This article deals with the home remedies for fever blister treatment. A fever blister is also known as cold sores or herpes. These are painful lesions which usually form near the lips, chin, cheeks and nostrils. These blisters turn yellow and dry, then automatically disappear within few weeks. They leave fluids and crust over. However, sometimes it may get worse. To avoid such problems, follow these home remedies for fever blister treatment.
Causes of Fever Blister Occurrence:
- Lip injury
- Contact with the person having this infection.
- Hormonal changes
- Seasonal changes
- Dental treatment
Symptoms of Fever Blister Occurrence:
- Small blisters filled with fluids
- Pain and irritation
- Swollen lips
Home Remedies For Fever Blister:
- Home Remedies For Fever Blister:
- 1.) Ice Cubes as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 2.) Tea Bags as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 3.) Aloe-Vera Gel as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 4.) Tooth Paste as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 5.) Plum Juice as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 6.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 7.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 8.) Cold Milk as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 9.) Onion as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 10.) Common Salt as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 11.) Tea Tree Oil as a Remedy for Fever Blister
- 12.) Peppermint Oil as a Remedy for Fever Blister
1.) Ice Cubes as a Remedy for Fever Blister
This is the easiest way to relief the pain of fever blisters. Ice is easily available in every kitchen and hence you need not worry in fetching this ingredient. This procedure is safe and can be repeated many times.
- You need Ice cubes and clean cotton or handkerchief.
- Wrap the ice cubes in the handkerchief or a piece of cloth.
- Now gently rub this pack of ice over the affected area.
- Repeat it as many times to get relief.
2.) Tea Bags as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Tea bags basically herbal tea bags helps to sooth your blister and it also give relief from swelling and pain.
- Gently press the warm tea bags on the blisters.
- Repeat it after every thirty seconds.
- You can also let it stay on your blisters for some time it will give you some relief.
3.) Aloe-Vera Gel as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Aloe Vera is popularly known for its soothing property which works on our skin. It has also anti-inflammatory properties, which soothes skin very quickly that’s why it is trusted to cure fever blisters.
- Pluck a leaf from Aloe Vera plant, Peel the leaf.
- Extract out the gel of the leaf and collect it in a clean bowl.
- Take a cotton ball and apply the Aloe Vera gel on the affected area.
- This procedure soothing the pain caused by fever blisters, that too, instantly.
4.) Tooth Paste as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Toothpaste is also an effective remedy to get rid of fever blisters. Toothpaste contains sodium lauryl sulfate that really heals the fever blisters. What you need to do is
- Take toothpaste directly from toothpaste tube.
- Apply it on blisters and leave it to dry.
- Wash it off with warm water repeat this remedy to get rid of fever blisters.
5.) Plum Juice as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Plum juice is considered among the most effective natural ingredients when it comes to healing fever blisters. It is a natural source of antibiotics. It can be trusted for fast recovery and that too with no side effects.
- Fresh plum juice extracted from plum.
- You can dilute it with warm water if you think the juice is causing a tingly sensation.
- Or you can directly apply it with the help of cotton balls.
- Repeat this as many as three times a day for better results.
6.) Apple Cider Vinegar as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Apple cider vinegar has many qualities that can treat fever blisters. It helps to dry out the fever blisters and also kills off the bacteria causing them.
- Apply Apple cider vinegar on your blisters with the help of cotton balls.
- Dab it on the affected area.
- It is a great anti-bacterial agent and immediately cures fever blisters.
7.) Baking Soda as a Remedy for Fever Blister
baking soda is having anti-microbial properties and its makes it difficult for the virus to survive. It is also a very effective soother for skin allergies,
- Baking soda- 2 teaspoonfuls mix it with water and prepare thick paste in a bowl.
- Mix well so that there are no lumps will be there.
- Apply this on fever blisters with the help of cotton ball Let it dry then wash it off with lukewarm water for instant relief.
8.) Cold Milk as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Cold milk is a rich source of proteins and it also contain lactic acid. This prevents viruses including herpes that give you fever blisters.
- Take cold milk in a cup.
- Apply it directly with the help Cotton balls or pads.
- Soak your cotton ball in milk.
- Hold for several minutes to dry and then wash it off.
- Repeat this remedy to get rid of these blisters.
9.) Onion as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Onions have anti-inflammatory qualities which will give you relief from fever blisters. What you need to do is walk towards your kitchen and do the following:
- Cut raw onion into slices
- Pat this slices on blisters very gently and leave it to dry.
- Wash it off with warm water and repeat this procedure to help your blisters.
10.) Common Salt as a Remedy for Fever Blister
This warm solution of common salt and water have antibacterial properties and it also lessens the swelling and redness of blisters.
- Take one cup of lukewarm water and add two teaspoons of salt and mix it well.
- With the help of cotton apply it on the blisters.
- Now place this cotton on blister so that it will lessen the swelling and will soothe the fever blister.
11.) Tea Tree Oil as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Tea tree oil is an excellent natural ingredient for improving skin quality and it also soothes skin. It comes with anti-bacterial properties, which work quick on the infected skin and heal them, reducing the swelling.
- Take Tea tree oil- 10 drops in a bowl.
- Soak Cotton ball in it and apply directly on fever blisters.
- Repeat it to get rid of this blisters.
12.) Peppermint Oil as a Remedy for Fever Blister
Peppermint oil is used as a healing agent and it is used to treat allergies. It also fights fever blisters very effectively. Peppermint leaves contain menthol, which has cooling properties.
- Take some peppermint oil.
- Add few drops in your lukewarm water for bath.
- Gently bathe in it and then clean your body with soft towel.