After writing, how to grow hair long? Home remedies to treat hair thinning, and home made hair repair mask, now we are writing home remedies to cure hair fungus naturally. Any part of the human body can be can be haunt by the fungus, for example, the scalp, skin, feet, etc. Hair fungus is more common in children than adults. Ringworm is a common fungus which influences the scalp along with the hair. Thus, daily cleaning and gentle drying of the hair are basic necessities for the health of the air. It is important for us to take proper care of the scalp and hair by keeping them neat and clean. Never go out with wet hair to stay away from being affected by hair fungus.
Signs of hair fungus include severe itching even after washing the scalp on a regular basis. Any person can get a fungal disease, and in today’s dynamic lifestyle, they are fairly general. Read the article to learn the best home remedies to cure hair fungus. Read these related articles Home Remedies to Get Rid of Smelly Hair and How to Grow Hair Faster? on our website.
Factors that Contribute to Fungal Infection:
- A side effect of antibiotics.
- Weakened immune system.
- Living in a tepid environment.
- Poor blood circulation.
- Poor hygiene
- Skin injury
- Getting in touch with someone who is infected.
Best Home Remedies to Cure Hair Fungus Naturally:
1.) Applying Castor Oil to Cure Hair Fungus
One can cure and reduce hair fungus by using castor oil all over the infected area. It needs to be applied regularly as the treatment does not provide instant relief and will unveil the results over time. While applying the oil, avoid touching the infected area directly with the hands. As castor is very beneficial for hair growth. Cotton balls can be used for the application of castor oil.
- The oil should be applied to the infected area.
- This is one of the most effective remedies to cure hair fungus.
- While having a shower, all the hair locks should be washed well with cold water.
- Make sure the oil must also be washed off neatly.
- The next step is to dry your hair as the fungus grows rapidly in a wet environment and can also be infectious at the same time.
2.) Drinking Natural Juice to Treat Hair Fungus
Nutrients like vitamins have the potential to combat the fungus. Therefore, a huge amount of natural fruit juice, consists of vitamins, is an essential part of the hair fungus treatment. Read here Best vitamins for hair fall control.
- Homemade juices made from cucumbers, carrots and Aloe Vera are also a positive option.
- If natural juice is not available, one can also opt for supplements such as B complex, folic acid and Vitamin E etc.
- Including these juices in your daily diet will help to cure hair fungus naturally.
3.) Tea Tree Oil to Avoid Hair Fungus Naturally
Tea tree oil along with extracts of black walnut and grapes is one of the most helpful remedies to cure hair fungus. This is because Tea Tree oil has natural anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties which help to fight the infection and speed up the recovery process. It is one of the essential oils for hair to treat the fungus infection. Read the benefits of tea tree oil.
- Simply prepare a mixture using both the elements.
- Apply it on the affected area.
- Allow it to rest for eight hours.
- Wash it off with lukewarm water.
- Do it daily for best results.
- The hair strands must not be disturbed once the mixture is applied.
- Regular usage of this remedy for a few weeks will slowly decrease the inflammation and itching caused by the fungus.
4.) Homemade Margosa to Reduce Hair Fungus
This is one of the best remedies to cure hair fungus fast. It is because Margosa has natural anti-bacterial and hair conditioning properties that will help to treat hair fungus and will also meet your scalp’s nutritional requirements, thus making it as an effective home remedy to cure hair fungus naturally. Margosa also makes your hair thicker.
- Collect the Margosa herb, then boil a handful of this herb after cleaning it well.
- After boiling the mixture, allow it to cool down before applying on the head.
- The scalp needs to be softly massaged after application of the Margosa combination.
- Leave this mixture on your head for a few minutes.
- Repeat it on a daily basis and you will have the positive results.
5.) Apply the Juice of Fig Leaves to Prevent Hair Fungus
This home-based remedy help reduce hair fungus problem effectively. It is because of the presence of Vitamins A and E in addition to its natural antioxidant properties which prove to be beneficial for the skin of your scalp. It makes the scalp healthy also meets up with its necessary mineral requirements. This is one of the most successful remedies to cure hair fungus. Read here the food which are rich in Vitamin A.
- Bring some fig leaves from the nearby store and clean them under fresh water.
- Extract the juice by grinding 4-5 leaves.
- Juice should be applied directly over the affected area.
- Repeat the remedy regularly to cure hair fungus naturally.
6.) Apply Vinegar to Treat Hair Fungus Fast
You can directly apply vinegar to the affected area. It helps diminish the fungal infection and prevent from further growth. This is because of its natural anti-bacterial properties that kill the fungus causing infection and also cure the infection. It also one of the home remedies for itchy scalp.
- All you are needed to do is, take two full cups of vinegar and boil it.
- Let it cool, before applying.
- Add some cooled vinegar with water.
- Wash your hair with this solution before applying any mild shampoo or conditioner.
- Repeat this remedy regularly to cure hair fungus, naturally ans effectively.
7.) Using Anti-Fungal Shampoos to Reduce Hair Fungus
If you are suffering from the hair fungus issue, it is important to choose a shampoo which has anti-fungal elements. The common anti-fungal ingredients are Zinc pyrithione, Selenium sulphide, etc. These ingredients help reduce fungus infection. This will prove to be one of the best remedies for dandruff and hair fungus.
- Deeply massage the hair locks and also the affected area after applying this shampoo.
- Diffusion of the ingredients into the hair roots and scalp is useful.
- Hence, one must keep it for 5-6 minutes after application.
- After washing it off, one must reapply it for quick release.
- This shampoo should be applied daily until and unless the infection is vanished.
8.) Drink Enough Water to Cure Hair Fungus
Drinking enough water is an essential part of our daily routine. It can help you to eliminate not only the fungus, but it can also boost your hair growth. Water helps to keep your body hydrated and also reduce dryness and itching on the scalp.
- Generally, one should drink 7-8 glass of water daily to keep the body away from many infections and other diseases as well.
- It is not only helpful for hair, but also for your skin. It makes your skin radiant and healthy.
- So do not forget drinking enough water daily.
- It is also counted among the most effective remedies to cure hair fungus.
9.) Raw papaya to Cure Hair Fungus Fast
This is one of the best remedies to get rid of hair fungus and fungus infections fast. Papaya is considered good for hair and skin and its extracts are also said to be included in various skin and hair products, especially shampoos. Also, people have been using papaya for ages, thus making it as an age-old remedy to get rid of hair problems including hair fungus.
- To try this method, simply crush some papaya to make a paste.
- Apply this paste on your hair directly.
- Leave it for drying.
- Rinse it with a normal shampoo.
- Apply this paste twice a day to get rid of hair fungus completely.
- Another option is to apply a paste of water and papaya seeds.
- This remedy can also be used on children.
10.) Baking Soda to Get Rid of Fungus Naturally
Baking soda consists of many health remedies. It helps to eliminate dandruff and also reduces hair fall. Baking soda helps in flaking off the scalp which eliminates all the dead skin cells from the scalp. It also helps to kill the bacteria or fungus, thus preventing further development of dandruff. Generally, fungus occurs on scalp whenever there are chances of dandruff, thus leads to a foul-smell from the scalp. The tiny particles of baking soda help in reducing all loose flakes and fungus.
- To try this method, you need a cup of water.
- Now, add a few drops of rosemary oil and one tsp of baking soda.
- Mix the baking soda in lukewarm water.
- You can mix this with your regular shampoo and apply it directly on the scalp.
- Rosemary oil has a pleasing smell and helps to keep away the bad smell of excessive dandruff.
- Massage the scalp gently for at least 10-15 mins.
- Rinse it off after an hour.
- Repeat this process for a few days to cure hair fungus naturally.
11.) Garlic to Remove Fungus Naturally
Garlic is very effective in removing hair fungus naturally. As it contains a strong antifungal compound called allicin. The compound removes the infection from its root, especially when the fungus is candida. You can add honey in garlic paste as it will help in antifungal activities. Honey soothes the skin and reduces swelling with its anti-inflammatory properties.
- You need take 6 garlic cloves, crush them and let them sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Add 5-6 tablespoons of honey in the paste and mix well.
- Apply the mixture on your scalp and give gentle massage for a minute or two.
- Leave the mixture on hair for 10 minutes and then rinse off with water.
- Use hair shampoo to remove the hair pack properly.
12.) Listerine to Get Rid of Hair Fungus
The product contains large number of antimicrobial properties. It contains key components like thympol, eucalyptol and menthol that kills the fungus and also treat the infection.
- Take half cup of listerine and halfcup of lukewarm water.
- Wash your hair with shampoo and rinse off the shampoo thoroughly.
- Dry the excessive water from your scalp.
- Take a bowl, mix the listerine and warm water and pour it on your scalp.
- Give a gentle massage on your scalp for a minute or two.
- Wash your hair with lukewarm water then cool water.
- Blow dry your hair.
13.) Lemon for Hair Fungus
Lemon contains acids which work like antifungal agents for the hair fungus. Apart from curing the infection, lemon also kills any other microorganism that will cause damage to your scalp and hair.
- Take 3-4 tablespoons of lemonjuice and 1 cup of warm water.
- Add lemon juice in warm water and use this as rinse after washing your hair.
- Follow this up with cool water rinse to close the pores of your scalp.
14.) Control Scratching to Prevent Hair Fungus Fast
One must know the truth that, scratching the infected area leads to further infection instead of reducing it. Also, your finger nails can further damage the scalp’s skin. The fungus can even get stuck to your fingers, eventually spreading to other parts of your body. Thus, one must be careful enough to not to scratch the infected area even if it itches in excess. Keeping a proper personal cleanliness along with keeping the entire body clean, safe and dry can help lessen this infection.
15.) Maintain Personal Hygiene to Get Rid of Hair Fungus
The person infected by hair fungus must be cautious in the maintenance of personal hygiene. One must not share things like pillows, brushes, hair combs, towels, etc. with others. Also, must not use these from others as well.This is because hair fungus can transfer from an infected person to the other.