After writing, how to get rid of dark circles?, how to get rid of bags under eyes?, and how to get rid of puffy eyes?, we are now writing home remedies for dark circles under the eyes. Dark color appears under the eyes is referred as dark circles. Dark circles are also known as dark rings or shadows. Dark circles can emerge on both men and women of different age groups. They look very ugly and fade your personal appearance. Dark circles are not a serious skin disorder, but they show that the person is tired, exhausted, unhealthy and older. There are different ways to get rid of dark circles, to know more read the article.
Causes Behind Dark Circles:
- Dry skin
- Unhealthy Diet
- Lack of Sleep
- Mental or Physical Stress
- Working Long in front of Computer
Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
1.) Use Cucumber for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Cucumber have properties to remove dead skin cells and skin lightning. The dark circles present under the eyes are slowly removed by the cucumber astringent properties. They are refreshing and soothing for the skin.
- Grind a cucumber into a fine paste.
- Apply the paste under your eyes and rub gently for 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
2.) Potato as a Home Remedy for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Potato contain natural agents that help to lower down the puffiness under the eyes. The bleaching agents of potato help in lightning dark circles.
- Use a grinder to extract the juice of the potato. Soak a cotton swab in the juice and apply under your eyes. Allow the juice to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Wash it off with cold water.
- The other way is to cut the potatoes into thick pieces and apply it on your dark circles. Rest it for 30 minutes. You can feel the difference in a few days.
3.) Rose Water to Treat Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Rose water helps to refresh the eyes and rejuvenates the under skin of the eye. It has mild astringent properties and it is also known as a good skin toner.
- Soak cotton swabs in rose water for 5 minutes.
- Apply the soaked cotton swabs on your closed eyes.
- Rest it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Follow this method two times in a day.
4.) Almond Oil to Cure Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Almond oil is rich in vitamin E which removes dark circles under the eyes. It is in use for centuries due to its soothing powers. It is very helpful for soft skin around the eyes. Applying regularly will remove dark circles in a few days.
- Apply almond oil before going to bed.
- Gently massage for a few minutes.
- Wash it with cold water next morning.
- Do it regularly until dark circles under the eye disappear.
5.) Lemon Juice for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Lemon is a citrus fruit which contains a high amount of vitamin C. Vitamin C help in removing dark circles under the eyes due to its skin lightening properties.
- Take some lemon juice in a bowl.
- Apply the juice with the help of cotton swab around your eyes.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Apply this daily for few days.
6.) Coconut Oil to Treat Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Coconut oil has properties to fight bacteria and remove dark circles effectively. It is easily available in the market. Gently massage the under portions of your eyes to remove dark circles. It also works as a moisturizing agent and make skin soft and shiny. It makes you look younger as it prevents wrinkles and fine lines under the eyes.
- Take a few drops of coconut oil on your palm.
- Use your fingertips to massage under eyes for a few minutes.
- Repeat after every 4 to 5 hours in a day.
7.) Tea Bags as a Home Remedy for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Tea contains caffeine and antioxidants, which are highly useful in getting rid of dark circles as well as swelling under the eyes. Tannins present in the tea helps in removing dark color and reducing swelling of the eyes.
- Take two tea bags and place them in refrigerator for an hour.
- Place tea bag on both eyes for 10 minutes.
- Remove it and rinse your face.
- Repeat it two times in a day for a few days.
8.) Turmeric for Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Turmeric plays an integral role in Ayurvedic medicines because of its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that can help reduce dark circles. Turmeric will make your under eye skin smooth, soft and moisturized.
- Make a paste by mixing two teaspoons of turmeric powder and some pineapple juice.
- Apply this paste to affected areas of your eyes.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes at least and rinse it off with cold water.
- Use paste regularly for a few days and see the difference.
9.) Ice Packs to Treat Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Ice is the cheapest way to cure itching and inflammation caused by the dark circles. It has the property to bring instant relief to swelling. Follow an easy manner to get rid of dark circles.
- Take 2 to 3 cubes of ice in a piece of cloth.
- Apply to the under eye dark circles for a few minutes.
- Apply two times in a day.
- The other way is you can soak a piece of cloth in cold water or cold milk.
- Rest it for a few minutes on your eyes.
10.) Aloe Vera to Cure Dark Circles Under the Eyes
Aloe Vera has the anti inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It fights out the bacteria and infection and helps in soothing the skin caused by dark circles under the eyes. Aloe Vera gel is easily available in any store. Apply the gel directly on your sunburn it will lower the inflammation, itchiness.
- If you have an Aloe Vera plant in your home.
- Then take fresh gel from it by peeling out the leaf.
- Massage gently with the gel below your eyes for few minutes. Rinse it with cold water after massaging.
- Applying fresh gel is more effective.
11.) Baking Soda to Cure Dark Circles
Baking Soda has anti-inflammatory and bleaching properties. It clears the dead skin cells and the infection from the under eyes. It also protects the skin from harmful UV rays and environmental pollution. Follow an easy way to lower the dark circles.
- Take a spoon of baking soda in a bowl and mix it with two spoons of water to form a paste.
- Soak a cotton swab in the paste.
- Use cotton swab to gently massage the under eyes.
- Follow it daily two times in the morning and the evening.