This article is about different home remedies to cure reducing gums. Reducing gum is a type of gum disease, which causes loss of gum tissues. Reducing gum is responsible for making the tooth roots exposed. Reducing gum is also known as gingival recession or receding gums. Usually, people suffering from gum receding don’t even notice the problem during the initial stage. This is due to the slow process of the condition. Receding gum can be a first indication of a gum disease. This receding of gums creates a gap between the teeth and gum line. One needs to look for the symptoms in order to know whether he/she is suffering from gingival recession. If the person notices the symptoms timely, he/she may not need to visit the dentist. Below you can find a list of some simple home remedies to cure reducing gums. With the help of these remedies, you can treat the condition safely at home using natural ingredients.
Causes of Reducing Gums:
Symptoms of Reducing Gums:
- Increased teeth sensitivity
- Plaque build up
- Swollen gums
- Exposed root
- Smelly breath
- Bleeding of gum
Remedies to Cure Reducing Gums:
1.) Lemon Oil to Cure Reducing Gums
Lemon is considered to have mild antiseptic properties and also some powerful antibacterial qualities. Applying lemon directly on the tooth is not advised as it can cause sensitivity to your gums. It may also decay the enamel. Instead, you can prepare lemon oil. Lemon oil can be prepared by mixing lemon juice with olive oil and leaving it for a few weeks.
You can use this lemon oil for swishing your mouth every morning. Lemon oil is useful for eliminating all the bacteria present in your mouth. It also prevents tooth decay and gum receding. Lemon is also responsible for the formation of tissue because of its Vitamin C contents. Therefore, it can even help reverse receding gums.
2.) Coconut Oil to Cure Reducing Gums
Coconut oil has an antimicrobial qualities which make it an excellent home remedy to treat receding gums and the reason responsible for it. It will also prevent tooth decay. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Use Coconut Oil:
- You can use coconut oil as a mouthwash.
- After brushing your teeth, take sufficient amount of coconut oil in your mouth and swish for a few minutes, reaching all around in your mouth.
- Spit it out after a few minutes.
- Swishing with coconut oil will discourage bacteria and germs to take shelter in your mouth.
3.) Green Tea to Cure Reducing Gums
Green tea benefits are not hidden from anyone. Green tea is one of the most exploited home remedies for many health ailments. Green tea has fine antioxidant properties. It helps to prevent your teeth from damage. It reduces inflammation in the gums. It also helps in eliminating bacteria from the mouth that are responsible for periodontal problems. As a result, it helps to cure reducing gums effectively.
Directions to Use Coconut Oil:
- Drink a cup of green tea every morning to make your teeth and gums stronger.
- You can also add honey to it for taste and added benefits.
- Drink 2 to 3 cups of green tea every day for other health benefits.
4.) Clove oil to Repair Receding Gums Naturally
Clove oil is widely used for many oral diseases, especially for toothache. Apart from treating toothache clove oil also works as an excellent disinfectant agent. Its antibacterial qualities helps to eliminate germs from the mouth fast. It also reduces swelling of gums due to its anti-inflammatory properties.
Directions to Use Clove Oil:
- Simply apply clove oil on your gums and massage for a few minutes.
- Massage daily for 2 to 3 times to cure reducing gums.
- Alternatively, you can also chew a clove to treat any periodontal disease.
5.) Tea Tree Oil to Cure Reducing Gums
Tea tree oil works as a perfect mouthwash for swishing. Tea tree oil helps prevent the recession of gums and damaged root effectively. Tea tree oil should not be used without diluting first as it may damage your enamel and decay tooth. This oil is also a strong antibacterial and a microbial agent that helps to destroy bacteria and germ present in the mouth. It discourages plaque buildup in your teeth and between the gums.
Directions to Use Tea Tree Oil:
- Dilute a sufficient part of tea tree oil with water.
- Fill your mouth with the solution and swish for a few minutes.
- Spit it out and repeat 2-3 times.
- do this regularly to reverse gum receding.
6.) Eucalyptus Oil as Reducing Gums Natural Treatment
Eucalyptus oil is a an excellent essential oil which is quite helpful in killing the germs present in the mouth. The eucalyptus oil also puts a stop to tooth decay and gum diseases which are responsible for receding gums. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce swelling of gums fast.
Directions to Use Eucalyptus Oil:
- Dilute some eucalyptus oil in the water.
- Massage with this diluted oil for a few minutes into your gums.
- Massaging will help to cure reducing gums caused due to bacterial action.
- Do not forget to rinse off your gums with water after massaging.
- Regular application of this oil will promote the formation of new tissue growth which will help reverse receding gums.
7.) Sesame Oil as Reducing Gums Natural Treatment
Sesame oil is another natural substitute for your mouthwash. Swishing with sesame oil in the morning will help get rid of toxic substances and plaque build up in teeth and between the gums. As this plaque build up or toxic substance can also be responsible for causing gum receding.
Directions to Use Sesame Oil:
- Just take a 1/4th cup of sesame oil and swish your mouth with this oil for a few minutes.
- Spit it out afterwards.
- Rinse your mouth with water.
- Do this every morning to get rid of reducing gums fast and naturally.
8.) Aloe Vera to Stop Reducing Gums Naturally and Fast
Aloe Vera has an excellent anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties. It is known for treating different body ailments whether it is internal or external. In gum receding condition, Aloe Vera helps prevent infection and heals damaged gums. It is also useful to treat cavities. Here is the method.
Directions to Use Aloe Vera:
- Just extract gel from some fresh Aloe Vera leaves.
- Brush with this extracted gel twice a day.
- You can also use Aloe Vera gel as a mouthwash in the morning and after your meals.
- Brushing and washing the mouth with Aloe Vera gel prevents tooth decay and also helps to cure reducing gums.
9.) Rose Vinegar to Stop Reducing Gums Naturally
Rose vinegar is quite helpful in making your gums stronger. Rose vinegar can be used as a mouthwash. Being acidic in nature, rose vinegar prevents bacterial infection. Here is the method to do it.
Directions to Use Rose Vinegar:
- Take half cup of rose petals and soak them in vinegar solution.
- Keep them soaked in it for a week.
- Strain it after a week.
- Take 1 tsp of prepared rose vinegar and add it in a cup of warm water.
- Swish every morning with this water for a few minutes to stop reducing gums.
10.) Sumac Tree as a Natural Remedy for Reducing Gums Treatment
Sumac tree is considered to have astringent properties that are quite helpful to treat receding gums. It encourages gums and also maintains dental hygiene. It keeps your teeth clean, prevents from decaying and damaging.
Directions to Use Sumac:
- Take a sumac stem and peel the outer layer completely.
- Now, rub the inner portion of the stem gently on your teeth and around the gums to cure reducing gums naturally.