In this article we will discuss some of the best home remedies for cellulite. Cellulite refers to the condition in which fat is deposited beneath the skin. This accumulation of fat give your outer skin a dimpled and bumpy appearance. Generally, the accumulation of fat is more around the hips, thighs, buttocks. Being subcutaneous (under the skin) fat, it is more visible on the outer skin. Cellulite can affect both genders, but women are more prone to this condition. Approximately 90% women suffer from cellulite at some point in their life. It is may be because of a different type of fat and tissues as compared to men. When the protein fibers (Collagen) which connect fat to the skin breaks the fat cells, it bulges out giving a dimpled, lumpy look to the outer skin. Cellulite has nothing to do with the size of a person. Even a slim person can have cellulite. While, cellulite is not harmful, but it affects one’s appearance adversely. So, In order to get rid of this condition, we have mentioned some home remedies for cellulite which are quite easy and effective. But before moving on to remedies, let us know the types, causes and symptoms of cellulite.
Types of Cellulite:
1.) Soft Cellulite
In soft cellulite, skin is very soft to touch. It hangs and moves around easily as the cellulite is not attached to the muscles. Dimples are formed when the skin is pinched or squeezed. It usually affects people who are over 30. And, it is usually found on upper arms, legs, tummy.
2.) Hard Cellulite
In hard cellulite, skin is stiff to touch and not much movable. It is hard as it is close to the muscles. Such cellulite is difficult to get rid of. It is usually formed in people above 20. And, It is mainly found in the upper thighs. It pains when pinched or squeezed.
3.) Edematous Cellulite
Edematous cellulite is a painful type of cellulite condition. But, it is very rare in nature. Edematous cellulite is caused by swelling from circulatory difficulty, and water retention in the tissues. It is formed mainly on legs which appears swollen, puffy and springy.
Causes of Cellulite:
- Hormonal changes
- Metabolism rate
- Poor diet
- Lack of physical activities.
- Body weight
- Thickness and color of your skin.
Symptoms of Cellulite:
- Fat deposits under the skin.
- Uneven, dimpled, bulky appearance
- Dimple, bump in stomach, hips, thighs and buttocks.
- Thickening of skin
- Broken blood vessels
- Can bruise more easily.
- Increased sensitivity in the skin.
- Redness and inflammation
- Swelling and itching
Home Remedies for Cellulite Treatment
1.) Coffee Scrub as a Remedy for Cellulite
Don’t confine coffee to your cup. It can help in glowing complexion and minimizing cellulite. Quick and easy availability of it makes it one of the most effective home remedies for cellulite. Left over granules in your already brewed coffee can be used for preparing this scrub. Here is the method to do it.
- Take these granules and mix with some honey.
- Mix it well and apply on your affected skin.
- Scrub normally as you do.
- Exfoliate and wash when it’s done.
- Honey will help in reducing inflammation and soothing the skin.
- Coffee works as an antioxidants. It promotes circulation. And, caffeine present in it tightens, energizes and makes the skin smooth.
2.) Brushing as a Natural Cellulite Solution
Although medically it is not proven, but many people support that brushing the skin helps effectively in getting rid of cellulite. Brushing helps in promoting blood circulation in the area. It helps in opening skin pores and removing dead skin cells. Brushing is also among the best home remedies for cellulite.
- Remember to brush dry only and in a circular motion.
- Brush before you take a shower.
- Be Patient and brush gently to avoid inflammation and redness of the skin.
- Take a brush which suits you well.
- Choose that brush which is neither very hard nor very soft.
3.) Gelatin as a Remedy to Get Rid of Cellulite Fast
Gelatin is known to have various benefits like, it helps in promoting growth of skin, nail and hairs. It is very helpful for joint problems as well. Gelatin is also quite effective in improving digestion. It tightens skin, increases production of collagen, and helps in treating cellulite fast. Gelatin contains proteins and amino acid which are responsible for maintaining healthy function of the body. Here is the method to do it.
- Take homemade bone broth. It is rich in gelatin content.
- You can also add gelatin powder in your fruit snacks.
- You can also sprinkle it over your deserts.
- Plus, you can even prepare gelatin drinks by adding powdered gelatin to your smoothies, shakes.
4.) Apple Cider Vinegar for Cellulite Treatments
Apple cider vinegar or ACV is another one of the excellent home remedies for cellulite. ACV is known to be very useful in various skin disorders including cellulite. ACV helps reduce skin inflammation and redness caused by dehydration. There are various remedies you can try with apple cider to treat cellulites. These are listed below.
- Take 2 tsp of apple cider vinegar with 1 tsp of honey. Mix both with water.
- Drink it daily in the morning for 4 to 8 weeks to see the positive results.
- Blend apple cider and honey together.
- Using a cotton ball, apply this mixture directly on the affected skin.
- Honey gets under the skin easily when blended with apple cider vinegar.
- Follow this remedy daily for positive results.
5.) Lemon as a Remedy for Treating Cellulite Naturally
Lemon contains Vitamin C which helps in promoting collagen production. Lemon also helps in reducing irritation. It is also one of the best home remedies for cellulite.
- Simply squeeze out a fair amount of lemon juice.
- Apply this juice directly using a cotton ball in the cellulite prone skin area.
- You can add honey for increasing the effectiveness of this remedy.
- Rub the peeled lemon skin on the affected area directly to get rid of cellulite.
- Rubbing will help enhance the skin tone of the area.
6.) Aloe Vera as a Remedy for Treating Cellulite Fast
The healing properties of Aloe-Vera are well-known to every one. It has been in use for many decades. Aloe Vera helps with a range of skin issues. It helps in making skin soft and supple. It helps in soothing the skin from inflammation and redness as it have excellent cooling properties.
- Apply fresh Aloe-Vera extract on the skin surface with cellulite.
- Apply it 2-3 times daily for a few minutes.
- Regular application will give fast results.
- You can go for Aloe Vera cream as well.
7.) Omega-3 Fatty Acids as a Remedy for Cellulite
Consuming wrong kind of fats may also imbalance the fatty acids that is required by the body for soft and smooth skin and tissues. Consuming omega-3 fatty acids helps in minimizing cellulite condition and balance the fatty acids in the body.
- Omega 3 fatty acids can be found in fish, tuna and salmon, flax seeds, etc. in rich quantities.
- Eat such foods regularly to prevent cellulite naturally.
8.) Vitamin E Oil as a Natural Cellulite Solution
Vitamin E works as an excellent antioxidants. It helps to protect the body from the harmful effects of free radicals. Studies have found Vitamin E to be very helpful in repairing DNA, boosting immune system, and improving metabolism rate. As a result, it is considered to be one of the best home remedies for cellulite treatment. It helps flush out the toxins and helps eliminate fat deposits under the skin.
- Apply Vitamin E oil to the cellulite prone skin and massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Apply it twice a day for best results.
- You can even take Vitamin E tablet as per dosage.
9.) Green Tea to Get Rid of Cellulite Naturally
Green tea is a proven antioxidants. Green tea helps very effectively in promoting blood circulation. It also helps in improving metabolism rate. It helps maintain weight and burn fat. All these actions results in reduction of cellulite. There is a compound called Catechins present in green tea. Catechins help in detoxification of the body.
- Drink 3 to 4 cups of green tea every day in order to get rid of cellulite.
- Replace your tea or coffee with this herbal solution.
10.) Healthy Diet and Healthy Lifestyle
Finally, apart from above mentioned remedies, you should also change the eating habits and lifestyle in order to fight cellulite. Make a healthy, nutritious and a balanced daily routine for yourself. Follow it strictly.
- Exercise every day and take enough sleep.
- Avoid junk food and stress.
- Cut down on the consumption of salt and sugar.
- Drink Enough water to keep yourself hydrated.
- Eat protein rich food to minimize the probability of cellulite formation in your body.
- Eat healthy, stay healthy.