In this article, we will talk about the home remedies for curing constipation in infants. For a mother, there is nothing more to her than the little one. The infant requires great care. He always has to be immune to all kinds of diseases and health problems. One of the most frequent problems that affects babies is constipation. Nothing can be more painful for a baby if there is no bowel movement. The babies painful tears are the last thing that the parents want to see. Constipation in babies mostly occurs when solid food is introduced to their diet. It could also be a result of some kind of stomach infection. To cure constipation in infants, home remedies are among the best options. But it is still advised to consult your doctor. Here we present to you some of the finest remedies for the same. So that your baby smiles and laughs again. Read the article and know the best home remedies for curing constipation in infants.
Home Remedies for Curing Constipation in Infants:
1.) Olive Oil as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Olive oil is more than just a healthy cooking oil. It can also help relieve constipation. It’s not really unexpected when you consider olive oil’s viscosity. It helps your digestive system to release the bowel by regulating the colon. For adults consuming olive oil directly can work. Bur for infants, it is advised to mix it up with the appropriate solution. Give it to them first thing in the morning.
2.) Castor Oil as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Another oil that is most commonly used as a remedy for relieving constipation in infants is castor oil. For this one, all you have to do is just follow the steps below:
- Dip the stalk of the betel leaf in castor oil.
- Now place it in the rectum of the baby.
- There will be instant relief and smooth bowel movement.
3.) Milk as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
While milk is not advised for adults during digestive problems, it works well for kids. Just follow the simple steps below and relive your little one of the misery:
- Take a glass of milk and add 3 teaspoons of honey.
- Stir the solution well and give it to your infant on an empty stomach.
- Stools will be able to pass easily.
4.) Massage as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Massaging your baby’s tummy is another useful remedy for curing constipation in babies. The massage is known to stimulate bowel movements. They can even relieve the gas and the pain associated with the condition is also treated well. Follow these steps below for the right massage technique:
- Put your baby in a reclining position.
- Apply warm olive oil on your baby’s stomach.
- With a two finger gaps away from the navel, gently massage the stomach in a clockwise direction for some time.
- Massage several times a day, until your child is relieved of constipation.
5.) Heat Treatment as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
A nice relaxing warm bath can help get rid of constipation in babies. It serves by relieving the body efficiently and helps brings relief from gas pain. Just follow these steps to help your baby get rid of constipation:
- Fill up your baby’s bathtub with lukewarm water.
- Immerse your baby in the water.
- Give a soothing tummy massage when you are done.
- There will be immediate relief.
6.) Apple Juice as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Apple juice has a mild laxative influence which you can give to your baby. For the infant, a small quantity will help get rid of constipation as it has a mild laxative effect. It also contains pectin that promotes regular bowel movements. Make sure not to over do it for it can have its side effects. Also, note that apple juice should not be replaced with applesauce as it is harmful for constipation treatment.
7.) Brown Sugar as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Research has shown that brown sugar can be used to treat constipated in infants. It promotes the softening of the stool. So, the bowel movement can be smooth. To use it effectively, follow the steps below:
- Just add brown sugar in boiled water.
- Stir the mixture well until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Give this liquid to your baby at least 3 times a day, before providing any solid food.
8.) Lubrication as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Lubrication can help ease the colon and can provide a smooth passage for the bowel movement. It has constantly been one of the most common home remedies for this condition in adults. Follow the steps below, to use a the lubricant treatment:
- Apply a water-based lubricant to your baby’s anus.
- Let it ease the anal passage, and wait for it to smoothen up the problem.
- Bowel will move out smoothly after some time.
9.) High Fiber Foods as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
A diet high on fiber help soften the stools by absorbing more water. The water makes them heavier and makes it easier to pass. For infants that have been introduced to a solid food based diet, high fiber foods can help. You could include any of the following foods for your baby to get him his intake of fiber:
- Fruits and vegetables like broccoli, pears, and apples are effective
- Try baby cereals that are known to contain barley or bran.
10.) Raisins as a Home Remedy for Curing Constipation in Infants
Raisins act as natural laxatives which are known to ease constipation in infants by smoothening up the stool to move freely. Give them to you infants by using the following procedure:
- Just soak some raisins in water and keep them soaked overnight.
- Mash them well in the morning and add a little water to make a paste.
- Give the raisin liquid to infant and he will be free from constipation.