It is also termed as a pressure sore or pressure ulcer. Bed sore is basically an open wound on the skin, that is very common among the people who remain in their beds for a long period of time. When there is pressure against the skin, then usually there is a limit on the blood flow. Well, if you are experiencing such sores on your body surface, then there is no need to worry as there are various home remedies for bed sores.
Causes of Bed Sores:
Some common causes of bed sores are as follows:
- Due to the pressure of any kind of hard surface like a bed or a wheelchair.
- The pressure that is caused due to the involuntary muscle movements like muscle spasms.
- Undue pressure and friction on the skin.
- The condition of an epidermis.
- Lying and sitting on any hard surface for prolonged hours.
Symptoms of Bed Sores:
You can develop bed sores in various places of your body like:
- Shoulders or shoulder blades
- At the back of your head
- On the rims of your ears
- On knees, ankles, heels or toes
- At the spine
- Tailbone that is basically a small bone at the bottom of your spine
You can also experience the common symptoms like:
- Discoloration of skin.
- Itching on the sore.
- Lesions on the skin.
Home Remedies for Bed Sores Treatment:
- Home Remedies for Bed Sores Treatment:
- 1.) Keep on Changing the Positions to Cure Bed Sores
- 2.) Use Saline Water to Get Rid of Bed Sores
- 3.) Use Turmeric to Treat Bed Sores
- 4.) Honey to Avoid Bed Sores
- 5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Bed Sores
- 6.) Coconut Oil for Bed Sores Treatment
- 7.) Goldenseal to Cure Bed Sores
- 8.) Comfrey to Avoid Bed Sores
- 9.) Vitamin C to Treat Bed Sores
- 10.) Zinc to Treat Bed Sores
There are various home remedies for bed sores that can treat them easily.
1.) Keep on Changing the Positions to Cure Bed Sores
If you will keep on changing the position of your body, then it will definitely reduce the stress and pressure on the skin. So, stop lying and sitting in the same position it will also reduce the risk of forming fresh bed sores. Don’t keep on lying in the same position on the bed. Just keep on changing it to prevent the bedsores. After, every 30 minutes keep on changing your position to prevent the formation of bed sores in the future.
2.) Use Saline Water to Get Rid of Bed Sores
It is one of the best home remedies to heal bed sore faster. Just start cleaning bed sores with saline water. It is very important to keep on cleaning the bed sores effectively otherwise they will be more prone to infection and inflammation. Saline water will help in reducing excess fluid of the body and it will also contribute in getting rid of the loose dead skin. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take a cup of water and mix 2 teaspoons of salt in it.
- Boil this solution.
- Now, allow this solution to cool down.
- After this, use it to clean the infected body area.
- Allow this area to dry.
- Now, cover it with a bandage.
- Repeat this process for a couple of days.
3.) Use Turmeric to Treat Bed Sores
Turmeric helps in accelerating the healing process of the bed sores. It also contains anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and antiseptic properties that help to fight the bed sores effectively. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Clean the infected area of your body with saline solution. Now, sprinkle turmeric powder to cover the bed sore.
- After this, cover this area with the help of a clean bandage.
- Repeat this process three times on a regular basis for quick healing.
- Even start drinking the warm turmeric milk on a regular basis for two times in a day.
4.) Honey to Avoid Bed Sores
Honey contains natural antiseptic properties that give the soothing effect on the skin by preventing the bed sores. It can even reduce the itching and provide the relief in pain while promoting the healing process. This amazing natural product can also reduce the risk of further infection. To use this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just prepare a thick of honey and sugar. Mix both ingredients in equal amounts and mix it well. Now, apply this mixture to the infected area of the body.
- Also, cover it with a clean bandage.
- Follow this remedy once in a day to cure bed sores.
5.) Aloe Vera to Get Rid of Bed Sores
Aloe vera is one of the best home remedies for bed sores. It can do wonders on the bed sores. It can also be used to control various infections like bed sores. It even contains amazing healing and soothing properties that can heal the bed sores effectively. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just cut an aloe vera leaf.
- Now, extract the gel from it.
- Apply this gel on the infected area.
- Rub gently for a few minutes on the bed sores.
- Allow it to dry completely.
- At last, wipe it with a clean and damp cloth.
- Do this at least 3 times in a day.
6.) Coconut Oil for Bed Sores Treatment
It is a rich medium of chain fatty acids that help in keeping your skin healthy and protected. It also helps in protecting it from further damage. Also, the coconut oil massage helps in improving the blood circulation of the body. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just apply warm coconut oil all over your legs, back, and limbs.
- Gently massage with the help of this oil until it gets penetrated deep into your skin.
- Apply 3 or 4 times on a regular basis to cure bed sores.
7.) Goldenseal to Cure Bed Sores
It is one of the effective home remedies for bed sores that provide a soothing effect on it. It also helps in reducing the pain and inflammation of the bed sore. Plus, the antiseptic properties present inside the goldenseal helps in preventing infection. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take one cup of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of goldenseal powder in it.
- Strain this herbal tea.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Now, use this tea to clean the bed sore at least 2 times on a regular basis.
- This remedy will also help in drying up the bed sores quickly.
- The other alternate way is to add 1 teaspoon goldenseal powder and the oil in few drops of vitamin E capsules oil.
- Apply this 3 times in a day to the affected area.
8.) Comfrey to Avoid Bed Sores
The root and leaves of comfrey contain great medicinal properties that can regenerate the skin tissues. Comfrey can also reduce the pain and inflammation of the bed sore. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix slippery elm and comfrey leaves in equal amount.
- Now, mix a little amount of water in it.
- Mix it well to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on the sores directly
- Also, cover it with a bandage.
- Leave this on your skin overnight.
- Next morning, just cleans the wound with saline water.
- Repeat this on a regular basis.
9.) Vitamin C to Treat Bed Sores
It is highly recommended to treat skin infections. It also contains anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can heal the bed sore easily. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Take 1 teaspoon of Indian gooseberry powder and consume it with warm water on an empty stomach every morning.
- The other alternate way is to consume vitamin C supplements. But, consume it after consulting a doctor.
- Also, start eating vitamin C foods in your diet like lemons, oranges, grapefruit, and many more.
10.) Zinc to Treat Bed Sores
It is one of the best minerals that can heal the dead skin cells effectively. To prevent bed sores use the following ways.
- Start taking zinc supplements after consulting a doctor.
- Also, include food rich in zinc in your diet to cure bed sores. Start eating zinc-rich foods like oysters, spinach, wheat germ, pumpkin, and much more in your diet.
Few Tips to Prevent Aging:
Here are a few important tips that you follow to prevent aging:
- Always try to sleep for at least 8 hours in a day. Maintain your sleeping routine and always try to get beauty sleep for 8-9 hours.
- Never ever try to sleep with your face pressed against the pillow. All this may cause sleep lines that may turn into wrinkles after some time. So, always avoid it at any cost to prevent aging.
- Try to use the anti-wrinkle serum.
- Maintain your health. Perform physical activities on a regular basis as it helps in keeping your skin healthy while improving the blood circulation. It is the best way of maintaining the beauty of your skin.
- Always use good quality of moisturizer on your skin.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated and nourished.
- Keep inspecting your skin to know the vulnerable areas. Take a help of a caretaker for providing you help to do a proper skin inspection.
- Drink lots of water to keep your skin hydrated.
So, use the above home remedies for bed sores and cure it in few days. To experience a perfect skin use above home remedies for bed sores treatment naturally.