In this article, we will talk about ways to whiten teeth. All of us want that big, beautiful smile that wins all heart. The secret to a perfect smile is not a good set of cheek bones but clear white teeth for they appear clearly when you smile. Yellow teeth can spoil the beauty of any person and can lead to embarrassment. For it is a sign of poor dental hygiene.
You don’t always have to go to a dentist to get them all white and shining. There are many products and techniques available that can help you get rid of that yellowness. The whiteness that will enhance your smile; making you a favourite candid portrait of every photographer. I know how badly you want it, so to help ease the problem here we present one of the best ways to whiten teeth.
Causes of Yellow Teeth:
- There is no proper dental hygiene
- High consumption of sugary substances
- You are suffering from diabetes.
- Chain Smoking
- Lack of fluoride in the mouth.
How to Whiten Teeth?
1.) Activated Charcoal to Whiten Teeth
The processed form of your everyday charcoal has effectively proven itself to be good for dental hygiene. Activated charcoal has the powerful abilities of soaking. It results in it getting hold of the bacteria and food particles that are causing the yellow teeth. Just follow the steps below:
- Add some activated charcoal in water to form a paste.
- Brush with the paste.
- Make sure not to swallow it.
- Do it for some days and you will see teeth whitening.
2.) Baking Soda to Whiten Teeth
Baking soda can help elevate the pH levels of the mouth, resulting in the killing off all the bacteria. It is easy to use just like activated charcoal. Follow the steps below to see how baking soda is effective in a healthy white teeth smile:
- Mix baking soda with water to form a paste-like solution.
- Apply this paste on teeth using a toothbrush.
- Rub it everywhere and massage it gently.
- Wash it off after some time to see the results.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Whiten Teeth
It is one of the most popular of all the products for all kind of home remedies. You could use its healing properties to get your teeth white too by simply, following the steps below:
- Just take some apple cider vinegar at morning before eating.
- Gargle your mouth with it nicely and leave no area.
- Spit it out and perform it on a regular basis for whiter teeth.
4.) Good Dental Habits to Whiten Teeth
One of the most important habits that you can inculcate is good dental habits. That includes making sure to brush twice in a day. In the morning after waking up and especially after sleeping. It is also advised to use a floss for added benefits. As you maintain proper dental habits, it will never happen that your tooth lose their shine. Keep your mouth fresh and don’t eat foods that effect it as mentioned in the next point.
5.) Mouthwash to Whiten Teeth
Using a good mouth wash can yield long-term benefits. Make sure along with brushing that you gargle your mouth with mouthwash every day. The antiseptic and antibacterial properties will get rid of the problem that is leading to the yellowness at the first place. Consult your dentist or an expert about the best mouthwash effective in the same and you will see beautiful white teeth.
6.) Stop Smoking to Whiten Teeth
Consumption of nicotine or tobacco is known to be harmful for dental health. A sign of a chain smoker is his yellow teeth which develop due to infection. It razes down the white color of the enamel, giving way to the ugly yellow one. For the same purpose, it is therefore recommended to stop their consumption at the earliest. It will not only save you not only from cancer but will provide shiny white teeth too.
7.) Orange to Whiten Teeth
The Vitamin C-rich fruit will help get rid of the yellowness that is spoiling the beauty of your face. You can use the peel of the same to get the white teeth that you aspire for:
- Take the peel of the orange fruit and rub it gently on the tooth.
- Do it at night before sleeping and after brushing.
- As you continue to do it, you would notice the natural shine will appear in your teeth.
8.) Hydrogen Peroxide to Whiten Teeth
While, not many will agree with the idea about using a chemical to clean up your teeth. I wonder you have no clue about the chemical constituents of your everyday toothpaste. Hydrogen peroxide especially is known for its antibacterial properties which help clean up your mouth and enamel. To use it to get whiter teeth, follow the steps below:
- Gargle up with a hydrogen peroxide solution.
- You can also mix it with baking soda to enhance its properties.
- All this while make sure that you don’t swallow the solution.
9.) Lemon to Whiten Teeth
Today, many toothpaste brands are promoting their brands with the product line that it contains the power of lemon. These are no special lemons but your poor little everyday citrus fruits. Lemon for the same reason has been known to be effective to clean up the tooth enamel and helping enhance the whiteness of the teeth. It requires no special mixture and can easily be prepared, just follow the steps below and you are done:
- Just squeeze a fresh lemon to get its juice.
- Mix this juice with a pinch of salt.
- Apply the solution to your teeth and massage it gently.
- Spit it out after some time
- Do this every day for a week at least and you finally see its results.
10.) Apples to Whiten Teeth
As they say, “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Looks like it even keeps the dentist away. Consuming apples has been known to promote oral hygiene. It acts as a scrub and cleans up your mouth and teeth alike. Make sure to consume at least 2 apples a day. Don’t forget to chew it properly for it to work effectively for you.