Dark lips are considered to be one of the biggest reasons of ruining the beauty of your face. It can almost destroy your first impression in the first meeting. It happens basically due to the usage of toxic substances that can harm your lips. Though several other factors may lead to the discoloration of your lips, but the basic reason is the absorption of toxic substances in your lips. It rarely depends on which kind of beauty products you use, but it majorly depends on various other factors like smoking, consumption of coffee and many more. But, you can use various home remedies for dark lips treatment.
Causes of Dark Lips:
There are various factors that contribute to the formation of the dark lips:
- Anemia: It happens due to the low-level of the red blood cells or may be due to less hemoglobin.
- Cyanosis: It happens due to the high level of deoxygenated blood cells.
- Lifestyle Factors: like cigarette smoking, alcohol abuse and regular intake of narcotics.
- Drinking of hot beverages like tea and coffee at frequent intervals.
- It even gets caused due to continuous licking and biting lips.
- When there is a change in the iron levels of our body, especially when there is an overflow of the iron content in the body.
- Low levels of vitamin B.
- Change in the hormones
- Allergic injuries and reactions.
- Having improper dental fixture.
- Drinking alcohol and chlorinated water.
- Exposure to sun and humid weather.
- Usage of the low quality of cosmetics.
- Vitamin deficiency
Home Remedies for Dark Lips Treatment:
Here are few home remedies that you may follow for dark lips treatment.
1.) Lemon for Dark Lips Treatment
It is very useful home remedies for dark lips. The bleaching property present inside the lemon act as a very powerful agent which can lighten your lips. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just squeeze a lemon and apply it on your lips before going to sleep. Follow this remedy on a regular basis.
- You can even take a thin slice of lemon. Pour a pinch of sugar on the top of a lemon slice, and rub it on your lips on a regular basis. It will rejuvenate the dead cells and will provide the soothing effect on the lips. Apply this remedy on a regular basis to regenerate the new cells of the skin of your lips.
- Alternatively, you may even take one and a half teaspoon of lemon juice. Now, add glycerin and honey in it and prepare a mixture of it. Apply it on a regular basis to treat dark lips.
2.) Use Rose to Treat Dark Lips
Rose contains soothing, cooling, and moisturizing properties. It even helps in adding a natural pink tint to the lips. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Just add one drop of rose water in few drops of honey. Mix it well and apply it at least 2-3 times on your lips regularly.
- Take one tablespoon of rose petal paste. Now, add one teaspoon of butter, milk cream and honey to it. Gently scrub your lips using this solution. Apply this remedy, at least, two times in a week.
- Take a little amount of raw milk and soak few petals of the rose in it for 1 hour. Now grind this solution to prepare the paste. Now, add a pinch of saffron and half teaspoon of honey in this solution. Apply this paste on your dark lips regularly. Also, after applying it, leave it for 15 minutes on your lips to get the best results.
3.) Olive Oil to Get Rid of Dark Lips
This essential oil contains various nutrients that help in keeping our lips moisturized all the time. It even helps in maintaining the softness of the lips while keeping it vibrant and lively all the time. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Massage your dark lips with extra virgin olive oil. Do this on a regular basis before going to sleep.
- You can also mix one and a half teaspoon of sugar with few drops of olive oil. Scrub your lips with this mixture. Apply this remedy once in a week to get the best results. This home remedy for dark lips will help in restoring the charm of your lips by lightening the color of it.
4.) Sugar to Cure Dark Lips
It is a great exfoliating agent that helps in removing the dead cells from your dark lips. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Blend two tablespoons of butter with 3 tablespoons of granulated sugar. Now, prepare a paste from it. Use this paste for scrubbing your lips. Apply this remedy once in a week to restore the natural color of your lips.
- You may even prepare a scrub by adding one tablespoon of granulated sugar with one tablespoon of honey. Also, add one and a half tablespoon of almond oil. Mix these ingredients well to prepare the mixture. Use this paste for scrubbing your dark lips once in a week.
- You can also try this alternate method to lighten your lips. Just mix a little amount of sugar with cold cream and apply it to your lips before going to sleep.
5.) Pomegranate for Dark Lips
These seeds are the an ideal treatment for dark lips. They can even nourish and moisturize the dehydrated lips. To prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Mix a little amount of milk cream with one teaspoon of crushed pomegranate and rosewater. Prepare a paste from it. Apply this remedy once in a day. After scrubbing your lips with this paste, just wash them with lukewarm water.
- Another alternate method is mixing an equal amount of carrot juice, beetroot juice, and pomegranate juice together. Mix it well and prepare a solution. Apply this remedy on your dark lips once in a day.
6.) Beetroot to Get Pink Lips
Beetroot contains natural bleaching properties, which help in restoring the natural pink color of your lips. Well, to prepare this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply fresh beetroot juice to your dark lips and leave it overnight. Wash it the next morning. Do it on a regular basis before going to sleep to gain the pinkish shade in your lips.
- You can even mix an equal amount of carrot juice and beetroot juice. Mix it well and prepare a solution.
- Apply it on your dark lips on a regular basis for one week. Massage gently with this juice and leave it for 10 minutes. Wash it with lukewarm water.
7.) Honey to Avoid Dark Lips
It is a natural moisturizing agent that can easily soften your lips while restoring the natural pink color of it. To apply this remedy, follow these steps:
- Apply honey directly on your dark lips and leave it for the whole night. Wash it with lukewarm water in the morning. Do it on a regular basis to retain the pink color of your lips.
- Also, you may mix one tablespoon of yogurt, flour and honey to prepare a paste. Apply this paste on your dark lips regularly. Leave this paste for thirty minutes after application. Rinse your lips with lukewarm water to experience the best results for your lips.
8.) Use Berries Against Dark Lips
There are various types of berries like strawberries and raspberries available in the market. They are one of the best home remedies for dark lips. Berries contain numerous minerals and vitamins that are needed for shiny lips. Both raspberry and strawberry are helpful and work in the same manner while turning out the dark lips into naturally pink color.
9.) Cucumber for Dark Lips
Instead of the refreshing qualities, cucumber acts as a great skin lightening agent. It gives the lighter shade to your lips. Just take a slice of cucumber and rub it on your lips. Apply this home remedy for dark lips on a regular basis. It is one of the best methods to lighten your dark lips.
10.) Almond Oil to treat Dark Lips
It contains moisturizing qualities that help in giving the soft texture to your lips. Just apply almond oil on your dark lips to make your lips look vibrant and shiny. It is one of the best oil that provides the soothing effect on your dark lips. Apply it on a regular basis to treat dark lips.
Few Tips to Lighten Dark Lips:
Here few tips that you may follow to get rid of dark lips. They are easy to use and provide effective results.
- Firstly, you need to understand the root cause of getting dark lips.
- Secondly, you need to figure out the wrong eating habits and consume a healthy diet to lighten dark lips.
- The third step is to use the right kind of cosmetic products for your lips. Instead of using harmful products, just go for skin friendly products having herbal qualities.
- Try exfoliating your lips to regain their beauty.
- Always try to keep your lips moisturized.
- Massage your lips with ice for keeping them hydrated.
- You may use the mixture of almond oil and castor oil for massaging your lips. It is a great way to get pink lips naturally.
- Use petroleum jelly on your lips to get rid of dry lips. It is a great way to keep your lips nourished and moisturized.
So, say goodbye to your dark lips and experience the beauty of pinkish shade, by applying the above home remedies for dark lips.