After writing, how to get rid of a cough?, we are now writing the home remedies for common cold. During common cold people suffers from chest congestion and runny nose. Coughing during the cold is also very common. Choosing the right remedy will give you fast relief from this aggravating viral disease. Our body can not resist all the viruses that cause cold and this is why it is common among human. There are more than two hundred different viruses that can cause the common cold. From the study, it was found that in 50% cases, cold is caused by rhinoviruses. We are providing some excellent home remedies for common cold below.
Symptoms of Common Cold:
Remedies for Common Cold Treatment:
1.) Spice Tea to Cure Common Cold
It is counted among the best remedies for common cold. Spices have great properties that can be used to heal an aggravating common cold. The spiced tea is delicious, warming and just a little bit spicy. Aromatic constituents such as capsaicin and piperine provide numerous healing benefits for common cold treatment.
- In a small bowl take following Spices, ¼ cups of ground and roast coriander seeds, 3/2 teaspoon of fennel seeds and cumin and ¼ teaspoon of fenugreek seeds.
- Now, add all the above in a cup of boiling water and then add grind roast and rock candy ½ teaspoon.
- Let it boil and then add ¼ cups of milk in the boiling mixer of water and spices.
- Leave it to boil for 2-3 minutes and then strain it.
- Drink the tea in a cup while it is hot.
2.) Chicken Soup to Treat Common Cold
Chicken soup is one of the most powerful home remedies for common cold. Chicken soup has got many vital nutrients and protein in it. Especially when it comes to the common cold, taking chicken soup is highly recommended. It will be better, if you make the chicken soup at home, as you can control the nutrient and antioxidant level. While making the soup, add some vegetables also for more advantage and for fast relief. Consume the soup while it is hot, otherwise, the effect will be diminished.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Avoid Common Cold
Apple cider vinegar can quickly clear off the symptoms of common cold. It is very rich in several vital nutrients that are good for your overall health and immunity.
- Take water in a bowl and put it on the medium flame to make it warm.
- To this warm water, add 2-3 teaspoons of unfiltered organic vinegar.
- Also, mix 1 teaspoon of honey and lemon juice to the solution.
- Drink this solution at least 3 times in a day and keep drinking it until you feel better.
- The solution will help you to reduce symptoms of common cold, sneezing, nasal congestion, headaches along with this it also boosts the immune system.
4.) Eucalyptus Oil to Get Rid of Common Cold
Echinacea has properties to decongestant the chest, which will help you to treat common cold fast and naturally. Echinacea is a natural herb that has been using by native Americans to treat cold from many centuries. Its effectiveness at reducing the duration of cold and flu symptoms make it one of the top natural remedies for common cold. The active ingredients are flavonoids, chemicals that have many healing effects on the body. It has a great ability to boost the immune system and reduce inflammation naturally. You can take one gram of Echinacea root as a tea three times daily. You should not take this more than a week.
5.) Steam Inhalation to Treat Common Cold
Steam is excellent in reducing inflammation and it also clear off the nasal passage, will give you relief from common cold.
- Take water in a medium sized bowl and bring it to boil on medium flame.
- Boil water until steam started coming out of the water.
- Add one teaspoon of carom seeds or 2-3 drops of peppermint oil in boiling water.
- Place the bowl on an even surface, add one teaspoon VapoRub in the hot water.
- Tilt face at a safe distance such that you are able to inhale the steam.
- Take a towel to isolate the surrounding and inhale the steam for about 8-10 minutes.
- You can repeat this twice a day, early in the morning and at night before going to sleep.
6.) Honey to Get Rid of Common Cold
Honey is one of the most incredible substance on the earth that has many benefits for human health. Honey is considered as the best remedy to cure irritated throat problem. Honey is an effective cough suppressant that can reduce the severity of cough symptoms in children and adults alike. Don’t give honey to the children younger than one year.
- Add one teaspoon of honey in one teaspoon of lemon.
- Take this mixture in an interval of two hours, this will do magic to eradicate your common cold.
7.) Ginger to Cure Common Cold
Ginger has antiviral and anti-inflammatory properties to cure a common cold. It can be taken in many from either with ginger tea or ginger juice.
- Prepare a ginger tea by adding crushed ginger, honey, and lemon juice.
- Have this tea early in the morning for more benefits.
- Ginger has been one of the best remedies since ancient times to treat the common cold.
- Take a fresh ginger piece, wash it, peel it and then crush the ginger root.
- Put the crushed ginger root onto a clean piece of cloth and press it to extract the juice.
- Extract at least 1-2 teaspoon of ginger juice and have it twice a day.
8.) Garlic to Get Rid of Common Cold
Garlic has antiviral and antibacterial properties that can be very helpful in treating common cold symptoms. Garlic is also good for your immune system and helps flush toxins out of your body naturally.
- Take one garlic cloves and make a paste in a small bowl by crushing it.
- In crushed garlic cloves add two teaspoons of lemon juice, one teaspoon of honey and ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Consume the mixture and repeat it till your symptoms subside.
- Alternately, Inhale the smell of 4-5 crushed garlic clove paste that’s coming out due to the crushing of garlic cloves.
- By smelling this paste, nasal passage any mucous or toxin will get clear off, and then you are able to control sneezing.
9.) Turmeric for Common Cold Treatment
Turmeric can cure a common cold, cough and sore throat by its herbal properties. To overcome the common cold, your immune should be boosted. Anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of turmeric make it a special remedy to get rid of common cold.
- Take honey in a bowl and add five teaspoons of turmeric powder mix it thoroughly.
- Put the mixer in an air tide container and store it. Take the mixture, at least, two times daily for fast result.
- Mixing one teaspoon turmeric powder in a glass of warm milk makes the immune system stronger and boosted.
- Turmeric supplement could also be taken after the recommendation from the doctor.
10.) Peppermint Oil to Avoid Common Cold
This is one of the most effective remedies for common cold. Peppermint is incredibly versatile essential oil, known as one of the oldest and highly regarded herbs for soothing common cold symptoms. The respiratory-related problem is a symptom of common cold. Peppermint is the excellent remedy for the treatment of blocked nose, sore throat, breathing problems etc. Take few drops of peppermint oil in a small bowl. Rub your feet, hands and temples with the oil properly. After applying the oil, sit relaxed for sometimes or do this before going to sleep.