This article is about home remedies for bags under eyes. After a long tiring day do you find puffiness around your eyes or dark circles, when you are not abe to sleep sufficiently? If yes, then you are at right place. We will tell you different home remedies for bags under eyes. There are many cosmetics which promises smooth skin, however, they are quite expensive and does not suit everybody. Therefore, soon you will find yourself sailing in the same boat so it’s better to follow household remedies to treat the puffiness around the eyes. Read more, to know about bags under eyes and home remedies for bags under eyes.
Symptoms of Bags Under Eyes:
- Loose or saggy skin under eyes
- Mild swelling under eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Inflammation around the eyes
Causes of Bags Under Eyes:
- Long working hours
- Lack of sleep
- Reading for long hours
- Hormonal imbalances
- During pregnancy
- Excessive sun exposure
- Sitting in front of the computer for a long time.
Household Remedies for Bags Under Eyes:
1.) Aloe-Vera to Get Rid of Bags Under Eyes
It is one of the best remedies for bags under eyes. Aloe-Vera, the king of skin and hair remedies is enriched with the goodness of Vitamin E and antioxidants. Moreover, it has cooling and anti- inflammatory agent. These properties help to treat the bags under eyes and puffiness around. It also treats fine lines and wrinkles as well. If you don’t have access to fresh Aloe-Vera gel then you can buy the gel from the local market in your area. For best results do the following:
- Apply Aloe-Vera gel under the eyes regularly before going to the bed. It increases the blood flow and helps you to get rid of bags under eyes.
- To use the fresh Aloe-Vera, cut the leaf and peel the upper layer of it and with the help of a spoon scratch the gel and apply it to your eyes.
- While applying the gel, make sure it does not come in contact with your eyes.
2.) Cold Water to Reduce Puffiness
Lack of sleep might result from bags under your eyes. To treat the dark circles wash your eyes with cold water. The water will limit the blood vessels and reduce the swelling.
- Wash your face with cold water, splash the water on the affected area. Repeat it until you get rid of bags under eyes.
- Alternatively, you can apply cold compress. Wrap A few ice cubes in a muslin or soft cloth and massage it under your eyes. Repeat this 3-4 times a day to bid adieu to puffiness.
3.) Cucumber to Cure Puffiness Around the Eyes
A slice of a cucumber under the eyes is one of the quick remedies for bags under the eyes. It sooth the affected area. Cucumber has a cooling property which drops the temperature of the under skin area and treats the dark circles. However, a refrigerated cucumber is more beneficial. So apart from eating it, place it under your eyes as well.
- Cut a slice of the cucumber (refrigerated) and place it under your eyes.
- Relax your body for a while and let the coolness of the cucumber work on the affected area.
- Do this regularly to get rid of puffiness and dark circles under eyes.
4.) Tea- Bag to Treat Bags Under Eyes
A cold tea bag is a good substitute of a cucumber. A component called tannin is present in the tea bag which treats the bags under the eyes. Moreover, it provides a soothing effect as well.
- Take one cup of boiled water and dip your favorite tea- bag into it.
- Drink the tea and instead of throwing the tea bags store it in your refrigerator.
- When the tea bags cool, place them under eyes to use them to treat the dark circles under both the eyes.
5.) Adequate Sleep to Cure Bags Under Eyes
Bags under eyes can pop out because of lack of sleep. So make sure you take sufficient sleep of 7-8 hours. It is one of the ideal remedies for bags under eyes. If you find hard to sleep, then play a soft musing while going to sleep. The soft music will relax your brain and help you to sleep. If you don’t catch up sufficient sleep, the blood circulation is reduced and the skin will become pale which further gives way to dark circles.
6.) Almond Oil to Prevent Bags Under Eyes
Almond oil is a rich source of vitamin E, the main nutrient which heals the puffiness and dark circles. It work as a moisturizer and hydrates the affected part. Sometimes dryness also results from bags under eyes. So to keep the dryness at the bay massage few drops of almond oil under the eyes. Gentle massage will also increase the blood flow and cure bags under the eye.
- Take 5-8 drops of almond oil in an a boil and gently massage it under the eyes using fingers.
- Alternatively, you can also add half spoon of honey into it. Do this regularly before hitting the hay.
- Instead of almond oil, you can also grind few almonds and mix half teaspoon of milk in it.
- Apply this mixture on the affected area and rinse it after 15-20 minutes.
7.) Egg Whites for Bags Under Eyes
Egg white is enriched with skin tightening properties, which treat the bag under eyes and gives you clear and supple skin. It is one of the effective home remedies for bags under eyes. All you have to do is:
- In a bowl take two egg whites and whip them.
- After whipping add 3-4 drops of witch hazel in the egg white and mix it properly.
- Witch hazel works as an astringent and provides you flawless skin.
- Dip a cotton swab in this mixture and apply it under the eyes.
- Leave it for 15-20 minutes and rinse it with normal water.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to get rid of dark circles.
8.) Tomato to Cure Puffiness Around Eyes
Tomato is a rich source of B-carotene. It has bleaching properties. The red vegetable acts as the natural bleach and conceals your dark circles. So consume 1-2 tomato regularly and do the following to get rid of bags under eyes.
- In a bowl mix 2 tablespoons of tomato juice, 1 and ½ spoon of lemon juice.
- Mix both the juices. With the help of a cotton ball, apply it under your eyes.
- Leave the juice for 10-15 minutes, until it dries. Then wash the affected part with the normal water. Follow this remedy 2 times a day for few months and see the difference.
- Alternatively, you can drink tomato juice infused with mint leaves. Mint has a cooling property which helps to cure the dark circles.
9.) Raw Potato for Puffy Eyes
Raw potato is the best substitute of tomato. It also has bleaching properties which lighten the dark circles and gives you a clean and glowing skin.
- Grate 2 raw potatoes.
- Wrap the grated part in the muslin cloth and squeeze it into a bowl to extract the juice out of it.
- Apply the juice over the affected area. Leave it for 10-15 minutes and then rinse it.
- Alternatively, you can also rub half potato over the dark circles.
- The remedy also cures blemishes and tanning.
10.) Rose Water to Avoid Bags Under Eyes
Rose water is filled with cooling properties and other nutrients that wipe out dark circles. It nourishes the skin. Moreover, it is ideal natural toner since it contains astringent properties.
- Dab a cotton ball in the rose water and place it on the bags under the eyes.
- Leave it for 10-15 minutes and wash it.
- Repeat this remedy daily before hitting the sack.