Women want to grow their nails strong and fast. Nails add beauty to your hands. So in this article, learn some home remedies for faster nail growth. Nails are made up of protein which is known as Keratin that helps to protect nails from splitting, cracking, breaking etc. Nails grow nearly 0.1 mm per day. Nails grow faster in summers as compared to winter. Nails grow about one-tenth of an inch in a month but sometimes they grow slower. There are many factors that affect the slow nail growth such as hormonal changes, the aging process, medications, chemotherapy and nutritional deficiencies. Slow or poor nail growth can also caused by breakage, splitting, brittle nails and other nail problems. Eating a healthy diet and proper nail care are one of the easiest ways to keep your nails healthy and strong. There are some home remedies that will help you to grow your nails faster.
Causes of Slow Nail Growth:
- Age is the factor in which the growth of nails varies. Like infant’s nails grow more slowly than adult’s nails. But it has been observed that the nails grow faster between the ages of 10 to 14. After that, the growth of nails begins to slow.
- Washing dishes are not good for your nails because detergents can affect your nail growth. Hence, always wear gloves to protect your nails.
- Stop biting your nails as it slows down your growth of nails.
Best Home Remedies for Faster Nail Growth:
If you want to grow your nails faster, then you need not worry about your nails growth. We have some home remedies for your nail growth.
1.) Intake Vitamins to Make Your Nails Grow Faster
Vitamins are essential for healthy nail growth. Take plenty of vitamins D, C and A to grow your nails faster.
Steps to Intake Vitamins for Faster Nail Growth:
- Include dairy products, especially milk as it is a great source of vitamin D. For Vitamin C, you need to eat oranges, spinach, kale and kiwis.
- To load Vitamin A, include sweet potatoes, carrots, and other orange vegetables.
2.) Include Protein to Grow Your Fingernails Faster
As you know, nails are made up of protein. So it is very important to add protein to your diet.
Steps to Include Protein for Healthy and Strong Nails:
- Eat fish, beef, lean poultry and pork as well as spinach and other vegetables that are rich in protein for the growth of your nails.
- You can drink protein shakes or can add protein powder to your milk for the quick protein boost.
3.) Tomatoes to Grow Your Nails Longer
Tomatoes are one of the best home remedies for faster nail growth. Tomatoes are rich in biotin that aids nail growth as well as makes them strong and shiny. Tomatoes also contain vitamins A and vitamins C that are necessary for healthy skin and nails.
Steps to Use Tomatoes to Grow Nails Naturally:
- Combine a half cup of tomato juice and two tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Put your hands in this solution for ten minutes.
- Follow this remedy once a day for some days to get better results.
4.) Flaxseed Oil to Grow Long Nails Fast
Due to its high content of omega-3 fatty acids, flaxseed oil plays a vital role in boosting nail growth. It also contains nutrients like potassium, vitamins B, magnesium, zinc, lecithin, and protein which are helpful for nail growth.
Steps to Use Flaxseed Oil to Make Your Nails Grow Faster:
- Massage your nails with flaxseed oil for a few minutes.
- To retain the moisture, wear gloves for a few hours. Do it once or twice daily.
5.) Stinging Nettle for Faster Nail Growth
Stinging nettle is another age-old home remedy for healthy nail growth. It has a high amount of silica and other useful minerals, which are essential for nail growth.
Steps to Use Stinging Nettle to Grow Nails Fast:
- Mix 2 to 3 drops of dried stinging nettle leaves to a cup of water.
- Cover this solution for ten minutes.
- Strain it, and then add some honey to it. Drink this herbal tea daily.
6.) Biotin for Faster Nail Growth
Biotin is a vitamin also known as vitamin H which is necessary for healthy nail growth. It also improves the keratin structure that’s why it encourages the growth of nails. Biotin deficiency leads to thin, weak and brittle nails.
Steps to Use Biotin to Grow Your Nails Long:
- You can include biotin foods such as whole grains, eggs, tomatoes, carrots, almonds, salmon, cauliflower, milk, cucumber, strawberries, oats, lentils, and walnuts.
- Alternatively, you can take biotin supplement for healthy and strong nails.
7.) Horsetail for Faster Nail Growth
Horsetail is a herb which is a very effective natural remedy for nail growth. Horsetail is a source of silica, calcium, and other minerals which contribute to the nail growth as well as the overall health of your nails.
Steps to Use Horsetail to Grow Your Nails Naturally:
- Mix ¾ tablespoons of dried horsetail stem in two cups of boiling water.
- Cover it for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Keep it for cool and strain this solution.
- Put your nails in this solution for at least 20 minutes. Do this remedy for at least 4 times a week.
8.) Lemon for Faster Nail Growth
Lemon is one of the best home remedies for faster nail growth. Lemon is a source of vitamin C that plays a vital role for nail growth. It also helps to treat yellow nails and gives shine to them.
Steps to Use Lemon to Grow Nails Long:
- Prepare a solution by adding 1 tablespoon of lemon juice and 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Slightly warm this solution.
- Then, soak your nails in this solution for 10 minutes. Do this remedy daily.
- An alternate method, take a slice of lemon juice and rub it on your nails for 5 minutes. Then, wash them with water and apply moisturizer. Do this treatment daily.
9.) Orange Juice for Faster Nail Growth
Orange juice is one of the best remedies to boost nails growth. Due to its vitamin C content, it helps to increase the production of collagen and keeps your nails healthy. It also contains folic acid, which is necessary for nail growth.
Steps to Use Orange Juice to Grow Nails Faster:
- Take some fresh orange juice and soak your nails in this juice for ten minutes.
- Wash it off with warm water.
- Let it dry and apply moisturizer. Follow this remedy daily until you get better results.
10.) Coconut Oil to Grow Your Nails Healthy and Faster
Coconut oil also works great for healthy and strong nail growth. Due to having important nutrients, it helps to keep your nails strong and moisturized. It also prevents cuticle infections and fungal nails.
Steps to Use Coconut Oil to Grow Your Nails Faster:
- Take some extra virgin coconut oil and massage your nails in circular motions before going to bed.
- An alternate option is you can also prepare a solution by combining ¼ cup of organic coconut oil, ¼ cup of honey and 4 drops of rosemary essential oil. Heat this solution for 20 seconds in a microwave. Put your nails in it for 15 minutes. Do this remedy for 1 or 2 times a week.
11.) Olive Oil for Faster Nail Growth
Olive oil plays a very important role to keep your nails healthy, strong and moisturized. Olive oil is rich in vitamin E which improves blood circulation and helps in repairing of damaged nails.
Steps to Use Olive Oil to Make Your Nails Grow Longer:
- Massage your nails with olive oil for 5 minutes before going to bed.
- Wear cotton gloves. Do this procedure daily.
- Another way is you can soak your nails in warm olive oil for 15 to 30 minutes for nail growth.
12.) Stop Biting Your Nails for Faster Nails Growth
- Biting your nails is a bad habit for nail growth.
- If you bite your nails, then your nails never grow fast. So stop this habit as soon as possible.
- If you are not able to stop biting nails, then there are drugstore products that you can apply to your nails.