In this article, we will tell you about home remedies for cystic acne treatment. Cystic acne is a form of acne which is on the face. It is the most stern form of acne. Cystic acne is not very common than the other acne. The main factor behind cystic acne is hormonal change. It occurs mostly in teenagers, but adults also face this problem. Cystic acne disturbs emotionally because it appears on the face. Acne is a condition of the skin, mainly affecting the face and neck portion of the body. In acne the skin pores get blocked due to the extra oil in oil glands resulting in inflamed and infected pores.
Types of Cystic Acne
1.) Acne Mechanica- It refers to the acne of the skin caused by irritation. The skin on your face is soft and susceptible to acne breakouts caused by irritation. Using of face creams, face scrubs and pollution causes side-effects and irritation of skin leading to cyst acne. The list is more even the shaving blade and sweat causes cyst acne.
2.) Hormonal Acne- It is the core cause for the overproduction of oil that repeatedly triggers breakouts and has also been linked to the overproduction of skin cells that leads to closed pores. Acne is also caused by diet, stress, reaction to skin creams or exposure to toxins. But, the main reason is the triggering of hormones.
Home Remedies for Cystic Acne:
1.) Egg White for Cystic Acne
The protein present in Egg White helps in lowering the inflammation of the pores and irritation of skin. It also consists of riboflavin which clears acne and make skin smooth and healthy.
- Apply 1-2 Egg White to the affected area of your face.
- Leave it for 10 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Repeat the process after regular intervals for best results.
2.) Coconut Oil to Cure Cystic Acne
Coconut oil is a good example of hydrating agent. Coconut oil has properties to fight bacteria and heal the inflammation, which help in lowering acne. Coconut oil is easily available in the market.
- Take a few drops of coconut oil on a cotton swab or on your fingertips to apply on the affected area before going to sleep.
- Rinse your face softly in the morning.
- Repeat the process regularly until results are seen.
3.) Mango Paste to Treat Cystic Acne
Mango, the king of fruits is also king of home remedies. It is used for centuries because of its soothing powers. Mangoes helps in opening blocked pores, leaving skin smooth and glowing. You can also use papaya for cyst acne. The procedure is same for mango and papaya.
- Extract the pulp of a ripe mango or papaya.
- Mix it with water and apply to the affected area.
- Leave for 10 minutes and wash with water.
- You will feel refreshed and the result will be visible from next day only.
4.) Facial Steam as Home Remedy for Cystic Acne
Facial steam helps to open the blockages and eliminates dirt present in the skin surface. Remove any kind of face cream or face mask you have applied before steam otherwise it will cause more irritation and pain in acne. Five minutes of steam is sufficient for the opening of blockages.
- Take a bowl of hot water or an electronic steamer.
- Sit near the bowl and cover your head and face with a towel in a way that the steam doesn’t get out.
- Take 5 minutes to steam. Dry your face with soft cloth afterwards.
- Repeat for 2 times in a day.
5.) Apple Vinegar to Cure Cystic Acne
Apple vinegar has properties of antibacterial and anti-inflammatory. It is one of the best remedy for cystic acne and not only for Cyst acne. Apple vinegar manages the pH of your body which destroys the acne breakouts.
- Take a warm glass of water mix 2 tablespoons apple vinegar and take it daily.
- The other way of using it is made a toner to apply to your face.
- Mix the apple vinegar with water and spray every night on your face before going to sleep.
6.) Mint Leaves for Cystic Acne
Mint leaves provide a soothing effect to the Cyst acne. Mint contains menthol which has natural properties like analgesic and an anti-inflammatory agent. This will help in lowering the swelling due to acne and pain.
- Crush a good amount of mint leaves into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on your acne affected areas and leave for at least 15 minutes.
- Wash off with water and apply this after every 2-3 hours.
7.) Clay Masks for Cystic Acne
Clay is a gift of nature that helps in removing the dead cells and dirt on the skin. This dirt causes blockage of pores resulting in acne. Clay absorbs the extra oil of oil glands. It also helps to stop the over-drying of your skin. There are numerous remedies for cystic acne but it is one of the easiest remedies for cystic acne.
- Take a bowl, add two teaspoons each of clay and rose water.
- Apply the paste on your face where acne is present.
- Wash it after it dries up.
- Repeat the process at regular intervals.
8.) Turmeric Paste to Cure Cystic Acne
Turmeric is an integral part of Ayurveda and Ayurvedic medicines. It is used for a variety of health diseases including skin problems. Turmeric contains Curcumin that has anti-septic and anti-inflammatory properties. Turmeric can be used on burns also, it works by dehydrating the pores.
- Take a bowl, add 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder and mix it with water to make a paste.
- Apply this paste to your face and neck areas. Leave it for one hour or the whole night.
- Wash it with water next morning and feel the difference.
9.) Margosa Leaves to Treat Cure Cystic Acne
Margosa is the other name of Indian Lilac and is in use for centuries to cure skin diseases. Margosa works from inside by detoxifying and purifying the blood. Margosa has anti-bacterial properties that can cure cystic acne in a fast manner. There are many ways of using Margosa leaves.
- You can apply the margosa oil directly on your face.
- Chew fresh leaves of margosa in the morning.
- Make a paste of the leaves by crushing them, with little water. Apply the paste on the face and let it for 30 minutes. Wash it with normal water.
- Take some margosa leaves, boil them in water for about 10 minutes. Let it cool down, strain it and have it.
10.) Juniper Oil for Cystic Acne
Juniper oil is a best remedy for cystic acne. It is extracted from the Juniper tree has effective properties that help in making your skin smooth and fresh by working on skin follicles. Juniper oil is very strong and thus diluted with carrier oil and used in small quantities. It helps in fighting with bacteria causing Cystic acne.
- Mix the drops of juniper oil with the carrier oil.
- Clean your face with cotton.
- Pour a few drops of mix oil on your palm and gently massage on acne affected area of your face.
- Massage regularly for best result.
11.) Tea Tree Oil to Get Rid of Cystic Acne
Tea tree oil is a natural treatment for skin problems like cystic acne. The oil has capability to go deep inside easily into the skin to get relief from blocked sebaceous glands, dry out the acne and disinfect pores. It is quite an effective home remedies for cystic acne.
- Put 2 to 3 drops of tea tree oil onto a cotton swab and apply it softly on the affected area.
- Wait for a few minutes. Applying before going to bed is more beneficial.
- Follow the method for a few days to get rid of cystic acne fast.
- You can also, add 3 to 4 drops of tea tree oil in a spoon of pure honey.
- Apply this straight to the cystic area, let rest for a few minutes and then clean it off with water.
- You can use any of the remedies once daily for a week.
12.) Baking Soda to Cure Cystic Acne
Baking soda is another popular home remedies for cystic acne because of its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties. It helps to pull out the surplus oil from blocked pores as well as remove dead skin cells. It helps to manage the pH level of your skin to make it glowing and healthy. It is one of the simplest remedies for cystic acne.
- Add a spoon of baking soda with cucumber juice to form a fine paste.
- You can use plain water instead of cucumber juice if you don’t have.
- Apply it on the cystic acne area.
- Let it rest for a few minutes and then clean it with lukewarm water.
- Follow this for a few days to get visible results.