Extreme sweating on the palms start at any age and continues throughout life. Many a times sweaty hands can be embarrassing for example while shaking your hands with your good friends. But the good news is that regular attention to this problem with a combination of some effective treatments can help to curb the moisture. Sweat-soaked hands are a genuinely very problematic and the condition plagues numerous an individual and influences their social and individual life too. Most of them feel shamed by the condition when they have to face the society and individual contact. A few reasons like anxiety, hormone issues and so forth can be reason of sweaty or sweat-soaked hand. So instead of worrying about your sweaty hands, try these wonderful remedies to treat sweaty hands. These remedies are easily accessible at your home and very affordable. That will keep your hands dry and fresh all throughout the day. Before listing the home remedies to treat sweaty hands read below to know its reason:
Causes of Sweaty Hands
The palms of hands have more sweat glands than other part of the body. Some people have hands that sweat a lot here we come up with the medical reason behind this problem. This problem is common and very embarrassing, it is usually not caused by a disease. This problem begins in childhood, and often is genetic. People who suffer with this problem complained that it becomes worse when they are emotional and stressed. It stops when they asleep.
The term “hypersympathetic activity” is an accurate medical terminology for this problem because this excessive sweating is the result of lots of activity in the sympathetic chain. This chain is the part of the human autonomic nervous system that is situated inside the chest cavity. These functions are controlled by us when compared to the independent work of the sympathetic system. This chain causes the production of sweat in palm and feet both.
Ways to Treat Sweaty Hands:
1.) Hand Wash to Treat Sweaty Hands
Sweaty hands cannot become dry all alone, so you’ll need to wash them more frequently than other people around you, do with a specific end goal to keep them dry. Wash them when the sweat begins to trouble you, then altogether get them dry with a towel. Try to use cold water to wash your hand this will stop the sweat to come out for the next few hours. Make sure you carry your hand wash and cotton hanky whenever you go outside. This will help you to wash your hand whenever you feel sweaty and if hand wash is not possible you can simply use the cotton hanky to wipe the sweaty.
2.) Drink Lots of Water to Treat Sweaty Hands
Water is an incredible natural healer that can help to treat sweat-soaked hands. It is highly recommended for the individuals whose body gets hot quick. The most ideal approach to maintain a distance from this problem is to drink a lot of cool water in a day time. This will assist the body to stay cool and anticipate sweat-soaked hands too. Drink at least 2-3 liters of water to lower your body temperature under control.
3.) Green Tea to Treat Sweaty Hands
Consume green tea, it has a detoxifying impact on your body which will help to smell good all day long and avoid bacterial activity on the sweat. Take 2-3 cups of green tea in a day and give a cold compression with some green tea ice cube to treat sweat-soaked hands. This is one of the best remedies to get rid of sweaty hands.
4.) Use Talcum Powder to Treat Sweaty Hands
Sprinkle some talcum powder on your hands. This can prove to be useful if your sweat-soaked hands hinder everyday exercises like lifting weights, bouncing rope or tasks that require a tight grasp. Make sure you carry a small one in your bag when you go outside in a warm weather. This will help you to treat this problem effectively so that you don’t feel embarrassed when you say hello to your old friend.
5.) Cornstarch From the Kitchen to Treat Sweaty Hands
Cornstarch is a straight forward remedy to cure this problem. So it is utilized by numerous for controlling sweaty hands, feet and armpits adequately. Cornstarch is unscented and looks like talcum powder and consequently does not make any wreckage when applied as often as possible. It is additionally a decent spongy and help in keeping the skin dry. Dust your hands with cornstarch all for the duration of the day to treat sweaty hands.
6.) Tomato Juice to Treat Sweaty Hands
The cooling and astringent properties of tomato squeeze too will help in treat sweaty hands and palms. Get some tomatoes and blend it to make a juice, refrigerate it and drink this daily to keep your body cool. Apply tomato juice on the palm to keep the hands dry and delicate.
7.) Rose Water to Treat Sweaty Hands
Rose water is another remedy that can be utilized for controlling sweaty hands. Plan rose water by bubbling flower petals in water and including a couple drops of rose oil for aroma can help to get rid of this problem. This can be packaged and utilized for spotting the sweaty hands.
8.) Tea Bags to Treat Sweaty Hands
Tea bags contain astringent properties as it has a tannic acid in it. Use of dark tea packs help in the contracting of pores which cause more in lessening the sweat from leaking from the pores. Take moist tea sacks and hold them inside your palms for a couple of minutes at regular intervals. Dark tea can be utilized for washing or wiping your palms for 60 minutes consistently to treat sweaty hands.
9.) Avoid Warm Gloves to Treat Sweaty Hands
Try not to utilize things that cause sweating to happen. Keeping your hands free of gloves and any items that makes the hand steamy and this will make your hands stay wet, so avoid use of gloves to keep your hands dry. Avoid gloves, or anything different things that cover your hands. Wear them when it’s frigid outside.
10.) Do Not Use Moisturiser to Treat Sweaty Hands
Petroleum-based moisturizers or any other skin moisturizer cream items. Petroleum gel is favorable for individuals with dry skin to moisturize it, and it has the same impact on the sweat soaked skin which is the problem for the person who have sweaty hands. So avoid use of the moisturizer or jelly based cream to keep your hand sweat free. Moisturizer helps to keep the skin moisturise and make them bring sweat. This will raise the problem so stay away from creams or any moisturiser as you don’t need it.
11.) Lemon Juice to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms
This is one of the most effective home remedies to get rid of sweaty palms. It acts as a natural deodorant that not only treats sweaty palms but also helps to get rid of that foul odor. Lemon juice reduces bacteria and gives the hands a nice and fresh smile. Follow the procedure given below to get adequate results.
- In a cup of water, squeeze the juice out of one lemon.
- Dip a washcloth in this water and rub it on your hands. You can also apply it all over the body.
- After 15 to 20 minutes, take a shower.
- Repeat this treatment once daily to treat sweaty palms.
- In one tablespoon of baking powder, add the juice of one lemon.
- Mix it up well to make a smooth paste.
- Apply it on sweaty areas like your palms.
- After 10 minutes, rinse it off with clean water.
- Repeat this remedy every day to treat sweaty palms.
- Alternatively, cut a lemon into half and sprinkle some salt on it.
- Rub this lemon on all the sweaty areas until it becomes dry.
- Repeat this method to slow down the activity of sweat glands.
Precaution: Don’t go out in the sun after applying lemon juice as it can make your skin towards ultraviolet radiations.
12.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Sweaty Hands
This is one of the excellent remedies to treat sweaty palms. Apple cider vinegar contains astringent properties keeps the skin pores tight thus preventing excessive sweating. It also balances the pH level of the body when it is consumed internally. Follow the procedure given below to get good results.
- Wash your palm and all other sweaty areas with lukewarm water.
- Now, apply unfiltered apple cider vinegar on the sweaty areas.
- Take a bath the next morning and then apply baby powder to keep the skin dry.
- If you have a sensitive skin, then mix some water in apple cider vinegar.
- Another thing that you can do is in a glass of water; add two teaspoons of unfiltered apple cider vinegar. Mix a little amount of honey in it and drink this water two times per day to treat sweaty palms.
- Alternatively, mix equal parts of rose water and apple cider vinegar. Rub it on your sweaty palms two to three times per day to get rid of sweaty palms.
13.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms Naturally
This is one of the best home remedies to get rid of sweaty palms naturally. The natural astringent properties in tea tree oil control the excessive sweating. It is a perfect remedy for hyperhidrosis. Tea tree oil also contains anti-fungal properties that minimize the risk of fungal infections that is caused due to moisture. Follow the procedure given below to treat sweaty palms.
- In a bowl of lukewarm water, mix 5 to 6 drops of tea tree oil.
- Soak a cotton ball in this water and rub it on your sweaty palms.
- Repeat this method twice or thrice a day to get optimum results.
Precaution: Before applying this tea tree oil on your skin or body, do a patch test on your skin. It is necessary because some people’s skin can be sensitive to tea tree oil.
14.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms
Baking soda is one of the wonderful remedies to get rid of sweaty palms. The alkaline and antiperspirant properties present in baking soda make it a perfect choice for sweaty palms. It also minimizes the secretion of fluids through your palms. The absorbing power of baking soda is so high that it dries the sweat. It also kills the bacteria that are responsible for causing foul smell. Follow the procedure given below to get optimal results.
- Mix a little amount of water in one tablespoon of baking soda.
- Combine it together to make a thick paste.
- Apply this baking soda paste on the sweaty palms and leave it for the next 10 minutes.
- Wash your hands with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy on a regular basis. You need to do it atleast 4 times per week.
Note: Do not use too much of baking soda as it is abrasive.
15.) Sage to Treat Sweaty Palms Naturally
This is one of the age old remedy to treat sweaty palms naturally. The strong astringent properties present in sage makes it an effective remedy for treating sweaty hands. Sage controls the excessive sweating and dry up the oils. The vitamin B and magnesium content in it minimize the overactivity in the sweat glands. Follow the procedure given below to get excellent results.
- In a cup of hot water, add one tablespoon of dried or fresh sage leaves.
- Leave it to steep for the next 5 to 10 minutes.
- Strain this tea and add honey and lemon juice in it according to your taste.
- Have this cup of warm sage tea on a regular basis to treat sweaty hands.
- You can even include sage in your daily cooking and get the benefits.
- In a bowl of water, soak 2 to 3 sage tea bags.
- Cover the bowl with a lid and let it steep for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Now, dip your sweaty hands in this water for the next half an hour.
- Follow this remedy two times per day to get rid of sweaty palms completely.
16.) Witch Hazel to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms Naturally
This is one of the perfect choices to get rid of sweaty palms naturally. The antiperspirant and antiseptic properties present in witch hazel stops the excessive sweating. Witch hazel also contains tannins that shrink the pores and stops sweating. The best thing is that you can apply this solution on any body part. Follow the procedure given below to treat sweaty palms.
- Mix a little amount of water in one tablespoon of witch hazel bark powder.
- Mix these ingredients well to turn it into a paste.
- Apply this prepared paste on the sweaty palms.
- After one hour, wash off the paste with cold water.
- Repeat this method per day continuously for 2 weeks to get positive results.
- Alternatively, dip a cotton ball in witch hazel extract. Rub it on your sweaty palms. Use this application thrice daily to treat sweaty palms completely.
17.) Activated Charcoal to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms Naturally
This is one of the wonderful methods to get rid of sweaty palms naturally. It absorbs the excess moisture from the skin thus preventing sweating and bad smell. Follow the procedure given below to deal with the problem of sweaty palms.
- In a glass of warm water, mix one teaspoon of activated charcoal.
- Drink this every day in the morning on empty stomach to get quick results.
- If you suffer from pain or vomiting after having activated charcoal in the morning then consume it in the night after having dinner.
Precaution: Avoid the intake of activated charcoal if you are having intestinal problems. It should be kept away from children and pets.
18.) Black Tea to Get Rid of Sweaty Palms Naturally
This is one of the most effective remedies to get rid of sweaty palms naturally. The tannins and astringent properties of black tea make it a good choice for sweaty hands. It shrinks the pores and prevents excessive sweating. The tannins also keep the body temperature cools thus minimizing the risk of sweating. Follow the procedure given below to get optimum results.
- Take a large bowl filled with water and soak a few black tea bags in it.
- Soak your palms in this bowl for a few minutes.
- Repeat this treatment two times per day to get rid of sweaty hands completely.
- Alternatively, hold wet black tea bags in your palms for atleast 5 minutes. Repeat this application 2 to 3 times in a day to treat sweaty hands.
- Drink atleast 2 cups of black tea every day and say good bye to sweaty palms.
Tips to Prevent Sweaty Palms
- Don’t use petroleum based skin products.
- Always choose socks and shoes that are made of natural material.
- Avoid spicy foods as it can trigger excessive sweating.
- Stay stress free because anxiety also causes excessive sweating.
- Drink lots of water to stay cool and hydrated.
- Wipe your palms with paper towels to reduce the chance of sweating.
- Soak your palms in cold water for atleast 40 minutes to get quick relief from sweating.
- Make sure you dry your feet after bathing to avoid sweating and foul smell.
- Apply talcum powder on your palms to reduce excess sweat.
- Don’t wear the same socks again and again as it increases the chances of sweating.