Whenever you feel lethargic, paleness on your face and excessive blood loss that means you might be suffering from anemia. Women, men, and children may affect by this chronic disease like anemia. This article is about home remedies for anemia treatment.
Anemia is a condition in which our body does not produce healthy red blood cells or hemoglobin. The level of hemoglobin is less than 13.5 grams/100 ml in men and less than 12.0 grams in women. The simple blood test used for detecting anemia is called complete blood cell count (CBC). Anemia is a very common problem for U.S. citizens. It affects nearly 3.5 millions Americans. Red blood cells contain hemoglobin which is an iron-based protein that helps the blood cells to carry oxygen. When you are anemic, your blood can not deliver the proper oxygen supply to your tissues and organs. There are several factors that causing anemia such as menstruation, intestinal disorders, pregnancy, bleeding disorders, ulcers, deficiency of iron, Vitamin B12 and folic acid. Symptoms vary depending on the cause such as pale skin, fast heartbeat, fatigue, shortness of breath, headaches, dizziness and cold hands. You can easily treat anemia and its symptoms by following some home remedies which are given below.
Symptoms of Anemia:
- Appearance of Paleness
- Fastening of heartbeat
- Various heart problem
- Cold hands and feet
Causes of Anemia:
- Destruction of red blood cells.
- Faulty or decreased red blood cells.
- Deficiency of blood
- Improper diet
- Intestinal disorders
Home Remedies for Anemia Treatment:
Follow these home remedies to prevent and treat anemia. As these home remedies will increase your red blood cells or hemoglobin level. Home remedies are very effective as compared to over the counter pills for treating anemia.
1.) Pomegranate for Anemia Treatment
Pomegranate has many beneficial components such as carbohydrate, protein, iron, calcium, fat, fiber and sugar, etc. It helps to increase hemoglobin in blood and also improves blood circulation. Hence it helps to cut off dizziness, exhaustion, weakness that is symptoms of anemia.
Steps to Use Pomegranate to Treat Anemia Fast:
- On an empty stomach, eat every morning medium-sized pomegranate (200g).
- You can also drink pomegranate juice every day for better results.
2.) Tomatoes to Cure Anemia Naturally & Fast
Tomotoes are one of the best home remedies for treating anemia. Tomatoes are rich sources of lycopene and vitamin C. Vitamin C is essential to absorb iron by your body.
Steps to Use Tomatoes to Prevent Anemia:
- Have 1 to 2 raw tomatoes everyday or you can include them in salad and in dishes as well.
- Prepare a glass of tomato juice and drink it daily.
3.) Beetroot to Treat Anemia Naturally & Fast
Beetroot plays a vital role for those who suffer from anemia. Beetroot is highly beneficial for all types of anemia. It contains high iron content, calcium, fiber, potassium, sulfur and vitamins. Beetroot is also helpful to clean your body and supply more oxygen throughout the body. Resulting it increase the body’s red blood cell.
Steps to Use Beetroot to Get Relief from Anemia:
- Blend all together one medium-sized beet-root, one half of a sweet potato and 3 carrots in a juicer.
- Drink this juice daily at least once.
- You can also include beet-root as a cooked vegetable or in a salad.
4.) Blackstrap Molasses for Anemia Treatment
Blackstrap molasses is a nutritional powerhouse, especially for those who are suffering from anemia. It is a good source of vitamin B, iron and some other essential minerals that helps to increase the production of red cells. One tbsp of blackstrap molasses fulfills 15 percent of your daily iron requirement.
Steps to Use Blackstrap Molasses to Get Rid of Anemia:
- Add 1 tbsp of blackstrap molasses in a cup of warm water or milk.
- Drink this tea daily. This drink is effective for pregnant women.
5.) Spinach to Treat Anemia from Menstrual
Spinach is one of the best home remedy to cure anemia as it contains vitamin B12, folic acid and energy boosting nutrients. A one half cup of spinach fulfills 35 percent of your daily value of iron and 33 percent of your folic acid value.
Steps to Use Spinach to Treat Anemia Fast & Naturally:
- Make a spinach soup and drink it daily.
- Add 2 tsp of honey in a glass of fresh spinach juice.
- Drink it once daily for at least one month.
6.) Sesame Seeds to Get Rid of Anemia Fast
Sesame seeds are also a great source of iron for treating anemia. One fourth cup of sesame seeds, supplies almost 30 percent of the daily iron needs.
Steps to Use Sesame Seeds to Cure Anemia:
- Take 2 tbsp of black sesame seeds and soak it in water for 2 to 3 hours.
- Strain it, and then make a paste of the soaked seeds properly.
- Mix 1 tbsp of honey in it. Drink this mixture daily until you recover from anemia.
7.) Dates as a Home Remedy for Anemia Treatment
Dates are a great source of iron and vitamin C as well. It plays an essential role in the body’s absorption of iron.
Steps to Use Dates to Get Relief from Anemia Fast:
- Take a cup of milk and add 2 dates in it. Leave it on overnight.
- The next morning, eat the dates and drink the milk, but make sure your stomach should be empty.
- Another method is you can also have dry dates on an empty stomach in the morning. After having dates, you can drink a cup of warm milk. It is really helpful for anemia.
8.) Apple to Treat Anemia Fast & Naturally
As you know “an apple a day keeps the doctor away”. Apples are rich in many nutrients like iron, vitamins which helps in treating anemia.
Steps to Use Apple to Get Rid of Anemia Fast:
- Have at least one apple daily. If possible, eat green apples daily.
- You can also prepare a juice by mixing equal parts of fresh apple juice and beet-root juice. Add a little honey to it. Drink this juice 2 times a day for some days to cure anemia.
9.) Banana for Anemia Treatment
Being rich in iron, banana increases the hemoglobin and many other enzymes that are necessary for the production of red blood cells.
Steps to Use Banana to Treat Anemia Fast:
- Have one ripe banana with one tbsp of honey twice daily for best results.
- Another method, mash one ripe banana and add 1 tbsp of Indian gooseberry (amla) in it. Eat this mixture 2 to 3 times daily to get relief from anemia symptoms.
10.) Fenugreek Seeds as a Home Remedy for Anemia Treatment
Fenugreek seeds is one of the best home remedies for treating anemia. Due to having high iron in fenugreek seeds, it will help to balance the iron in your blood. It also produces new blood cells. You can use seeds and leaves both are used in the treatment of anemia.
Steps to Use Fenugreek Seeds to Get Rid of Anemia Fast:
- Take one cup of rice and 2 tsp of fenugreek seeds. Then cook them together.
- Add some salt to taste and eat it once daily until you get relief from anemia.
- You can also include fenugreek leaves in your dishes, especially in salads or soups.