In this article, we will talk about home remedies for boils. For some reason our films have a stereotypical image of how an ugly person looks. From any medieval era based story to a modern city one. The defined character would be a short, simple man with a hunch back and especially with boils all over his face and body. It for the very same reason that we disgust and stay away from people suffering from boils. We not only ridicule them but question their existence. But, the one thing that we don’t realize is that boils are like your ordinary skin problems which affect a great number of the world’s population today. It is neither contagious nor an evil.
Boils could be defined as a skin infection which results in red colour like lumps forming on the skin. It could range anything from being mild (small) to extreme (large). They start appearing on the hair follicles as red inflammations but then emerge in other parts of the body. With time there size may increase. Therefore to help you get rid of the scrutiny of the ignorant world we will talk about home remedies for boils.
Symptoms of Boils:
- Formation of lumps on skin.
- Pain on the affected area.
- Formation of more lumps over the original ones.
- The lymph nodes around the boils swell up.
Causes of Boils:
- Suffering from diabetes,
- Problems with the immune system,
- Poor Diet,
- No proper hygiene
- Contact with harsh chemicals that tend to irritate the skin.
Home Remedies for Boils Treatment
1.) Honey as a Home Remedy for Boils
The power of honey commands you. I wonder what is there that honey can’t help with. Yes that includes boils as well. Honey with figs is the combination that will help you get rid of this problem in no time. Simply, boil figs in warm water till they wear out. When this is done, add honey to lend out its boil removal properties. Apply the mixture over the affected area and wash after some time. You will notice immediate results.
2.) Turmeric as a Home Remedy for Boils
Not only does it add exotic flavours to your food, it is used all over the world for its herbal qualities. Turmeric forms an essential part of ayurveda, which is the ancient Indian art of medicinal healing. For boils, turmeric’s anti inflammatory properties come in handy. To create a boil relieving medicine using turmeric, follow the steps below:
- Mix turmeric powder with milk.
- Blend it together to form a paste like solution.
- Apply the paste all over the boils.
- If not milk then the same could be added with water and follow the same procedure.
- Wash the mixture after 20 minutes to notice improvement.
3.) Black Seed Caraway as a Home Remedy for Boils
This could be a considered a pioneer in boil treatment. Black seeds are known to boost the immune system of the body. The healthy properties of black seed could lead to a whole book being written about it. Used from over 2000 years for medicinal purposes this will help you with boils too. Mix black seeds with water to form a paste and then apply it directly.
If not the paste then consuming black seed oil can also prove to be beneficial. Just make sure to consume it on a regular basis.
4.) Salt Treatment as a Home Remedy for Boils
There is no way we could have missed this one, especially when we are talking about boils. Prepare a mixture of salt and water. Heat the whole mixture and eventually dip a clean cloth inside it. Apply the dipped cloth over the boil area. Keep the process going on unless you don’t notice some visible changes.
Another alternative to the same could be to take bath in a mixture of warm water, fused with Epsom salt. It acts effectively as well.
5.) Banana as a Home Remedy for Boils
I say if the minions love it. So should you. The peel of banana has skin rejuvenating properties which also includes a skin filled with boils. To treat the menace of boils using banana, apply the peel over the boil and fix it up there with a bandage. Leave it there overnight and the next morning wake up with a fresh new skin.
6.) Onion as a Home Remedy for Boils
Similar to the banana peel method, this one is equally effective. Mash up a freshly cut onion to form a paste like solution. Apply the onion paste over the boils and close it up with a bandage. Leave it overnight and see the amazing results by morning.
7.) Corn as a Home Remedy for Boils
Not that I sound corny but yes it actually helps. Corn has been used as a home remedy to treat boils for ages now. It surely takes it to time to work but is nonetheless effective. All you have to do is mix corn powder with water to form a paste. Apply the paste over the boil affected skin. Leave it there for overnight. As soon as you wake up, wash it up immediately. You would notice a nice new feel and boil free skin.
8.) White Toothpaste as a Home Remedy for Boils
No sir, neither I am a lunatic nor have I created my own remedy. Your everyday white toothpaste is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. It is a well known home remedy for burns and allergies. Well, add boils to its healing abilities. Simply, apply white toothpaste on the boil area and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash it later to notice the changes.
9.) Lemon as a Home Remedy for Boils
This method is especially dedicated to people dealing with boils on the head, inside the hair. Lemon could come in handy to treat the same. Just squeeze two freshly cut lemons to get their juice. Dip the juice all over the hair area where the boils exist. After some time wash the whole thing with a good quality shampoo. The results will start showing immediately.
10.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Boils
Garlic is believed to get rid of evil in many civilizations. I sure do believe boils is an evil. Garlic could be used to treat it by following the simple procedure.
- Cut two cloves of garlic and mash them up.
- Create a paste and apply it on the boils.
- Cover the paste with a bandage and leave it overnight.
- By morning wash it up to get rid of the ugly evil called boils.
11.) Tea Tree Oil to Treat Boils
The antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties of tea tree oil will give instant relief from the discomfort caused by boils. It fastens the healing process and is a 100% safe remedy. Tea tree oil can cause skin irritation so it is better that you try it on one particular patch of skin first. Follow the steps given below to get quick results.
- Soak a cotton ball in tea tree oil.
- Keep it on the boils for a few minutes.
- Repeat this remedy daily for a few weeks until you see improvement.
12.) Potatoes to Get Rid of Boils
The presence of B complex vitamins, magnesium, vitamin C, iron, phosphorous, and calcium in potatoes makes it a great remedy for boils. It also contains alkaloids, tannins and flavonoids, which are very good for the health of the skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of potatoes will give you relief from the pain caused by potatoes. Follow the steps given below to get rid of boils quickly.
- Cut thin slices of a potato.
- Place these slices on the boil and keep replacing it with the fresh ones.
- You can even mince a potato and extract its juice. Now, apply this juice on the boils with the help of a cotton ball. Do this atleast 5 times a day.
- Alternatively, cut a thick slice of potato and place it on your boil. Wrap it with a cloth so that the slice stays in place. Leave it for the whole night and remove it in the morning.
13.) Betel Leaves to Cure Boils
This herb used in many Indian rituals is also known for its medicinal properties. It contains chavicol due to which this herb is known for its powerful antiseptic properties. It also contains anti-fungal, protozoan and antibacterial properties which prevents infection and helps to get rid of any kind of pain and inflammation. This is an amazing remedy to heal boils completely. Follow the steps given below to cure boils quickly.
- Slighlty, warm one betel leaf.
- Apply a layer of castor oil on this warm betel leaf.
- Keep the leaf on the boil and make sure the oil is touching the boil.
- Wrap it with a cloth or bandage.
- Keep changing the leaves after regular intervals of time.
- Repeat this daily to drain the boil.
- Tear 2 to 3 betel leaves into small pieces.
- Mix half cup of water and boil them together for atleast 10 minutes.
- Now, allow it to cool down.
- Grind the leaves to make a thick paste.
- Apply this paste on the boils affected areas.
- Cover it with a bandage and leave it for a few hours.
- Repeat this remedy twice a day to see effective results.
14.) Warm Compress to Get Rid of Boils
This is one of the best remedies to treat boils at home. It is one of the easiest ways to reduce pain caused by boils. It softens the upper layers of the boil due to which it burst. Adding salt will speed up the healing process. This remedy only needs salt and water so there are no side effects. The warm compress will also bring out the pus from the boils. Follow the steps given below to get rid of boils.
- Boil a pot of water and add some salt.
- Soak a clean cloth in warm water and then squeeze the excess water out.
- Place the cloth over the boil for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Make sure that the warm compress is wet enough.
- Repeat these remedy 4 times a day to treat boils.
15.) Lilac to Cure Boils
This is one of the best home remedies to cure boils. The anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, antioxidant, antiviral, and anti-ulcer properties of lilac will cure the boils fast and instantly. Lilac is also known for its medicinal properties and is a great remedy to treat various skin conditions. Follow the steps given below to see the magical results yourself.
- Grind a handful of lilac leaves to make a paste.
- Apply this lilac paste on the boil affected areas of the skin.
- Wash the area after a few minutes.
- Repeat this once daily until you see the improvement.
- Alternatively, Boil 2 glasses of water and add a handful of lilac leaves. Continue boiling until it is reduced to half. Allow the water to cool down and now wash off your boils with this water.
16.) Burdock Root to Treat Boils
It is one of the best remedies to get rid of boils due to the blood purifying properties. It not only cures boils but other skin conditions also such as canker sore and acne. The anti-inflammatory properties reduce the pain and swelling caused by boils. It purifies the blood and keeps the infections at bay. Follow the steps given below to get rid of boils quickly.
- In 3 cups of water, add 2 tablespoons of chopped and fresh burdock roots.
- Bring this water to a boil and then keep the flame low for about 30 minutes.
- Strain it after 20 to 30 minutes.
- Now, wash your boils with this tea.
- Repeat this 4 to 5 times a day until the boil is gone.
Note: If you are having diabetes or if you are pregnant or breast feeding, then avoid taking burdock root.
17.) Castor Oil to Get Rid of Boils
This oil is being used from ages to treat skin diseases and other ailments. The ricinoleic acid in castor oil makes it a wonderful anti-inflammatory agent. The antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties make castor oil an effective remedy for boils. It strengthens the immune system and prevents the virus from entering the body. It treats boils by taking out the pus. Castor oil also provides relief from severe back pain and abdominal pain. Follow the steps given below to get rid of boils completely.
- Soak a cotton ball in castor oil.
- Place this cotton on the boil affected skin.
- Cover it with a cloth or bandage so that it stays in place.
- Next morning, remove the cotton and wash the area.
- Repeat this remedy until you get desirable results.
18.) Bread Poultice to Treat Boils
This is one of the best home remedies for treatment of boils. The bread poultice will reduce inflammation and produce more white blood cells to fight infection. It will also increase the blood circulation in this area. All you need to do is soak a piece of bread in warm milk. Place this piece of bread on the affected areas of the skin. Repeat this remedy twice a day to heal boil completely.