This article is about home remedies for body odor removal. Here in this article we will discuss some od the best remedies that are used to get of body odor. Body odor is caused by the multiplication of bacteria in the company of sweat. The problem of body odor is such a problem that not only troubles you, but also irritates the person sitting next to you. It becomes a reason for embarrassment when you among a group of people. It can also make you conscious at important events, like at any office meeting, and can also bring your moral down. The problem of body odor varies from person to person. Some are more prone to it while some do not have such problem at all. But only a small number of people know that there are number of home remedies for body odor removal. Read this article and know more about body odor and the ways to avoid body odor.
Causes of Body Odor:
As mentioned earlier, problem of body odor differ from person to person. Some have stronger and some have mild. Here are the reasons that explain that why the smell differs from one to another:
- Sweating is one the main reasons that affect the body odor of the person. If one is more prone to sweating then he would have a strong body odor.
- Body odor is also caused if the proper measures are not taken at the age of puberty.
- Eating habits also lead to body odor problem. If one eats a lot of spicy food, then also the chances of having a stronger body odor.
- A diabetic person has a stronger body odor.
Home Remedies for Body Odor Removal:
There are many deodorants available in the market that promise you to control your body odor. But if you are using them, then you know the truth behind them. They are useful only for some time or maybe just immediately after its use. But when you want to get rid of it than these deodorants do not work. But when it comes to home remedies, they work like magic. They work slowly but have enduring effects. Here are the home remedies for body odor:
1.) Lemon to Remove Body Odor
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies for body odor. This home remedy works fantastically when it comes at fighting off the problem of body odor. Just follow the simple steps and get rid of body odors:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two. Squeeze the juice on your under arms from the half lemon and rub it well.
- You can also squeeze the juice in a bowl and apply it with the help of a cotton swab.
- Or, you can also mix with water and apply it on the under arms.
No matter what option you go for, using lemon will help you get rid of body odor easily. Just follow any of the remedy daily to get the best remedies.
2.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Body Odor
Tomatoes, because of its anti-septic qualities, kill bacteria that causes sweat and thus it is one of the most potential home remedies for body odor removal. Here are the simple steps to use it:
- Crush eight tomatoes finely.
- Now extract the juice and discard the pulp.
- Mix the extracted juice in a bucket of water.
- Take a bath with water in the bucket.
- Repeat it daily to control the body odor.
3.) Baking Soda to Avoid Body Odor
Baking soda is one of the fantastic home remedies for body odor. It combats the bacteria and controls the sweat. Mix it with lemon juice or cornstarch and apply it on the under arms to get rid of the odor.
- Make a paste by mixing both soda and lemon juice.
- Apply it on the under arms before going for a bath.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off.
- Take a bath.
- Take some baking soda in a bowl.
- Add equal amount of cornstarch to it and mix well.
- Now apply the remedy on the underarms area and you get rid of body odor for long.
4.) Vinegar to Treat Body Odor
Vinegar is one of the amazing home remedies for body odors. It combats the bacteria that are responsible for the body odor. You can also use it as a natural deodorant. You can use it in different ways:
- Take vinegar in a bottle and spray it on your body.
- Soak a cotton swab in a bowl of vinegar and apply it on the under arms area.
- Mix it with water and take a bath.
- Don’t use it after shaving.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Avoid Body Odor
Apple cider vinegar is also among the most wonderful home remedies for body odor. Undiluted apple cider vinegar works fantastically with body odor. What you have to do is:
- Take a bowl filled with apple cider vinegar.
- Soak a cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the under arms.
- Leave it for sometime and then take a bath.
- Do it daily for best results.
- Add 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to one glass of water.
- Consume the mixture before meals.
- You may also add honey to it in order to improve the taste.
- Drink it daily and you will notice the difference
6.) Rosemary Water to Get Rid of Body Odor
Rosemary water is also counted among the most fantastic remedies for body odor. It is known for its natural deodorant properties. When used topically, it is much more beneficial. What you have to do is:
- Take some rosemary leaves and dry them well.
- Boil some water on stove for some time.
- Add the dried leaves to the boiling water.
- Steep it for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water and discard the leaves.
- Add water to your bath.
7.) Wheat-Grass to Counter Body Odor
Have wheat-grass with water and get rid of the body odor problem. Wheat-grass has proven to be much beneficial body odor remover. It has the chlorophyll contents that battles the bacteria causing body odor. What you have to do is consume it in the morning when your stomach is empty. Add one spoon of wheat-grass juice to the water and drink it in the morning.
8.) Witch Hazel to Avoid Body Odor
Witch hazel lowers the pH value of the sikn and doesn’t allow the bacteria, causing body odor, to grow. It also shrinks the pores on the skin and thus controls the sweat production. It works as antiperspirants. Take witch hazel and dip a cotton ball in it. Apply it one under arms whenever you feel the odor.
9.) Cornstarch for Body odor
Corn starch is one of the common home remedies for body odor removal. It combats the bacteria and reduces sweating. You can apply corn starch directly on your body. You have to use it after taking a bath. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take a bath and pat dry yourself with the help of a towel.
- Now apply the cornstarch on your under arms.
10.) Home-Made Deodorants
Make a deodorant at your home. Use the given ingredients for the purpose: Five drops of Sage essential oil, Coriander essential oil, Lavender essential oil and 60 ml of distilled witch hazel. Take one stray top bottle as well. Mix all the ingredients well and pour it in the bottle. It is ready for use. Use it in place of chemical based deodorants.
11.) Sage to Get Rid of Body Odor
This is one of the delightful herbs to combat body odor. The antibacterial properties of sage stop the bacteria from thriving on the skin. It also reduces sweat gland activity thus preventing body odor. Follow the steps given below to minimize body odor.
- In four cups of hot water, pour tablespoons of dried sage. Steep if for the next 10 to 15 minutes. Once the solution gets a little cool, use it to wash your underarms. Repeat this process two times per day to get positive results.
- Another thing that you can do is mix 5 to 6 drops each of lavender essential oil, sage essential oil and coriander oil. Mix two ounces of witch hazel in it. Pour this solution in a spray bottle and use is it daily as a deodorant.
- Alternatively, in a cup of hot water, add one tablespoon of dried sage. After steeping it for the next 15 minutes, strain it and have a sip of this delicious tea. Have two cups of sage tea per day to get rid of body odor.
Precaution: Pregnant women or nursing mother should not use sage in any form.
12.) Turnips to Treat Body Odor
This is one of the effective remedies to treat body odor. It has antibacterial properties that kill the bacteria that are responsible for producing body odor. The nutrients and vitamin C in turnips makes it an excellent cure for body odor. Follow the steps given below to get adequate results.
- Take two to three turnips and cut them into small pieces.
- Blend these together to make a thick paste.
- Press this paste against a sieve to extract its juice.
- Apply this turnip juice on your underarms and other areas.
- Let it dry on its own and then wash the area with lukewarm water.
- Repeat this application every morning to fight body odor for atleast 10 hours.
- You can even include turnips in your daily diet.
13.) Tea Tree Oil to Combat Body Odor
This is one of the excellent remedies to combat body odor. The antibacterial and antiseptic properties of tea tree oil kills the bacteria and fungus that is responsible for causing body odor. Tea tree oil contains astringent properties that control sweating. Follow the steps given below to treat body odor.
- In two tablespoons of water, add two drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply this water on your underarms to combat body odor.
- You can even make a deodorant using tea tree oil and water. Fill this together in a spray bottle and maintain the proportion of both these ingredients. Apply it daily as a natural deodorant.
14.) Lavender Oil to Reduce Body Odor
This is one of the best essential oils to reduce body odor. It is a perfect choice to stop the growth of bacteria that is responsible of body odor. The cornstarch and baking soda used in this remedy prevents the accumulation of fungus. Follow the steps given below to get adequate results.
- In a bowl, add 3 teaspoons of cornstarch and 2 teaspoons of baking soda.
- Mix 10 drops of lavender essential oil in it.
- Apply this paste on your underarms whenever needed.
- You can use it as a natural deodorant on a regular basis.
15.) Fenugreek Tea to Get Rid of Body Odor
The antioxidant properties present in fenugreek flushes out the toxins from the body thus combating body odor. It also contains antibacterial properties that stop bacterial infection from spreading. It fights body odor by treating it from the root. Follow the steps given below to get suitable results.
- In 250ml of water, soak one teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Boil this water until it is reduced to half.
- Have this water every day in the morning on an empty stomach.
- Drink this water every day to detoxify your body.
16.) Green Tea to Treat Body Odor
This is one of the herbal remedies to treat body odor. Green tea contains tannic acid and antioxidants that helps to combat body odor. It keeps the skin dry and prevents the bacteria from spreading. Green tea flushes out the toxins the body. Follow the steps given below to get significatory results.
- Boil green tea leaves in a cup of hot water.
- Leave it to cool down and apply this strained tea on your underarms.
- You can even drink a cup of green tea on a regular basis to get rid of foul odor.
- If you are using it externally then apply it on every alternate days to combat foul odor.
17.) Milk of Magnesia to Reduce Body Odor
This is one of the wonderful methods to reduce the body odor. The antacid present in magnesia counteracts acid production and reduces. The best thing about this remedy is that it starts its work from the first day of application by keeping the skin dry and odor free. Follow the steps given below to get adequate results.
- You can directly apply milk of magnesia on your underarms or other body parts.
- Alternatively, in milk of magnesia mix a few drops of any essential oil. Store this solution in a spray bottle. Now, you can spray it on your skin anytime you feel smelly.
- Repeat this remedy every night in the morning and night on a daily basis to get rid of foul smell completely.
18.) Arrowroot to Get Rid of Body Odor
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of body odor. The anti-inflammatory properties present in arrowroot makes it a wonderful remedy for body odor. You must be unaware of the fact that it is also a great remedy to treat rashes in babies. This ingredient keeps the skin dry and all kinds of bacterial infections at a distance. Follow the steps given below to combat body odor.
- Apply arrowroot powder directly on your skin and areas like underarms. Make sure you apply this powder on all the sweaty areas.
- Let this powder stay on the skin for the next few hours.
- Repeat this method on a regular basis to reduce body odor.
19.) Rubbing Alcohol to Treat Body Odor
Rubbing alcohol is one of the amazing remedies to treat body odor. The presence of anti-bacterial properties in rubbing alcohol kills the bacteria present on the surface of the skin that are responsible for producing foul smell. It is a perfect remedy to prevent body odor. Follow the steps given below to reduce body odor.
- With the help of a cotton ball, apply rubbing alcohol on all the sweaty areas.
- Apply it 2 to 3 times in a day to get positive results.
- You can apply it on your underarms and other sensitive parts.
- Repeat this treatment on a regular basis to combat body odor.
20.) Rose Water to Get Reduce Body Odor
This is one of the amazing home remedies to reduce body odor. You are well aware about the fact that rose water is good for the skin. The astringent properties of rose water shrink the pores on the skin. It reduces the production of sweat and imparts a floral fragrance to the skin. Follow the steps given below to get desirable results.
- In one tablespoon of apple cider vinegar, add 3 tablespoons of rose water.
- Pour this mixture in a spray bottle and apply it on your skin. You can even store it for later use.
- Repeat this treatment per day to get best results.
Tips to Prevent Foul Smell
- Wear cotton clothes so that your skin can breathe seriously.
- Eat a diet that is less spicy.
- Take a shower daily to prevent foul smell.
- Consume green supplements such as wheatgrass to prevent foul smell internally.
- Drink green tea on a regular basis to detoxify your body.
- Apply rubbing alcohol on your sweat prone areas on a regular basis to combat body odor.
- Use a natural and aluminum free deodorant to prevent body odor.
- Control your anger and manage your stress as both these lead to sweat production.
- Don’t wear shoes for a long time because it gives rise to bacteria that results in foul smell.