In this article, we will talk about home remedies for ear discharge. The wax in our ears is one of the essential protectors of our body. The sticky slimy substance is known to stick away all the dust and impurities present in the air that enters your ear. It even protects the eardrum from damage but what if it gets infected?
Yes, that is possible. Today it is one of the most common ear infections, faced by people around the world. Ear discharge as we know it, is the discharge of blood or wax from the ear, mainly due to rupturing of ear drums. It can cause severe problems and in many cases immense pain. Moreover, no one likes to go out in public while liquids are being secreted from their ears. We know that there are all kinds of products available in the markets, who promise to get rid of the same. But nothing matches the power of a home remedy. Let’s understand what ear discharge is based on:
Symptoms of Ear Discharge:
- If any foreign particle enters the ear canal.
- Inserting sharp objects inside the ear.
- Any form of shock on the head.
- A loud noise blasting the ear drum.
- High pressure on the air especially in an airplane.
- Middle ear infection
- Skin Irritation like eczema can lead to it.
Home Remedies for Ear Discharge:
- Home Remedies for Ear Discharge:
- 1.) Olive Oil as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 2.) Salt as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 3.) Alcohol as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 4.) Breast Feeding as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 5.) Heating Pad as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 6.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 7.) Basil Leaves as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 8.) Tea Tree Oil as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 9.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
- 10.) Massage as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
1.) Olive Oil as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
The benefits of olive oil have been researched and well discussed among scholars as well as consumers. The Mediterranean oil is also effective in treating ear discharge. Just follow the simple procedure and you are good to go:
- Heat olive oil in a pan.
- Let it cool till the time it become warm and can be put in your ear.
- Get a cotton ball and dip it in the oil.
- Put the oil in the ear with like ear drops.
- Rest and wait for results.
2.) Salt as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
The answer to every problem is salt. This iodine-rich substance is more effective in its raw form, as compared to when it is added to enhance the taste. To treat ear discharge using salt, all you have to do is heat salt up using a pan or microwave. Put the hot salt in a sac-like socks. Close the open end of the sack and then place it over the affected ear. Keep it there for some time and then remove it. Continue till you feel a slight relief.
3.) Alcohol as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
It’s time you get your ear drunk. No, not in literal terms but what we mean is to use alcohol to cure ear discharge. This home remedy for ear discharge is easy to follow and effective too. All you have to do is:
- Mix equal amounts of water and alcohol.
- Mix the mixture well and apply it over the outer areas of the affected ear.
- Keep massaging it and make sure that it does not enter the inside of the ear.
- Continue for instant relief.
4.) Breast Feeding as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
The most frequent sufferers of all kinds of skin infections are the innocent babies. The ear drums being weak can get easily damaged due to several factors.
It for the same reason that breastfeeding is recommended for a baby. The breast milk is filled with all the essential nutrient and vitamins that the newborn requires. Make sure to feed the baby regularly with the same to keep him away from ear discharge and other skin infections.
5.) Heating Pad as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
The warm compress is one of the most popular home remedies to cure ear discharge. It is easy and does not require any mixtures to be made. All you have to do is to place a hot water bottle on the ear. A heating pad will also do the trick. If not then massage the ear with a clean cloth dipped in warm water.
6.) Garlic as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
Make sure to add garlic in your diet to stay from all kinds of diseases. For ear discharge especially it is advised to mash up garlic and take out its juice. The juice can then be applied over the affected ear. Ginger tea can also help with the same. Consume it daily to get rid of ear discharge. Garlic cloves boiled in water and then covered in a sac can be placed over the ear for a warm gentle treatment.
7.) Basil Leaves as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
The irony is that many of us don’t know about the remedial qualities of basil. For treatment of ear infection all you have to do is follow the simple procedure:
- Mash 8-10 basil leaves to get its juice.
- After the juice has been collected apply it over the outer area of the ear.
- Make sure that it does not enter the ear.
- Do it several times to get relieved.
8.) Tea Tree Oil as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
Just second to apple cider vinegar when it comes to home remedies, this is effective for ear discharge as well. This requires no complicated process, unlike the others. Heat it to a level where it is warm but not hot. Dip the oil in the ear using a dropper. Move to the other side after 5-10 minutes. The move will help drain out the oil from your ear.
9.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
What is a home remedy without the mention of apple cider vinegar, our star remedy makes a come back again and this time, as a home remedy to cure ear discharge. The treatment follows the process similar to the alcohol one.
- Add equal amounts of water and vinegar.
- Mix the solution well.
- Massage it well but don’t let it enter the ear.
- You will be relieved in no time.
10.) Massage as a Home Remedy for Ear Discharge
It’s time to bring out the inner masseur in you. Gently massage the sides of the ear. Keep moving to the sideburns area. Massage the area gently in a downward motion. The result will be that the clogged areas would open up after the pressure points get activated.