This article will provide you the best home remedies to decrease stomach acid. Stomach acid is a very common gastric problem, which affects people of all ages. It is also known as gastric acid and one of the essential aspects of your digestive system. It is made up of hydrochloric acid, which is formed in the stomach helps to digest food. The stomach lining is for producing this acid and it protect the digestive organ against its corrosive secretion. However, the higher gut is not protected from this hydrochloric acid. An imbalance of digestive acids produced by the stomach can lead a stomach ache, nausea, bad breath, gas and other symptoms. It is caused by eating spicy foods, stress, irregular eating habits, lack of exercise or drinking alcohol, obesity and pregnancy. So, follow some home remedies to treat stomach acidity.
Symptoms of Stomach Acid:
Causes of Stomach Acid:
- Eating large meals.
- Eating citrus, tomato, mint, garlic, chocolate, onion or fatty foods.
- Being pregnant
- Taking ibuprofen, aspirin or blood pressure medications.
Home Remedies to Decrease Stomach Acid:
There are some simple and natural ingredients, which help to get relief from stomach acid.
1.) Cloves to Decrease Stomach Acid
Cloves help to eliminate stomach acidity and dispel gas, due to its carminative effect that increases HCL in the stomach. Clove is one of the best remedies to decrease stomach acid. Acidity may also be caused due to low stomach acid.
Steps to Use Cloves to Reduce Stomach Acid Fast:
- Chew 2 to 3 cloves regularly.
- So, that the juices released into your digestive system.
- Eat crushed cloves and cardamom mixed in equal amounts, to minimize stomach acid.
2.) Cumin Seeds to Decrease Stomach Acid
Cumin seeds are also used to treat acidity as cumin seeds act as a great acid neutralizer. It helps to aid digestion and relieves stomach pain. Cumin is one of the top remedies to decrease stomach acid. Crush some roasted cumin seeds and mix it into a glass of water. Drink this solution after every meal.
Steps to Use Cumin Seeds to Prevent Stomach Gas:
- You can also boil 1 tsp of cumin seeds in a cup of water.
- Strain the solution and drink it after having a meal.
3.) Apple Cider Vinegar to Decrease Stomach Acid Fast
Apple cider vinegar is acidic in nature and has an alkalizing effect. ACV is considered as one of the greatest remedies to decrease stomach acid. That’s why it helps to treat stomach acidity.
Steps to Use Apple Cider Vinegar to Treat Stomach Gas:
- Mix 1 or 2 tsp of raw apple cider vinegar in a cup of water.
- Drink it twice a day. You can also have it before meals.
4.) Buttermilk to Decrease Stomach Acid
Buttermilk is a good home remedy for acidity as it contains lactic acid that helps to normalize the acidity in the stomach.
Steps to Use Buttermilk to Get Relief from Stomach Gas:
- Make a paste by grinding 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds with a little water.
- Add it to a glass of plain buttermilk.
- Consume it to get relief from the stomach ache causing acidity.
- You can simply consume plain buttermilk many times a day.
5.) Cinnamon to Decrease Stomach Acid Fast and Naturally
Cinnamon is one of the effective home remedies for treating stomach acid and gas. Cinnamon is good for digestion as it works as a natural antacid and helps to dispel stomach gas.
Steps to Use Cinnamon to Get Rid of Stomach Gas Fast:
- Mix half a tsp of cinnamon powder in a cup of water.
- Boil this solution and let it steep for a few minutes.
- Drink this cinnamon tea 2 to 3 times a day.
- You can also use cinnamon powder to your soup or salad.
6.) Basil Leaves to Decrease Stomach Acid Naturally
Basil leaves are one of the best home remedies for stomach acid treatment. Basil leaves have carminative and soothing properties, which will give you instant relief from acidity, nausea, and gas.
Steps to Use Basil Leaves to Reduce Stomach Gas:
- Chew some basil leaves to reduce the stomach acid.
- Boil 3 to 5 basil leaves in a cup of water and allow it to simmer for a few minutes.
- You can add a little honey to sweeten this basil tea. Don’t add milk and sip it frequently.
7.) Jaggery to Decrease Stomach Acid Fast
Jaggery becomes alkaline in the digestive system and helps digestion. That’s why it helps to reduce stomach acidity. You can purchase jaggery at most Indian grocery stores.
Steps to Use Jaggery for Stomach Acid Reflux Treatment:
- After having each meal suck a small piece of jaggery until acidity is gone.
- This method is not suitable for diabetic people.
8.) Ginger to Treat Stomach Acid and Gas
Ginger helps to treat acidity, due to its anti-inflammatory properties. It can also neutralize stomach acids. Ginger is one of the effective natural remedies for getting rid of stomach gas.
Steps to Use Ginger to Get Rid of Stomach Gas Naturally:
- Chew a slice of fresh ginger during acidity.
- You can also boil a cup of water by adding a slice of ginger in it.
- Another option is you can take a spoonful of ginger juice 2 to 3 times a day, which provide relief from acidity.
9.) Fennel to Decrease Stomach Acid Fast & Naturally
Fennel is one of the best home remedies for treating acidity. Fennel contains carminative properties, which help to relieve stomach gas and aid digestion.
Steps to Use Fennel to Treat Stomach Acidity:
- After having a spicy or heavy meal, chew some fennel seeds.
- You can also add 1 or 2 tsp of fennel seeds in a cup of hot water.
- Strain the solution and drink it few times a day.
10.) Cold Milk to Reduce Stomach Acidity Fast
Milk helps to stabilize gastric acids in the stomach and treat acidity. Milk is high in calcium helps to prevent build up of stomach acid. You can drink a glass of cold milk to soothe acidity problems as an alternative.
Useful Tips to Prevent Stomach Gas:
- Do meditation for 5 minutes to lower stress and reduce stomach gas.
- Chewing gum is also good for reducing heartburn. Chew sugar-free gum for 30 minutes after a meal.
- Baking soda is also acts as an antacid that helps to balance the stomach acids.
- Don’t drink alcohol.
- Avoid eating garlic and onions.
- Eat non-citrus fruits that can help to reduce the stomach acid like cucumbers, watermelon, apples and bananas.
- Avoid foods that may increase the risk of stomach acids such as chili peppers, black peppers, chocolate and many more.
- If you are not getting relief by using these remedies then consult a doctor.