In this article, we will discuss the home remedies for dark elbows and knees. Deficiency of vitamins, minerals and protein triggers the dark knees and elbow. You should check your diet to make sure that you are having sufficient amount of the exfoliants. Dark elbows and knees can make you mentally sick, as it looks very embarrassing. Skin tone enhances your beauty but having dark knees and elbows can withdraw it. The skin around the knees and elbow usually has more folds than its surrounding skin. These areas tend to dry much more than any other part of the body due no oil glands in these areas. In the absence of proper care and hygiene, these areas become much darker than other parts of the body. Some additional factors that lead to dark elbows and knees are overexposure to the sun, frequent rubbing, genetic factors, hormonal imbalance, obesity, dry skin, dead skin buildup and increased melanin pigment.
Remedies for Dark Elbows and Knees:
1.) Gram Flour to Avoid Dark Elbows and Knees
Gram flour is one of the best home remedies for dark elbows and knees as it contain essential vitamins, proteins, and minerals. These components easily exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells and blemishes
- In a medium-sized bowl, add ½ cups of gram flour and then sufficient amount of yogurt.
- Stir the solution or mixture properly and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the dark elbows and knees, leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rub the paste on the elbows and knees for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process daily to eradicate the darkness.
- People who have dry skin can use cream in place of yogurt to get moisturized effect.
- Those who have oily skin, they should use milk instead of these two.
2.) Baking Soda to Treat Dark Elbows and Knees
Baking soda is very effective in treating dark elbows and knees due to gentle cleansing action. It can also help you to remove dead skin cells and decrease the hyper-pigmentation that forms around the elbows and knees.
- Prepare a paste by mixing one teaspoon of milk and baking soda.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and gently rub it around in circular motions for few minutes.
- Leave it for ten minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry the area thoroughly.
- Repeat this process every other day until you get the desired results. This method will help you to get rid of elbows and knees.
3.) Olive Oil for Dark Elbows & Knees Treatment
Olive oil has natural bleaching properties and it will also help soften the rough skin on the elbows and knees giving smoothness and glow.
- Take a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar in it.
- Make a thick of the paste of the mixture, use warm olive oil for more benefits.
- Scrub the elbows and knee by applying the paste for some time. You will feel the sugar granules getting smaller because of rubbing.
- Keep on scrubbing till the whole sugar gets dissolved completely, at least, 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and soap. Repeat the procedure daily, you will get rid of dark elbows and knee.
4.) Almond to Treat Dark Elbows & Knees
Almonds are good for your skin. They are rich in skin nourishing properties that can aid maintaining an even skin tone and keep your skin glowing and healthy.
- Ground 8-10 almonds, but make sure that it should not get a smooth powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the coarse almond powder and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your dark elbows and knee, leave it to dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Rub the paste with wet fingers in a circular motion for some time. Wash it with water, followed by mild soap.
- Do it once or twice a week to remove the darkness of elbows and knee.
5.) Coconut Oil for Dark Elbows & Knees Treatment
Everyone is aware of the benefits of using coconut oil either for skin or for the hair growth. It is also a very good skin moisturizer, rich in minerals and nutrients.
- Ground 3-5 walnuts, but do not make this smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in grounded walnut coarse and stir well to make the paste.
- Apply the rough paste on your dark knees and elbow by rubbing the paste gently.
6.) Mustard Oil to Treat Dark Elbows and Knees
Using mustard oil to get rid of black elbows and knees is a good idea as it contains erucic and oleic acids that finely lubricate the joints to bright them.
- The Process of using mustard oil is extremely simple, you just have to apply it on your elbows and knees.
- Take a bath and then rub your elbows and knees with mustard oil for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it for a few hours and then wash it with warm water using a soap.
- You have to follow the process regularly to get bright and soft knees and elbows.
7.) Onion and Garlic for Dark Elbows and Knees Treatment
You always see these vegetables in your kitchen, they give a good taste to your food. But, you never know that they are also useful in removing dark elbows and knee problems.
- Peel one garlic clove and then crush it in small chunks, but do not convert it into the garlic paste.
- Now, take an onion and grate it with the help of a grater. Mix both of them.
- After mixing these ingredients, apply this on the knee and elbows, make sure to concentrate it on the place where darkness is high.
- Rub the areas gently for 10 minutes and then wash it with normal water.
- If you can’t tolerate the onion and garlic mixture, then wash with mild soap.
- To remove the smell of the garlic-onion mixture, make a solution of glycerin, lime juice and rose water.
- Apply the mixer and follow the process daily to actually feel and get better effects.
8.) Mint to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees
Mint has several volatile oils that promote collagen in the body, an essential element for even skin tone. It helps to make a glowing and healthy skin.
- Take ½ cup of water in a bowl and bring it to the boil.
- As soon water starts boiling, add a handful mint leaves and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- After boiling for some more time add ½ lime(lemon) juice.
- Turn off the flame and take out the bowl and let it cool down.
- Apply the solution with a cotton ball on the knees and elbows and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process every day till you get the bright tone on your elbows and knees.
9.) Aloe Vera Gel to Cure Dark Elbows & Knees
Overexposure to the sun and dryness are the main cause of dark elbows and knee. Aloe Vera gel can be used to moisturize the skin, it also prevents the skin to get dry and lose the moisture. Cut fresh Aloe Vera leaves and take out gel present in the leaf on a small plate or bowl. Wash the elbows and knee, apply the gel on your dark knees and elbows, and leave it for 30 minutes to get moisturized and glowing skins. Repeat the process depending upon your need.
10.) Fruit Bleach for Dark Elbows & Knees
There are some fruits having wonderful bleaching properties that can be useful to get rid of dark elbows and knees. Eating fruits in raw form is beneficial for proper body functioning. However, topical application of their juice on the skin on a daily basis will help you to remove darkness from knees and elbows. You can try different fruits on different days to better effect on your skin. Using fruits is one of best natural ways to treat dark elbows and knees.