This article is about home remedies for body odor removal. Here in this article we will discuss some od the best remedies that are used to get of body odor. Body odor is caused by the multiplication of bacteria in the company of sweat. The problem of body odor is such a problem that not only troubles you, but also irritates the person sitting next to you. It becomes a reason for embarrassment when you among a group of people. It can also make you conscious at important events, like at any office meeting, and can also bring your moral down. The problem of body odor varies from person to person. Some are more prone to it while some do not have such problem at all. But only a small number of people know that there are number of home remedies for body odor removal. Read this article and know more about body odor and the ways to avoid body odor.
Causes of Body Odor:
As mentioned earlier, problem of body odor differ from person to person. Some have stronger and some have mild. Here are the reasons that explain that why the smell differs from one to another:
- Sweating is one the main reasons that affect the body odor of the person. If one is more prone to sweating then he would have a strong body odor.
- Body odor is also caused if the proper measures are not taken at the age of puberty.
- Eating habits also lead to body odor problem. If one eats a lot of spicy food, then also the chances of having a stronger body odor.
- A diabetic person has a stronger body odor.
Home Remedies for Body Odor Removal:
There are many deodorants available in the market that promise you to control your body odor. But if you are using them, then you know the truth behind them. They are useful only for some time or maybe just immediately after its use. But when you want to get rid of it than these deodorants do not work. But when it comes to home remedies, they work like magic. They work slowly but have enduring effects. Here are the home remedies for body odor:
1.) Lemon to Remove Body Odor
Lemon is one of the most effective remedies for body odor. This home remedy works fantastically when it comes at fighting off the problem of body odor. Just follow the simple steps and get rid of body odors:
- Take a lemon and cut it into two. Squeeze the juice on your under arms from the half lemon and rub it well.
- You can also squeeze the juice in a bowl and apply it with the help of a cotton swab.
- Or, you can also mix with water and apply it on the under arms.
No matter what option you go for, using lemon will help you get rid of body odor easily. Just follow any of the remedy daily to get the best remedies.
2.) Tomatoes to Get Rid of Body Odor
Tomatoes, because of its anti-septic qualities, kill bacteria that causes sweat and thus it is one of the most potential home remedies for body odor removal. Here are the simple steps to use it:
- Crush eight tomatoes finely.
- Now extract the juice and discard the pulp.
- Mix the extracted juice in a bucket of water.
- Take a bath with water in the bucket.
- Repeat it daily to control the body odor.
3.) Baking Soda to Avoid Body Odor
Baking soda is one of the fantastic home remedies for body odor. It combats the bacteria and controls the sweat. Mix it with lemon juice or cornstarch and apply it on the under arms to get rid of the odor.
- Make a paste by mixing both soda and lemon juice.
- Apply it on the under arms before going for a bath.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash it off.
- Take a bath.
- Take some baking soda in a bowl.
- Add equal amount of cornstarch to it and mix well.
- Now apply the remedy on the underarms area and you get rid of body odor for long.
4.) Vinegar to Treat Body Odor
Vinegar is one of the amazing home remedies for body odors. It combats the bacteria that are responsible for the body odor. You can also use it as a natural deodorant. You can use it in different ways:
- Take vinegar in a bottle and spray it on your body.
- Soak a cotton swab in a bowl of vinegar and apply it on the under arms area.
- Mix it with water and take a bath.
- Don’t use it after shaving.
5.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Avoid Body Odor
Apple cider vinegar is also among the most wonderful home remedies for body odor. Undiluted apple cider vinegar works fantastically with body odor. What you have to do is:
- Take a bowl filled with apple cider vinegar.
- Soak a cotton swab in apple cider vinegar and apply it on the under arms.
- Leave it for sometime and then take a bath.
- Do it daily for best results.
- Add 2 teaspoon of apple cider vinegar to one glass of water.
- Consume the mixture before meals.
- You may also add honey to it in order to improve the taste.
- Drink it daily and you will notice the difference
6.) Rosemary Water to Get Rid of Body Odor
Rosemary water is also counted among the most fantastic remedies for body odor. It is known for its natural deodorant properties. When used topically, it is much more beneficial. What you have to do is:
- Take some rosemary leaves and dry them well.
- Boil some water on stove for some time.
- Add the dried leaves to the boiling water.
- Steep it for 5 minutes.
- Strain the water and discard the leaves.
- Add water to your bath.
7.) Wheat-Grass to Counter Body Odor
Have wheat-grass with water and get rid of the body odor problem. Wheat-grass has proven to be much beneficial body odor remover. It has the chlorophyll contents that battles the bacteria causing body odor. What you have to do is consume it in the morning when your stomach is empty. Add one spoon of wheat-grass juice to the water and drink it in the morning.
8.) Witch Hazel to Avoid Body Odor
Witch hazel lowers the pH value of the sikn and doesn’t allow the bacteria, causing body odor, to grow. It also shrinks the pores on the skin and thus controls the sweat production. It works as antiperspirants. Take witch hazel and dip a cotton ball in it. Apply it one under arms whenever you feel the odor.
9.) Cornstarch for Body odor
Corn starch is one of the common home remedies for body odor removal. It combats the bacteria and reduces sweating. You can apply corn starch directly on your body. You have to use it after taking a bath. Follow the steps to use it:
- Take a bath and pat dry yourself with the help of a towel.
- Now apply the cornstarch on your under arms.
10.) Home-Made Deodorants
Make a deodorant at your home. Use the given ingredients for the purpose: Five drops of Sage essential oil, Coriander essential oil, Lavender essential oil and 60 ml of distilled witch hazel. Take one stray top bottle as well. Mix all the ingredients well and pour it in the bottle. It is ready for use. Use it in place of chemical based deodorants.