The queen of spices, turmeric belongs to ginger’s family. The spice is enriched with the medicinal and therapeutic properties. It has been used since ages to cure many health problems. It not only enhance the flavor of the food but also boost the immune system. Daily consuming turmeric will keep you away from many health problems. This spice and also one of the natural medicine is easily available. Read the article to know more about turmeric benefits and its uses for health.
Properties of Turmeric:
- A substance known as curcumin is present in the turmeric. This substance has antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Curcumin restricts molecules that lead infections.
- Curcumin encourages brain hormone BNF, that encourages the growth of new neurons and reduces the risk of brain diseases.
- Turmeric can be used to treat diarrhea, heartburn, jaundice, liver problems, stomach bloating, arthritis, loss of appetite, intestinal gas, lung infections, cold, headaches, bronchitis, depression, cancer skin problems, mouth infections, eye infections and many more.
- Below we have mentioned the benefits of turmeric in brief.
Different Turmeric Benefits & Uses:
- Different Turmeric Benefits & Uses:
- 1.) Turmeric Benefits to Cure Arthritis
- 2.) Turmeric Benefits to Boost Immunity
- 3.) Turmeric Benefits to Maintain Body Weight
- 4.) Turmeric Benefits to Treat Acidity
- 5.) Control Diabetes with Turmeric
- 6.) Turmeric Benefits to Treat Cancer
- 7.) Control Cholesterol with Turmeric
- 8.) Turmeric Benefits to Heal The Wound
- 9.) Improve Memory Power with Turmeric
- 11.) Turmeric Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease
- 12.) Turmeric Helps to Reduce Depression
1.) Turmeric Benefits to Cure Arthritis
Turmeric is packed with the anti-inflammatory properties, therefore, it comes handy for curing different arthritis such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Moreover, the antioxidant property of the turmeric kills free radicals present in the body which damages the body cells. To reduce the pain drink a glass of warm milk with a pinch of turmeric. Or, boil a small piece of ginger and a half tablespoon of turmeric in water for 20-30 minutes. Strain the solution. Add honey into it and drink it. Alternatively, make a paste of ginger, turmeric, and water. Apply this paste on the affected joints. Another way of treating arthritis is make a mixture of fenugreek powder, ginger powder, and turmeric. Store the mixture in the tightly sealed container. Consume a tablespoon of this mixture daily to treat arthritis.
2.) Turmeric Benefits to Boost Immunity
A substance called lipopolysaccharide is present in the turmeric. This substance strengthens the immune system. The antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral agents of the yellow herb provide the power to the body to fight back with the alien bodies such as viruses and bacteria which leads to infections. If you are suffering from cold and cough, then mix a pinch of turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drink 1-2 times a day. Do not increase the quantity of turmeric because it is warm in nature.
3.) Turmeric Benefits to Maintain Body Weight
Turmeric is enriched with antioxidants and the medicinal properties which heal the body internally and maintains the body weight. It cuts down the fat accumulated in the body.Also, it increases the flow of bile, which speeds up the process of digestion. It is a wonderful remedy for obese and overweight people. It helps to reduce the weight and maintains the ideal body weight. However, that does not mean you will not do exercise or eat other nutrients to reduce the weight.
4.) Turmeric Benefits to Treat Acidity
Turmeric comes handy for treating the digestion related problems. It stimulates the gallbladder and produces bile which secreted the juices and speed up the process of digestion. It helps to dispel the gas, which common symptoms of acidity. It also treats the ulcers in the stomach. Though supplements of turmeric are also beneficial but should avoid consuming those pills as they can worsen the condition. It’s better to consume turmeric powder in raw form.
5.) Control Diabetes with Turmeric
Turmeric is also effective in controlling diabetes. It reduces the insulin level. Also, it controls the glucose level which turns into sugar and leads to diabetes. Moreover, it reduces the insulin resistance, which can help to prevent Type-2 diabetes.
6.) Turmeric Benefits to Treat Cancer
Turmeric is an excellent remedy for treating the prostate cancer. It does not let the prostate cells grow and destroys the cells of cancer. The active components present in the turmeric protects you against the radiation-induced tumors. It also fights against the tumor +cells.
7.) Control Cholesterol with Turmeric
The yellow spice helps to reduce the cholesterol levels. Cholesterol gives rise to other serious body problems such cardiovascular disease, heart attacks or strokes. Add a pinch of turmeric while preparing the meal. You can also drink a glass of warm milk with a pinch of turmeric in it.
8.) Turmeric Benefits to Heal The Wound
Turmeric is an effective disinfectant, all thanks to its antiseptic and antibacterial properties. Sprinkle a pinch of turmeric over the burn or cuts. It will speed up the healing process. It also repairs the damaged skin. Alternatively, mix a pinch of turmeric in a glass of warm milk and drink before going to bed. It will heal your internal wounds.
9.) Improve Memory Power with Turmeric
Turmeric improves the supply of oxygen to the brain. It also removes the plaque accumulated in the brain. If memory problem is not treated at the time it can get worse and may take the shape of Alzheimer. However, the spice has proved beneficial for treating the memory disorders as well.
10.) Prevent Liver Problems With Turmeric
Turmeric is a natural liver detoxifier. It increases the production of enzymes. It helps the liver to detoxify the blood and reduces the toxins in the blood. It also increases the blood circulation. Add turmeric in your meals and drink the a warm glass of milk with a pinch of turmeric mixed in it.
11.) Turmeric Lowers the Risk of Heart Disease
A substance known as curcumin is found in the turmeric. It improves the function of the endothelium, lining of the blood vessels. Endothelial dysfunction is a major cause of heart disease. The same lining regulates the blood pressure and blood clotting. It is known that curcumin seeds improve the endothelial function.
12.) Turmeric Helps to Reduce Depression
Curcumin is effective as an antidepressant. It can boost the neurotransmitters serotonin and dopamine, which reduces the functioning of the brain.
Some Additional Uses of Turmeric:
- Apart from therapeutic and medicinal use, it is also used as a spice to enhance the flavor of the dish.
- It is used in many cosmetics products since it is very good for the skin.
- Turmeric is an excellent preservative. It increases the shelf life of the food.
- Turmeric is a natural pesticide. In a teaspoon of turmeric mix a few drops of water and place it at the points where insects feed.
- Drinking turmeric tea regularly might increase the lifespan of humans. In a 4 cups of boiling water. Add a teaspoon of turmeric powder. Simmer it for 8-10 minutes, add honey in it and the tea is ready to drink.
- Components known as heterocyclic amines are found in meat which can cause cancer. Adding turmeric can reduce those components.