In this article we will discuss about the several home remedies for armpit lumps treatment. Armpit lump is generally a harmless fat or tissue growth underarms. Armpit lumps can be caused due to bacterial or viral infections. It usually signifies the enlargement of the lymph nodes under your arm. Lymph nodes are usually small in size. They are the egg-shaped glands, which are located all over your body. They hold a vital role in maintaining a healthy immune system. The lump can be small or big in size. Although, such lumps do not posses any serious risk, but sometimes they can be an indication of a serious underlying health disease. There are many medical treatments available to treat this condition. But, such treatments can be quite expensive for some. Therefore, we have made a list of some of the most effective home remedies for armpit lumps treatment. These are easy, effective and simple to follow. Plus, they are relatively quite inexpensive remedies. Before discussing home remedies for armpit lumps, let us know the most possible causes behind it.
Causes of Armpit Lumps:
- Growth of fat tissue
- Bacterial or viral infections
- Shaving armpit
- Breast cancer
- Fungal infections
- Medical reaction
Home Remedies for Armpit Lumps Treatment
1.) Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) for Armpit Lumps Treatment
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is one of the most effective home remedies for armpit lumps treatment. ACV helps reduce the lump and minimize symptoms such as swelling and pain. Plus, it works as an antibiotic and antiseptic agent. It helps combat infection and speed up healing process naturally.
Directions to Use ACV to Cure Armpit Lumps:
- Take equal amount of apple cider vinegar and water and mix it well.
- Using a cotton cloth, apply the solution to the affected area.
- Allow it to get absorbed for 5 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Pat it dry.
- Do this a few times every day until the condition improves.
- It also helps lighten dark underarms too.
2.) Warm Compresses to Treat Armpit Lumps Fast
Warm compresses is one of the most effective home remedies for armpit lumps treatment. The warmth from compress helps enhance circulation of blood in the applied area. It also helps decrease the size of the lump and also reduces swelling and pain.
Directions to Use Warm Compresses to Cure Armpit Lumps:
- Take a clean towel and soak it in hot water.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the towel.
- Hold the towel against your armpit for 5-10 minutes.
- Do this 3 to 4 times every day until the armpit lumps disappear.
3.) Garlic as Armpit Lumps Remedy
Garlic is a powerful antibiotic food which is very effective to get rid of armpit lumps. It has fine anti-inflammatory qualities which helps treat painful armpit lumps. It also helps ease symptoms and speeds up the healing process.
Directions to Use Garlic for Painful Armpit Lumps:
- Take a few garlic cloves, add sufficient water and grind it to make a paste.
- Apply the paste on the affected area.
- Wait for 5 minutes before washing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this 1 or 2 times daily for a week at least.
- Alternatively, you can chew 2 or 3 raw garlic cloves on an empty stomach daily.
4.) Coconut Oil for Armpit Lumps Treatment
Coconut oil is one of the finest remedies for armpit lumps. It has antibacterial, antiviral, anti-inflammatory qualities which helps treat the problem well. Coconut oil also acts as an efficient skin moisturizer. Plus, it boosts up the healing process significantly.
Directions to Use Coconut Oil to Get Rid of Underarm Lumps:
- Take some warm coconut oil and apply it on your armpit.
- Massage firmly in a circular motion and leave the area for 5 minutes.
- Massaging will promote blood circulation and helps reduce swelling.
- Do this a few times every day for a week.
5.) Honey To Get Rid of Armpit Lumps
Honey is among the most powerful home remedies for armpit lump. It treats the problem fast and effectively. Honey helps ease swelling, irritation and pain in lump. In addition, it acts as a fine natural antibiotic which prevent infection.
Directions to Use Honey for Underarm Lumps:
- Take some raw honey and apply on the affected area.
- Leave it for 10 minutes before rinsing it off with warm water.
- Repeat this process 2-3 times daily.
- You can add 1 tsp of honey to a glass of warm water or to green tea.
6.) Aloe Vera for Armpit Lumps
Aloe Vera is among the most exploited home remedies for plenty of body ailments. It also helps get rid of armpit lumps. Aloe Vera has fine moisturizing and strong anti-inflammatory properties which help promote the healing process. It also helps reduce swelling and pain in your armpit.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera to Treat Armpit Lumps:
- Squeeze out the fresh gel from a fleshy Aloe Vera leaf.
- Apply the gel on the affected area by rubbing firmly in a circular motion.
- Wait for about 30 minutes before washing it off with cold water.
- Repeat this remedy 2-3 times daily for a week.
7.) Lemon Juice for Armpit Lumps Treatment
Lemon juice is quite useful home remedy to treat armpit lumps as it contains a high amount of Vitamin C. It also has plenty anti-inflammatory qualities, which help reduce the swelling and pain in your armpit lump. Plus, lemon acts as a natural astringent. It also helps prevent underarms odor.
Directions to Use Lemon Juice for Underarms Odor:
- Soak a cotton ball in the freshly extracted lemon juice.
- Apply the lemon juice using a soaked cotton ball on your lump.
- Allow it to get absorbed by leaving it for 20 minutes
- Later, clean the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times every day for a week.
- You can use it for dark armpits as well due to it fine bleaching properties.
8.) Vitamin E for Armpit Lumps
Vitamin E is another great option to get rid of armpit lumps. It acts as a strong antioxidant which helps speed up the process of healing armpit lump. Plus, it helps reduce swelling and controls the build up of fluid in your lymph nodes. Also, it is useful in maintaining moisture balance and eases repairing process of skin.
- Take a few drops of Vitamin E oil and massage it for several minutes.
- Repeat it 2 to 3 times a day for a week at least.
- You can also take Vitamin E supplements after consulting your doctor.
- Include some Vitamin E rich foods such as avocado, olive oil, almonds, turnip greens, sunflower seeds, spinach etc.
9.) Turmeric Remedy for Armpit Lumps
Turmeric is a natural herb which has excellent anti-inflammatory, antibiotic and antibacterial properties, which help get rid of armpit lumps effectively. Turmeric helps reduce pain and swelling too. It also eases healing process and whiten dark underarms.
Directions to Use Turmeric for Lumps in Armpit:
- Add 1 tbsp of turmeric powder with sufficient honey to make a fine paste.
- Apply this prepared paste on the affected area and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, clean the area with warm water.
- Repeat this process 2 to 3 times a day for a week.
- You can also drink warm turmeric milk once daily for a few weeks.
10.) Echinacea for Armpit Lumps
Echinacea is another herb to get rid of armpit lumps. Echinacea helps strengthen your lymph system and helps heal armpit lumps faster. This herb also acts as a powerful antibiotic, which helps prevent infection by getting rid of impurities in your blood.
Directions to Use Echinacea for Lumps in Underarms:
- Apply the echinacea cream or ointment topically on the affected area.
- Apply it 2-3 times a day.
- Continue this remedy until you see visible results.
- You can also drink echinacea tea to prevent and fight infection internally.
- Drink it 1 0r 2 times daily.