In this article we will discuss different home remedies for amnesia treatment. In simple words amnesia refers to a condition in which a person suffers total or partial loss of memory. This loss of memory can occur naturally with old age or can even be associated with any damage to the brain. Such damage can be caused due to some disease, head injury, trauma or intake of any sedative drugs. Amnesia can take away complete past memories, or may fade certain events from memory. Amnesia can even prevent such person from forming new memories. It is quite difficult for person suffering from amnesia to remember recent memory. There are certain treatments available to prevent amnesia, but they are quite expensive, which every person can’t afford. Below we have listed some home remedies for amnesia treatment. These remedies, if followed properly and continuously, can help effectively improve the condition of the person suffering amnesia.
Types of Amnesia
1.) Retrograde Amnesia: It is a type of amnesia caused due to an injury or shock to the brain. Person suffering retrograde amnesia is unable to remember events which occurred before the amnesia set in. Anything which happens after the accident or shock is remembered clearly.
2.) Anterograde Amnesia: Same as Retrograde amnesia, Anterograde amnesia is also caused due to an injury or shock to the brain. In anterograde amnesia, a person suffering is not able to create any new memory. Even if he/she does remember, it is for just a short time. Although, events prior to injury are remembered normally.
3.) Traumatic Amnesia: A serious blow to the head can cause traumatic amnesia. It can happen due to an accident or sports injury. Generally it is temporary and recovery depends on the seriousness of the injury.
4.) Wernike – Korsakoff Psychosis: Such type of amnesia is usually caused by alcohol abuse, malnutrition, or thiamin deficiency.
5.) Hysterical Amnesia: Such amnesia is a rare condition. In this condition the person loses his/her memory including his/her own identity.
6.) Childhood Amnesia: People suffering such amnesia do not have memory of their early childhood. This may happen due to certain undeveloped parts of the brain during childhood.
Causes of Amnesia
- Impairment of brain cells caused by diseases affecting them directly.
- Poor blood supply to the brain cells.
- Dullness and Weakness of brain.
- Lack of attention
Symptoms of Amnesia:
- Verbal amnesia in which person forgets words and names.
- Temporary loss of memory, including his/her identity, age, family background.
- Poor Memory due to weakness of brain.
- Mild headache
- Noise intolerance
- Lack of concentration
Home Remedies for Amnesia Treatment:
1.) Almonds as a Home Remedy for Amnesia Treatment
Almonds are quite handy in the treatment for amnesia or memory loss. They are considered to be distinctive in curing brain incapability and enhancing memory power.
Directions to Use Almonds:
- Put a handful of almonds in water overnight to peel their skins.
- Make a paste of these peeled almonds and mix it with 1 tablespoon of butter.
- Other than that Almond oil is also beneficial in curing weakness of the brain.
- Alternatively Inhaling a few drops of almond oil regularly two times a day helps refresh mind and also cure amnesia.
2.) Apple as a Natural Remedy for Amnesia Treatment
Apple is one of the most popular home remedies in the case of memory loss. Apples are known to be rich in Vitamin B1, potassium, phosphorous, etc., which is very effective in treating the problem of amnesia or memory loss. It also helps in the treatment of the injuries caused damage to the nerve cells. Hence it improves the nerves by offering power and life.
- Eating an apple with a glass of milk mixed with 1 tsp of honey is very useful treatment for amnesia.
- Include apple in your daily fruit salad.
3.) Pennywort as a Home Remedy for Amnesia Treatment
Pennywort is an exceptional herb which is used in the treatment of amnesia. It is an excellent brain booster ingredient. It helps in increasing the cognitive memory and enhances the ability of your brain. It also helps get over depression.
Directions to Use Pennywort:
- Take 6 to 8 grams of dried Pennywort herb and make a paste with a sufficient amount of water.
- Add a pinch of powdered pepper to the paste prepared. Sweeten it with about 20 to 30 gm of sugar.
- Drink this preparation with water or milk once in a day regularly.
- It is very competent in treating the problem of amnesia or memory loss.
- You can added almonds as well to increase its efficiency.
4.) Walnuts as a Remedy to Treat Amnesia Naturally
Walnut is another excellent home remedy for memory loss or amnesia treatment. It helps improve overall functioning of the brain. Ellagic and gallic acid present in walnut prevent formation of plague in the brain. Plus it helps enhance the functioning of acetylcholine, which is responsible for learning and memory functioning.
Directions to Use Walnuts:
- Consuming 10 to 20 grams of walnuts daily is found to be very effective in bringing back the gone memories.
- You can also take walnuts along with raisins and fig fruits to raise the nutrients as well as to boost the rate of healing.
5.) Sage as a Remedy for memory Loss Treatment Naturally
Sage is another ingredient known to be quite helpful in curing memory loss or amnesia. It works on the part of the cortex in the brain. Sage also helps reduce mental exhaustion. It enhance the concentration power as well.
Suggestions to Use Sage:
- You can prepare an herbal tea using sage.
- Drinking this tea 1 or 2 times in a day is found to be very supportive in bringing back memories as well as improving the attentiveness.
6.) Basil as a Remedy for Memory Loss Treatment Fast
Basil leaves are among the most important herbs in the amnesia treatment. The healing properties of basil are quite effective. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Basil Leaves:
- Just boil a handful of fresh basil leaves in a glass of water to make a concoction.
- Strain it after cooling.
- Drink this strained concoction to get the benefits of restoring back the lost memories.
- Other than that, you can chew 2 to 3 fresh leaves of basil for the treatment memory loss or amnesia.
7.) Cumin Seeds as a Home Remedy for Amnesia Treatment
Cumin seed is another important medication for treating amnesia. Cumin seeds are known to have excellent anti-stress and antioxidant qualities. These qualities are very useful for improving overall efficiency of brain.
Directions to Use Cumin Seeds:
- Just mix 2 to 3 grams of black cumin seeds with 2 tsp of raw honey.
- Consume this once in a day. It is considered to be very beneficial in healing the weakness of remembering the memories.
8.) Exercise to Prevent Amnesia
Exercising along with meditation is known to be very effective in the treatment of lost memories or amnesia. Exercise, such as Yoga, is very advantageous in balancing the power of your brain and body. Along with it you can do some meditation exercise which will sharpen your mind and will also improve concentration power.
9.) Take Diet Rich in Phosphorus to Treat Memory Loss
A diet rich in phosphorus content is very beneficial for those who are suffering from the problem of memory loss or amnesia. Food items such as nuts, egg yolk, cereals, etc. are high in phosphorous content. which you can include in the diet of a suffering person. Other than that cow’s milk is known to be quite helpful in treating the problems of amnesia. You can consume it along with other diets as well.
10.) Proper Sleep to Treat Amnesia Naturally and Fast
One should take a sufficient amount of rest and sleep for a peaceful body and mind. It is very necessary and helpful in treating the problem of memory loss and amnesia. Sleeping also helps refresh and sharpen your faded memories. Powerful food items such as tea, alcohol coffee, soft drinks etc. should not be consumed along with daily diet. These food items can deteriorate the condition even more.