In this article, we will discuss the home remedies for dark elbows and knees. Deficiency of vitamins, minerals and protein triggers the dark knees and elbow. You should check your diet to make sure that you are having sufficient amount of the exfoliants. Dark elbows and knees can make you mentally sick, as it looks very embarrassing. Skin tone enhances your beauty but having dark knees and elbows can withdraw it. The skin around the knees and elbow usually has more folds than its surrounding skin. These areas tend to dry much more than any other part of the body due no oil glands in these areas. In the absence of proper care and hygiene, these areas become much darker than other parts of the body. Some additional factors that lead to dark elbows and knees are overexposure to the sun, frequent rubbing, genetic factors, hormonal imbalance, obesity, dry skin, dead skin buildup and increased melanin pigment.
Remedies for Dark Elbows and Knees:
1.) Gram Flour to Avoid Dark Elbows and Knees
Gram flour is one of the best home remedies for dark elbows and knees as it contain essential vitamins, proteins, and minerals. These components easily exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells and blemishes
- In a medium-sized bowl, add ½ cups of gram flour and then sufficient amount of yogurt.
- Stir the solution or mixture properly and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste on the dark elbows and knees, leave it for 15 minutes.
- Rub the paste on the elbows and knees for another 5 minutes.
- Repeat the process daily to eradicate the darkness.
- People who have dry skin can use cream in place of yogurt to get moisturized effect.
- Those who have oily skin, they should use milk instead of these two.
2.) Baking Soda to Treat Dark Elbows and Knees
Baking soda is very effective in treating dark elbows and knees due to gentle cleansing action. It can also help you to remove dead skin cells and decrease the hyper-pigmentation that forms around the elbows and knees.
- Prepare a paste by mixing one teaspoon of milk and baking soda.
- Apply the paste on the affected areas and gently rub it around in circular motions for few minutes.
- Leave it for ten minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water and then pat dry the area thoroughly.
- Repeat this process every other day until you get the desired results. This method will help you to get rid of elbows and knees.
3.) Olive Oil for Dark Elbows & Knees Treatment
Olive oil has natural bleaching properties and it will also help soften the rough skin on the elbows and knees giving smoothness and glow.
- Take a bowl, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 1 tablespoon of sugar in it.
- Make a thick of the paste of the mixture, use warm olive oil for more benefits.
- Scrub the elbows and knee by applying the paste for some time. You will feel the sugar granules getting smaller because of rubbing.
- Keep on scrubbing till the whole sugar gets dissolved completely, at least, 5 minutes.
- Wash it off with water and soap. Repeat the procedure daily, you will get rid of dark elbows and knee.
4.) Almond to Treat Dark Elbows & Knees
Almonds are good for your skin. They are rich in skin nourishing properties that can aid maintaining an even skin tone and keep your skin glowing and healthy.
- Ground 8-10 almonds, but make sure that it should not get a smooth powder.
- Add 2 tablespoons of yogurt to the coarse almond powder and make a fine paste.
- Apply the paste to your dark elbows and knee, leave it to dry for at least 15 minutes.
- Rub the paste with wet fingers in a circular motion for some time. Wash it with water, followed by mild soap.
- Do it once or twice a week to remove the darkness of elbows and knee.
5.) Coconut Oil for Dark Elbows & Knees Treatment
Everyone is aware of the benefits of using coconut oil either for skin or for the hair growth. It is also a very good skin moisturizer, rich in minerals and nutrients.
- Ground 3-5 walnuts, but do not make this smooth.
- Add 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in grounded walnut coarse and stir well to make the paste.
- Apply the rough paste on your dark knees and elbow by rubbing the paste gently.
6.) Mustard Oil to Treat Dark Elbows and Knees
Using mustard oil to get rid of black elbows and knees is a good idea as it contains erucic and oleic acids that finely lubricate the joints to bright them.
- The Process of using mustard oil is extremely simple, you just have to apply it on your elbows and knees.
- Take a bath and then rub your elbows and knees with mustard oil for about 10 minutes.
- Leave it for a few hours and then wash it with warm water using a soap.
- You have to follow the process regularly to get bright and soft knees and elbows.
7.) Onion and Garlic for Dark Elbows and Knees Treatment
You always see these vegetables in your kitchen, they give a good taste to your food. But, you never know that they are also useful in removing dark elbows and knee problems.
- Peel one garlic clove and then crush it in small chunks, but do not convert it into the garlic paste.
- Now, take an onion and grate it with the help of a grater. Mix both of them.
- After mixing these ingredients, apply this on the knee and elbows, make sure to concentrate it on the place where darkness is high.
- Rub the areas gently for 10 minutes and then wash it with normal water.
- If you can’t tolerate the onion and garlic mixture, then wash with mild soap.
- To remove the smell of the garlic-onion mixture, make a solution of glycerin, lime juice and rose water.
- Apply the mixer and follow the process daily to actually feel and get better effects.
8.) Mint to Get Rid of Dark Elbows and Knees
Mint has several volatile oils that promote collagen in the body, an essential element for even skin tone. It helps to make a glowing and healthy skin.
- Take ½ cup of water in a bowl and bring it to the boil.
- As soon water starts boiling, add a handful mint leaves and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- After boiling for some more time add ½ lime(lemon) juice.
- Turn off the flame and take out the bowl and let it cool down.
- Apply the solution with a cotton ball on the knees and elbows and leave it for 10 minutes.
- Repeat the process every day till you get the bright tone on your elbows and knees.
9.) Aloe Vera Gel to Cure Dark Elbows & Knees
Overexposure to the sun and dryness are the main cause of dark elbows and knee. Aloe Vera gel can be used to moisturize the skin, it also prevents the skin to get dry and lose the moisture. Cut fresh Aloe Vera leaves and take out gel present in the leaf on a small plate or bowl. Wash the elbows and knee, apply the gel on your dark knees and elbows, and leave it for 30 minutes to get moisturized and glowing skins. Repeat the process depending upon your need.
10.) Fruit Bleach for Dark Elbows & Knees
There are some fruits having wonderful bleaching properties that can be useful to get rid of dark elbows and knees. Eating fruits in raw form is beneficial for proper body functioning. However, topical application of their juice on the skin on a daily basis will help you to remove darkness from knees and elbows. You can try different fruits on different days to better effect on your skin. Using fruits is one of best natural ways to treat dark elbows and knees.
Home Remedies for Dark Underarms
1.) Cucumber to Get Rid of Dark Underarms
Cucumber is one of the best to lighten your dark skin. If you want to get rid of dark underarms then use cucumber. Cucumbers also have natural bleaching properties which help in lighten the skin like potatoes.
You just need to rub the thin cucumber thin slice on your underarms or you can use grate cucumber and apply the juice on your arms. Repeat this process once or twice daily until you are satisfied with your results. Alternatively, you can extract the juice from the cucumber and mix it with little turmeric powder and then add lemon juice into it. Apply the paste on the affected area and then leave it for 30 minutes. Repeat this method once in a day to get the desirable results.
2.) Baking Soda to Lighten Dark Underarms
Baking soda is one of the best exfoliator to lighten the dark underarms. It will help in removing the dark skin cell, which is a major cause of getting dark underarms. Baking soda helps to unclog the skin pores. You just have to make the exfoliating scrub with the baking soda.
For exfoliating scrub, you need to mix baking soda with water to form a thick paste. You apply this paste on your underarms to scrub the dark skin. Gently wash the skin and dry the area properly. Repeat this a few times in a week
3.) Coconut Oil to Prevent Dark Underarms
You can use coconut oil to get rid of dark underarms. Coconut oil is one of the best ways to get rid of dark underarms. As it contains vitamin E that help to reduces the dark skin. Plus, it also works as a effective deodorant for your skin.
You can use coconut oil, you need to give massage the dark underarms with coconut oil. Then leave it for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse off the area with mild soap and lukewarm water. You need to repeat this remedy 3-4 times in a week to get the desirable result.
4.) Lemon to Ward off Dark Underarms
Lemon is one of the best ways to lighten the skin. It is natural bleach and a powerful antibacterial and antiseptic agent. There are different ways to use lemon on the skin for various skin related problem including the dark underarms. Lemon can dry your skin, so you need to apply the moisturizer.
If you want to remove the dead skin or lighten the skin then rub a lemon wedge on the skin for few minutes. You need to leave the juice on your skin on the skin for few minutes then wash off the skin properly. If you want to make the exfoliation better than you can add sugar for better use.
Alternatively, you can make a mixture with little turmeric. Add honey or plain yogurt in some lemon juice and then apply it on your underarms. Leave the paste on the affected area then leave it for 10 minutes. You need to repeat the process 3-4 times in day.
5.) Potatoes for Dark Underarms
The mild acidic properties present in the potatoes which works as great bleaching agent. It works as a great bleaching agent and will not cause any skin irritation.
To lighten the skin, you need to rub a thin slice of potatoes on your underarms. For better affect, you can simply grate the potato and apply the juice on the dark arm affected area. You need to apply it on the skin and then make it dry by leaving it for 10-15 minutes. After that, rinse of the area with lukewarm water.
6.) Orange Peel to Avoid Dark Underarms
You can use orange peel to get rid of dark underarms. It is one of the best ways to lighten your skin. As it contain skin lightening and exfoliating properties.
For orange peel method, you need to put some orange peels in the sun for few days until it completely dry. You need to grind the peels into the powder form. Just add mix two teaspoon of orange peels with enough rose water and milk to make thick paste. You need to gently scrub on the underarms with paste then leave it for 10-15 minutes. Rinse off the paste with cold water from the skin. You need to repeat the process for 2-3 times in a week.
7.) Vinegar to Prevent Dark Underarms
Vinegar works amazingly to lighten the dark underarms. The remedy is very effective, it’s not only lighten the skin but also kill the germs and bacteria that feed on dead skin cells causing underarm odor.
For this method, you need to mix the rice flour with vinegar to form a thick paste. Just take a hot shower and apply the paste on your underarms. You need to leave the paste for 10 to 15 minutes, then rinse off with warm water. Repeat this process for a few times in a week. Try vinegar to prevent the dark under arms.
8.) Milk for Dark Underarms
Milk is very effecting to get the healthy white and light skin. As it contain s vitamins and fatty acids that helps in minimizing the dark underarms. It makes the skin soften and make the skin tone much lighter.
For this process, you need to mix two tablespoons of full fat milk, one or two tablespoons of flour and add one tablespoon of plain yogurt to form a thick paste. Apply the paste on your underarms and then leave it for 15 minutes. Rinse off the paste from the skin with cold water. You need to repeat the process a few times in a week.
You can try another option, just a soak a couple of strands of saffron in two teaspoons of milk for 15 to 20 minutes. You can add little honey in the paste. You need to apply the mixture on your underarms and leave it for at least for 20 to 30 minutes before washing it off. You need to follow this remedy until you are satisfied with the result. Try these amazing remedies and see the effective result.