.